Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Shipbucket - Archive Forum!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shipbucket has a new forum! Please go and register there at once. The InvisionFree forum (the one you are looking at now) will no longer be updated. Posting has been disabled on this forum and it now serves only as an archive. Thanks!

Shipbucket Archive

Shipbucket has a new forum! Please go and register there at once. The InvisionFree forum (the one you are looking at now) will no longer be updated. Posting has been disabled on this forum and it now serves only as an archive. Thanks!

Naval Coaster, 103 m, coastal dry cargo vessel
MC Spoilt B'stard
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 01:09 AM

Commander Netherlands Navy Caribbean Fleet

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

Just a small fantasy class of 2 types of ships. Dry Cargo Coaster(DCC) & unfinished Multirole Tanker Coaster (MTC).

Dry Cargo Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 m full load 6200 T
(Posted Image)

Multirole Tanker Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 Full load 5800 T
(Posted Image)

Crew :
DCC 11+5
MTC 12+8

Max speed: 17 kts
Cruise speed : 15 kts
Endurance : 10 days

20 feet container capacity:
DCC: 189x
MTC: 24x
Thiel
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 11:13 PM

Small Craft spammer.

Group: Premium Members
Member No.: 618

QUOTE (MC Spoilt B'stard @ Jul 25 2010, 08:09 PM)
Just a small fantasy class of 2 types of ships. Dry Cargo Coaster(DCC) & unfinished Multirole Tanker Coaster (MTC).

Dry Cargo Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 m full load 6200 T
(Posted Image)

Multirole Tanker Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 Full load 5800 T
(Posted Image)

Crew :
DCC 11+5
MTC 12+8

Max speed: 17 kts
Cruise speed : 15 kts
Endurance : 10 days

20 feet container capacity:
DCC: 189x
MTC: 24x

Your terminology is rather confusing. Are these naval ships or civilian? I ask because on one hand you call them coasters (Small civilian multi purpose freighters), but on the other they have PT numbers.
Further, even if they are civilian, none of them are coasters, since there's no such thing as a container or tanker coaster.
Small container ships are called feeder ship, and tankers aren't categorized by size, but by cargo type. (Unless you're carrying crude)
In this case it would either be called a bunker ship or a product tanker.

Also, they don't have enough range. Today, no one builds freighters incapable of crossing the Atlantic.

Anyway, you'd do well to smoothen out the prop area, since what you have now is one big drag trap.
The bulbous bow you've used is, as far as I know, only used on fast ships like the big containerships. A more standard one will be more efficient for a 15 knot ship.
MC Spoilt B'stard
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 01:01 AM

Commander Netherlands Navy Caribbean Fleet

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

oke the name coaster could be wrong. In all they are millitairy ships but operated with civilian crews (like the RFA). The ships are actual real ship plans (from a turkish shipyard), so the bulb should be oke for this ship. I think i will drop the ''tanker'' vessel because i didnt like it myself. I designed them to support the smaller missions like mine couter & Law Enforcement missions in european waters.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Beginner Forum | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive