zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Weffriddles. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Spoiler Alert!
Pages: (13) « First ... 11 12 [13]  ( Go to first unread post )

Hint asking...
pitboss
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 01:42 PM

You have how many posts!?

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,936

QUOTE (PiMaster314 @ Jul 16 2008, 01:20 PM)
Yeah I know this is off-topic revival of a flame war, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned this mistake as well. I still find it disappointing that a so-called "educator" who was preaching about the integrity of the education system made errors in each of his posts ("you're" instead of "your", "plane" instead of "plain"). What's worse, neutrino was correct when he said he made a grammar error in addition to misspelling "too", but peekingin didn't realize this ("I see way too many people, especially in the education system who give up way to easily" - missing a comma to close the phrase).

EDIT: Neutrino also made another error.

That's a grammar error, not spelling errors.

Loss of subject-verb agreement - switched from singular to plural

Someone needs a hobby.
Shinsou
Posted: Jul 24 2008, 07:12 AM

Repent! For tomorrow you die!

Member No.: 32,765

QUOTE (pitboss @ Jul 19 2008, 01:42 PM)

Someone needs a hobby.

Or a good azz whoopin'

--------------------
Show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind!
Tempora mutantur nos et mutamur in illis
konfuzledkris
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 08:43 AM

So Lost

Member No.: 5,927

Or a good azz whoopin'

*gasp* that's not proper grammar or spelling!! *is horrified* laugh.gif

--------------------
Weffriddles - Level 86

I will PM nudges up to the levels I've completed. Include the url of the riddle you're working on and show me what you've tried so far. No evidence of work, no nudge.
Shinsou
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 02:35 PM

Repent! For tomorrow you die!

Member No.: 32,765

but liek teh intrawebs are serius bizness!

--------------------
Show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind!
Tempora mutantur nos et mutamur in illis
konfuzledkris
Posted: Jul 26 2008, 11:46 PM

So Lost

Member No.: 5,927

lulz smile.gif

--------------------
Weffriddles - Level 86

I will PM nudges up to the levels I've completed. Include the url of the riddle you're working on and show me what you've tried so far. No evidence of work, no nudge.
Twilight8737
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 04:32 PM

Member No.: 34,219

k, i know this is random..... and i'm REALLY bad at this game. how do u do number 12?
[QUOTE]

--------------------
user posted image
gscshoyru
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 04:34 PM

Group: Subadmin
Member No.: 26,177

If you want help on a level, it would be wise to look at the level's thread -- in this case in the batch 1 board. And if you're really stuck, post for help there as well -- not here.

--------------------
These suck, but I'm gonna make one anyway tongue.gif

Started: March 15th 2007
Finished (Batch 5): March 27th 2007

Started Batch 6 November 26, 2007 (when it came out.)
Finished Batch 6 May 19, 2008 (level 78 took me 6 months... yuck)

Started Batch 7 December 16, 2010 (took me long enough...)
Current level: 87

Willing to help on whatever you're having trouble with, up to where I'm at.

If you want help, send me a PM, with the address of the the puzzle, and a description of everything you've figured out so far. PM's without evidence of serious thought will be returned to sender, telling them to think a little bit more.
Twilight8737
  Posted: Oct 22 2008, 04:46 PM

Member No.: 34,219

well, FINE! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
19RAD
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 08:49 AM

NOOB?! or not?

Member No.: 34,468

All puzzles work in IE, Firefox, and Opera. I have beat the entire puzzles using FireFox and Jeff tested in all three browsers.

it works in Safari too! well, as far as i know. I'm using Safari, and the only problems i've had aren't big (eg. images properties and such), or have nothing to do with the browser (eg. different files types)

--------------------
You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

An onion, you hobo.

Began weffriddles 12 am on Nov 14, wasn't home most of the weekend, completed batch 1 quarter to 3 am on Nov 17, completed batch 2 20 to 1 am on Nov 18.
Xyzzy
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 12:49 AM

Member No.: 34,663

QUOTE (19RAD @ Nov 20 2008, 08:49 AM)
All puzzles work in IE, Firefox, and Opera. I have beat the entire puzzles using FireFox and Jeff tested in all three browsers.

it works in Safari too! well, as far as i know. I'm using Safari, and the only problems i've had aren't big (eg. images properties and such), or have nothing to do with the browser (eg. different files types)

Chrome 0.4.154.29 verified working through level 44 (I'm new here).

