InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Shipbucket - Archive Forum!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shipbucket has a new forum! Please go and register there at once. The InvisionFree forum (the one you are looking at now) will no longer be updated. Posting has been disabled on this forum and it now serves only as an archive. Thanks!

Shipbucket Archive

Shipbucket has a new forum! Please go and register there at once. The InvisionFree forum (the one you are looking at now) will no longer be updated. Posting has been disabled on this forum and it now serves only as an archive. Thanks!

Pages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Post a picture of yourself
Philbob
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 07:43 AM

Future Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces

Group: Premium Members
Member No.: 292

Before i got fat

Im on the left and it was the forth of July that is one of the best BBQ i ever had becuse we had not been resupplied for weeks
(Posted Image)
Portsmouth Bill
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 11:50 AM

Sea Dog

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 315

Before i got fat

Wow :o I couldn't help noticing Phil that you have all the pies; now....... <_< As far as posting a photo of myself....I already have :lol: No, just joking, that is my trusty Springer......Jerry :P I do wonder though, is the world ready for this sort of thing; I've always suspected that some of my fellow 'bucketeers' are actually visitors from a far-distant planet :unsure:
Colosseum
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 03:43 PM

hey dudes

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Haha, nice. When were you in the Marines philbob?

Anyways here's me on the HMS Belfast in London:

(Posted Image)
... and me at the North Carolina with two of my friends (I'm on the left) (yes that is a Blackwater t-shirt)
(Posted Image)
gollevainen
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 04:45 PM

Divine Administrator

Member No.: 277

Ok this is a fast snapshot. (you can see Coloseums pic in my screen)

And no I'm not having a hang-over despite it may look like it.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Philbob
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 08:10 PM

Future Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces

Member No.: 292

QUOTE (Colosseum @ Jan 23 2009, 03:43 PM)
Haha, nice. When were you in the Marines philbob?

Anyways here's me on the HMS Belfast in London:

(Posted Image)
... and me at the North Carolina with two of my friends (I'm on the left) (yes that is a Blackwater t-shirt)
(Posted Image)

My ex told me to tell you she thinks your cute. Anyway I was in teh Marines from 2003-2007. That was taken July 4th 2006.
I was a radio operator and forward observer with 3rd Marine reigment out of Hawaii ( I was orginally with 1/12 then moved to 3/3 for the deployment, afterwords i got sent to the regiment to finish out my time.)

Im dying to go and see the USS North Carolina becuase it is sister ship to the USS Washington, probably one of my favriot WWII era ships. I have some pictures of the USS Missouri and USS Alabama i need to post. As well as the USS Princeton and Tarawa
lazer_one
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:26 PM

Ice Pirate

Member No.: 327

Oh my god... I'm too old to post my picture!!!
It could be enough my avatar (taken ten years ago at Cape Prudomme Air Strip).

Lazer_ B) ne

PS: ...or this set of personal patches

(Posted Image)
Chevrokia
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 12:42 AM

Member No.: 362

Oh god an Chev...

(Posted Image)

That one above is from back in November, I believe. The one below is me dressed for a typical day in the wonderful North Dakota winter.

(Posted Image)
TimothyC
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 03:38 AM

Cooler than you

Member No.: 308

From about 2 years ago.

(Posted Image)
Portsmouth Bill
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 03:31 PM

Sea Dog

On the ferry from Islay to Oban last Autumn: one of those glorious days when the sun was out, a flat sea, and the Captain deciding to run between the islands:

(Posted Image)

I'd heard that Tony Blair was cruising off the coast; so I took my war-surplus warship out to see if I could bag him; but the slippery beggar got away from me:

(Posted Image)

Seriously, though, what ship am I on? and whereabouts am I sitting?
RP1
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 06:36 PM

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 285

Seriously, though, what ship am I on? and whereabouts am I sitting?

A right-click and check of the filename confirms my suspicions - HMS Cavalier, in the gun-layers position on the side of the 4-inch mount. I thought a sight was located behind the window? Or has it been removed?

RP1
gollevainen
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 06:55 PM

Divine Administrator

Member No.: 277

Huh, you're old :o
but then again, didn't they sung: "....old men got all the money....and Young Man, Aint got nothing in the world these days...."
colombamike
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 10:11 PM

Warships Expert

Member No.: 266

Hi guys
(by respect for all user of this fabulous website)

sorry for my bad english :D :D :D (i am french :D )
My during Euronaval 2008.............."fire in the hole" :D
(Posted Image)
My & older french submarine at lorient harbor (2007)
(the "lorient" german U-Boat bunker were well know to be dramaticaly heavily bombed by allied bomber during 1942-1945....)
(Posted Image)

SEMPER FORTIS, SEMPER FIDELIS !

<_<
Tacit
Posted: Jan 24 2009, 10:53 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

QUOTE (Portsmouth Bill @ Jan 24 2009, 03:31 PM)
I'd heard that Tony Blair was cruising off the coast; so I took my war-surplus warship out to see if I could bag him

need a loader?

p.s. looks like you're standing in a gunlayers position? No idea what type or where!
Portsmouth Bill
Posted: Jan 25 2009, 11:16 AM

Sea Dog

Damn :P I forgot I'd changed the file name to find it in my maze of pics - Yes, the gun-layers position it is on HMS Cavalier at Chatham - actually a 4.5-inch mount. I don't recall seeing a sight, so yes, probably removed. I took quite a few pics that day, but left it too late to get onto the sub HMS Ocelot- but we're returning in the better weather to see it all again - I would recommend Chatham to any naval enthusiast.

Old ? <_< Well, my shock was seeing how many 'callow youths' were sharing our mess deck :P Actually, I've had a hard life: 'but still crazy after all these years' :lol:

Just been reading the Sunday Times, Tactic, with a gallery of the bankers and Brown - who have helped bring down our economy. Yeh, put them all into a boat with a coal fired steam engine requiring hot sweaty labour, give them a couple of hours start, then after them with whaling boat with a nice big harpoon on the bow - Bliss ;)

colombamike: Fascinating shot of the U-Boat pens; they will outlast everything :)
graham
Posted: Jan 25 2009, 03:00 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 332

Ok lets see i can post a link to my photo
I am the one on the left doing my other passion bushwalking or when in NZ tramping My first ever time that I had seen snow !!!
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/g...fordday3039.jpg
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive