Smooth Blue skin by Egomednog of the IF Skin Zone

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Wrestling Ko. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

What are you watching? (1993)
Graham Crackers
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 11:50 PM

Group: Wrestling KO
Member No.: 226

MS-1 vs Cien Caras, AAA 08/22/93, Hair vs Hair

I expected this to me a match built around simple work and charisma and it didn't disappoint in that respect but I was a little disappointed to see this have so little hatred and no blood. The holds are drawn out and milked longer than some might be used to in lucha and the reversals/escapes were very simple but everything was sold as a big deal. MS-1 was great being cocky and targeting Cien Caras while Caras busted out some great selling. Satanico was awesome as MS-1's second. He was great choking, pulling hair, grabbing legs, and throwing cheap shots when the ref wasn't looking. In fact, he may have been the only person in this match to throw a single punch. At least MS-1 and Cien Caras are charismatic enough that this doesn't get as frustrating as those Heavy Metal matches from 1993 where he is seconded by Fuerza Guerrera who is infinitely more interesting to watch on the outside than anything Metal will do in the ring. Anyway, this is fun as long as you realize that it won't be worked like a hair vs hair match.

--------------------
rocco
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 12:03 AM

Unregistered

Windham, Austin, Pillman vs Scorpio, Badd, Armstrong, WCW 1/16/93

Good 6 man joined in progess, Scorpio is a great hot tag in this throwing some great drop kicks and a great looking flying body press. Windham really bumps and sells alot in this for a bunch of midcard guys.

ScToTeE
Posted: May 17 2012, 05:27 AM

It's pronounced: sc-tot-ee

Group: Wrestling KO
Member No.: 366

I really enjoyed the Smothers/DWB series over the SMW Heavyweight belt. The chain match isn't the best chain/strap match of '93, obviously, but it was still extremely good. Might rewatch it later and see how I feel about nominating it. Quickly becoming a fan of Dirty White Boy and Tracy Smothers. DWB has a great sleazeball look about him. Loved his promo before the match, set in Central Park, where he pulls out a pistol upon hearing a shout off camera and chuckles when he realises it's a mugging in the distance. I'm in awe of Smothers' face character. Not entirely sure why but it likely has something to do with him carrying the Confederate flag around and having it adorn his tights.

There was also another quality encounter between The Heavenly Bodies and Rock n Roll Express. There's probably a heap more of those on this set. This one stood out because at its core was strong southern-style tag action. But then there's absolutely fucking chaos going on around it, breaking into it and even on bloody commentary. Mantell throws a tantrum all match long as the Stud Stable were meant to have the title match but are nowhere to be found. So he's ranting and raving about Cornette, who is interjecting himself as usual. Then Golden and Fuller finally arrive. Brawls erupt around the place. Killer Kyle joins in. Mantell joins in. Bobby Eaton joins in. All the while the match is ongoing. Heels thwart other heels attempt to screw over Morton and Gibson. Attempts to thwart attempts to screw the faces over are themselves thwarted. It sounds overbooked but, goddamn, it was entertaining stuff.
« Next Oldest | Best Matches: 1993 | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1279 seconds | Archive