--------------------
xyzzy=lambda x:('',sigchar(x)+(str,xyzzy)[x>0](x>>5))[x>0]
sigchar=lambda x:(' ',chr(96+(x&31)))[(x&31)>0]
print xyzzy(long('n16voz3gl6btbnos7wu4188yhw',36))
xtine
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 06:54 AM

Member No.: 35,631

QUOTE (weffjebster @ Sep 7 2006, 08:36 PM)
Kay, guys. A few things I have been noticing with the growth of the player base around here...

A lot of people are asking for hints like 30 minutes into getting stuck on the level. Don't do this. Wait till you're stuck several hours before consulting the forum, let alone asking for a new hint.

Also, there are some people dropping hints into the forum, even when nobody's asking. I like the idea of players helping players on the forum with little pushes here and there, but I don't wanna make these things too easy.

I am gonna make a poll, too. You'll see in a sec.

OHHH. EM. GEE. smile.gif) I seriously can't get out of level 4! It so frustrating it's almost funny. I swear. =))
LilaBear
Posted: Mar 3 2010, 02:18 AM

Member No.: 35,232

QUOTE (eileen @ Nov 4 2006, 11:22 PM)
While I respect that this is YOUR website and you can do whatever the hell you want with it, it saddens me that you can't see that people are enjoying this at different levels. I'm not in it for the glory and asking for hints is a little like cheating at solitaire, meaning, who does it hurt and if it doesn't hurt anyone, is it cheating? And no one has to look at the hints. People who like to figure it out for themselves, don't ever have to even peek. And since it is a game we play for our own enjoyment, when we get to the end, we each know for ourselves how much of the effort was our own doing and how much was from hints.

I think you've done an incredible job with this Jeff (or Weff or whoever you are), but don't take yourself too seriously. This is a fun game, but what is riding on it? What do we get at the end? Is it something great that we don't deserve if we looked at hints? Okay, I'll forfeit the prize, just give me the hints back.=)

Anyway, I was having fun with it, but without the hints, it's just too time intensive and brain intensive for what my life can handle right now (yes, some of us have really stressful jobs that use up most of our brainpower). So I will have to say goodbye. I'm really kind of bummed because it was a fun diversion in the evenings.

Okay, like I said, this is your website and so my opinion counts for nothing, but I just had to let you know that people are here for different reasons and I think the choice you made is goign to turn this into something very elitist and you will lose a lot of people. Maybe that's what you want.

I'll check back in a few weeks and see if the hints have built back up.=)

Erm, I think the very fact that Weff is happy for players to nudge each other along on a forum is evidence against your little elitist theory.

It's just that he made these riddles for a reason - to challenge people and stretch their minds - and if the players go around giving each other dead-giveaway clues then the very point of the riddles has been lost.

He's not stopping you from googling the answers (and yes, you can access spoilers via Google), he's just not going to be condoning that type of stuff on this forum.

It's also totally fair enough that they wipe the forums every so often - if little spoilers slip thru the mods, they add up and eventually it might become too easy for people to solve levels. I know there's been at least one level where I've easily solved the riddle without any work of my own due to little bits and pieces that got thru the mods. It's just unlucky for you if you happen to get to a certain level just after it's been wiped.
katdey
Posted: Apr 1 2011, 06:13 PM

Member No.: 38,012

cant please someone tell me how to start playing??
i signed up and logged in..
just cant see any riddles... feeling stupid here.. any links??
gscshoyru
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 12:16 AM

Group: Subadmin
Member No.: 26,177

This isn't the riddles site -- this is a forum for helping with the riddles. The riddles are at http://www.weffriddles.com .

--------------------
These suck, but I'm gonna make one anyway tongue.gif

Started: March 15th 2007
Finished (Batch 5): March 27th 2007

Started Batch 6 November 26, 2007 (when it came out.)
Finished Batch 6 May 19, 2008 (level 78 took me 6 months... yuck)

Started Batch 7 December 16, 2010 (took me long enough...)
Current level: 87

Willing to help on whatever you're having trouble with, up to where I'm at.

If you want help, send me a PM, with the address of the the puzzle, and a description of everything you've figured out so far. PM's without evidence of serious thought will be returned to sender, telling them to think a little bit more.
« Next Oldest | Important News/Rules (check often) | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (13) « First ... 11 12 [13] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3518 seconds | Archive