InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Weffriddles. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (25) « First ... 23 24 [25]  ( Go to first unread post )

The Religion Thread, Tolerance Required
eternity
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 09:52 AM

Clad(dagh) Dru, Ballerina-in-residence

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,271

a friend of mine got pregnant when she was 16, and she was so afraid that she beat the thing to death inside her. She made my other friend throw volleyballs into her stomach until she miscarried. She told my friend she was just trying to improve her stomach muscles, so she had no idea what she was helping to do. I think that is the worst possible way for anything to die. Don't you think a clean, medical operation is better than that? There will always be women getting rid of their babies. The question is whether they will be allowed to do it safely and humanely or not.

--------------------
I need you here with me
Cause love is all we need
Just take a hold of the hand that breaks the fall
weffjebster
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 09:53 AM

Bane of your Mental Existence

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Wowzer. You guys are bringing in an angle on abortion that I hadn't even thought of. o.o

--------------------
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Signatures suck.

Oh, and this is what ELSE I do with my free time... http://www.soundclick.com/singlewhiteinfidel

If you need help, PM me. But make sure you've spent some time on it, 'cause I'll only help you if you've shown me that you have some real thought process. Oh, and it sounds obvious, but apparently I have to remind you to tell me what level you're on. wink.gif Oh, yeah, and don't email me unless I say so.
Confuzzled
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 10:00 AM

Midlife crisis?? Moi`?!?

Group: Subadmin
Member No.: 6,140

QUOTE (DancingFiend @ Jan 29 2007, 08:08 AM)
No, Beth, I understood. icon_hug.gif What I was saying is that in the days when abortion was illegal, far too many women (mostly young girls) died doing exactly that. And if it were illegal again, it would happen again.

Okay Greg. I'll concede that you had your point, but I had one that was different. It is sad when women are killing babies, when someone else who desperately wants one, can't have one. And this was family.

If my aunt would have been able to legally abort the baby (and this was in the 40's, so I don't know if it was legal then or not!), it still would have caused other issues... icon_shrugging.gif

--------------------
Do NOT email me for nudges/hints, etc... they will be deleted upon receipt and go unanswered.

or a wrong answer may be given...

Check out Wind Restrictors!
eternity
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 10:01 AM

yeah, but I think her dying is the greater issue here.

--------------------
I need you here with me
DancingFiend
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 10:49 AM

Don't blame me, I was born without qualms.

Member No.: 7,354

I'm not a fan of citing a single source or statistic and walking away, so I'm going to try to find some good, balanced resources to share on the abortion issue. But in the meantime, Weff and others, the following is an excerpt from a 2004 paper presented at a conference of the International Sociology Association in Paris.

Peru is the second South American country with the highest maternal mortality rate after Bolivia. Maternal mortality rate was 240 per 100,000 live births in 2002, a little less than in the period 1990-1996, where it was 265 per 100,000 live births (UNFPA 2003; DHS 1996). Another way of understanding this phenomenon is by comparing the risk of dying because of pregnancy, which is 1 out of every 85 pregnant women in Peru, while it is 1 out of 130 in Latin America and the Caribbean, and 1 out of 3700 pregnant women in North America (WHO 1996 cited in Guzmán 2002). One of the most important causes of maternal mortality is the prevalence of induced abortion performed by non- professionals or self-performed. Abortion is a criminal offense in Peru, except for therapeutic reasons and only when a medical committee establishes that a woman’s life is in danger.

--------------------
Are you a nurlo?

And yes, I'm willing to assist with batches 1 through 5...but please read this first. If you're smart (and let's face it, you probably are), you'll only PM me if you see me in this list.

Inspired Riddles (chronologically):
6LRiddles - on 30 | fiendriddles - made 'em | QnA Riddles - on 11 | Keyser's Riddles - on 19 | p33n puzzlers - on 8 | Skeeter Bytes - finished | Obbs' Abyss - on 2 | Do [Woozy] Now - finished
Confuzzled
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 12:33 PM

Midlife crisis?? Moi`?!?

Member No.: 6,140

When I did a search on the leading cause of death in pregnant women, guess what I got?

Murder

This was just one of the many articles that reported this information.

Here's another, and another.

--------------------
Do NOT email me for nudges/hints, etc... they will be deleted upon receipt and go unanswered.

or a wrong answer may be given...

Check out Wind Restrictors!
eternity
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 12:35 PM

interesting...

--------------------
I need you here with me
Pikan
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 06:10 PM

Ooo do I get a custom member title?

Member No.: 21,674

QUOTE (eternity @ Jan 30 2007, 03:35 AM)
interesting...

Sad I think.

--------------------
54.1 and still sane....For now.....- Happy to give hints with all the usual qualifiers

Speed limits are just a suggestion.......like pants!
Courtly
Posted: Feb 3 2007, 02:33 PM

Spoiler Janitor

Member No.: 58

There's a study I read last month that showed a fearsome correlation... a perceptible drop in the crime rates of a state about 15-20 years after that state legalized abortion.

Fearsome to consider, and I'm trying to dig out the link to that site. To cite that site. What a sight.

--------------------
Wondering why your post was edited? Read the FAQ

Happy to give tiny nudges, if you PM me with ALL OF THE FOLLOWING: How long since you got stuck, Level, and what you have ALREADY done and learned on that riddle. Please wait until an entire day has passed since you became stuck. I'm serious. Incomplete requests ignored.

I don't have anywhere near as interesting a hobby as Weff, but my wife does! http://www.heatherdale.com

( Fiend: 12 ) ( QnA: 17 ) ( WR: 77 ) ( Bhad: 5 ) ( 6L: 25 ) ( Notpron: 47 )

The doctor is OUT
jodez4
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 12:14 PM

pewpewpewpewpew

Member No.: 1,664

Only because it's been inactive for a month....

--------------------
I'm studying, working and raising 3 kids.
Please don't pm for hints, I don't have time to answer right now

Hint Asking Rules FAQ Read
user posted image
me my babies click more me
<3 those red cheeks blush.gif
Life is short. user posted image Dance naked.
« Next Oldest | Archive | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (25) « First ... 23 24 [25] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1804 seconds | Archive