InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Shipbucket - Archive Forum!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shipbucket has a new forum! Please go and register there at once. The InvisionFree forum (the one you are looking at now) will no longer be updated. Posting has been disabled on this forum and it now serves only as an archive. Thanks!

Shipbucket Archive

Shipbucket has a new forum! Please go and register there at once. The InvisionFree forum (the one you are looking at now) will no longer be updated. Posting has been disabled on this forum and it now serves only as an archive. Thanks!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

questions ^.^, i just have few questions plz help
turkishnavyguy
  Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:10 AM

Unregistered

ok i have read the rules and all does stuff that tell u how to draw ships...but i still have some questions.
1) what program do u guys use to draw ur ships? paint?
2) how long does it take u guys to finish a small ship?(if u were a newbie)
3) how do u guys draw the stuff from the part sheet (like planes and helicopters,ete) exactly the same on ur drawings?

so can u guys pleas answer these questions plz. :huh:

and im new so yea... :)
Colosseum
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:21 AM

hey dudes

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

1. I use Adobe Photoshop CS but most use MS Paint or Paint.NET

2. ... um, well it depends on how much effort you are willing to put into drawing the ship nicely. :)

3. The same way you draw ships...

Please re-read Rule #1 of the Forum Rules!

1. Do your best to spell correctly. Not everyone here speaks the best English and so writing in terrible grammar won't help them (or us, for that matter).

This means no "u", "urs", etc!
turkishnavyguy
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:32 AM

Unregistered

klagldsf
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:34 AM

even Colo thinks I'm an asshole

Group: Members
Member No.: 488

What the hell is Paint.NET?
Colosseum
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:34 AM

hey dudes

MitcheLL300
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:40 AM

Adicted to Alternate universe netherlands

Member No.: 520

QUOTE (klagldsf @ Jun 2 2010, 05:34 AM)
What the hell is Paint.NET?

Free version of paint with some extra's.
Such as rotating etc etc.
turkishnavyguy
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:45 AM

Unregistered

oh guys i have another question... if you are making your own ship and you make your own wepons,connons and put it on your ship? :blink:
Colosseum
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 05:58 AM

hey dudes

What?
turkishnavyguy
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 06:01 AM

Unregistered

i mean like when you make you own designes can you designe you own connos and wepons to put on your own designes?(lets say i make my own designe of a ship and i want to put a connon or wepon i made on it can i do that?) thats what im asking B)
navybrat85
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 06:13 AM

Proud to be an American.

Member No.: 726

Allow me to translate (My boss sucks at spelling)

If you design your own ships, can you design your own weapons (missiles, guns) or sensors (Those are important too)?

The Answer, Turkishnavyguy, is yes. But, if you do, make sure you save a plain copy that isn't obscured by railings, shading, etc so that someone else may be able to use it if they like it, without spending an hour restoring it.
klagldsf
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 06:32 AM

even Colo thinks I'm an asshole

Member No.: 488

QUOTE (Colosseum @ Jun 2 2010, 05:34 AM)
Let me Google that for you

That's not what I mean <_<

What I mean is...WHY? MS Paint is already free. There's a Mac equivalent of MS Paint too. Seems rather super-pointless to me.
unrealities3d
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 08:34 AM

Just Registered

Member No.: 827

QUOTE (klagldsf @ Jun 2 2010, 06:32 AM)

What I mean is...WHY? MS Paint is already free. There's a Mac equivalent of MS Paint too. Seems rather super-pointless to me.

Well, in Paint.NET, the layouts are very usefull:

- I'm a newbee (and lazy more than newbee...) so it's easier to work with sequential and consecutive layouts

- If you want to render the evolution of a ship, or the differences between ships of a same class, it's very easy to do it with different layouts.

- I'm now trying to draw a sail ship (a schooner), my first one, and I think I would not be able to do it if I worked without layouts.

For the rest:

- you must install .NET Framework to run Paint.NET - as for SketchUp (No: for SketchUp Pro, you must have TWO versions of .NET Framework installed !). Working on my ageing PC, it's very heavy: the (noisy) fan starts at the opening of the soft...

- It's not possible to save personal parameters (the worst point for me)

- This F*** software always starts on the first layout, the basic one, so the most important one.

But I Like it (even if I know consider to try Sketchup instead).

Voilą
navybrat85
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 11:18 AM

Proud to be an American.

Member No.: 726

QUOTE (klagldsf @ Jun 2 2010, 06:32 AM)

I like the ability to use layers and the magic wand feature. The drawback to layers is that (at least as far as I can tell) everything on the same layer will be drawn "Opaque" like the default setting in MS Paint. Also, when a ship is a Work in Progress, like Dreadnought, I can have each major component on a layer, so I can edit them and not effect the rest of the ship.
TimothyC
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 02:15 PM

Cooler than you

Member No.: 308

QUOTE (navybrat85 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:18 AM)
The drawback to layers is that (at least as far as I can tell) everything on the same layer will be drawn "Opaque" like the default setting in MS Paint.

Layer Opacity Control in Paint.NET

(Posted Image)

(Posted Image)
gollevainen
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 02:31 PM

Divine Administrator

Member No.: 277

drawing has never been relevant of the size and shininess of the pen you are using ;)
Colors migth be different thing, and the sole thing I envy in expensive/heavy drawing programs is the better ability to adjust colors. But as Shipbucket is designed so that the crumblesome things like MSpaint can support its idea of color pallette, there really is IMO little excuses for using Photoshop & co. in such simple pixel drawing...
...except the lazyness allready mentioned here, and IMO what can be worse sin in shipbucketeering than beeing lazy ;)
Perhaps if you all would do the hard way and work with the single layer that MSpaint offers you, we would start seeing stuff not made so hastily as the patience that MS paint requires gives you also lot of time for the subconscience to think "what the hell Am I actually drawing this time"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive