Welcome to SECRETcrowds. We are a writing community where authors can showcase their works and collaborate with others in order to better their craft by editing, critiquing, and reading each other's work, as well as doing what they do best, WRITING.

CELLO.
Writer of the Moment.

A Smile of Hope by TALLIE.
oliver. by ROBYN.
Story of the Moment.

Dunino Den by Torint
Poem of the Moment.

All the Words by Rallalon
Fan Fiction of the Moment.

ADMINS.
ADRIENNE.
NJ.

MODS.
BRIANA.
EMBER.
RONNIE.
HANNAH.

Board: TALLIE.

Poems, Short Stories, Novels, and Fan Fictions: Copyright to their respective authors.

Skin: Coty
Sidebar: Dana
Header: NJ.
Coding Help: RCR

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to SECRETcrowds.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WRITERS' RESOLUTION., write for a week, win an award!
ADRIENNE.
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 10:33 PM

organized chaos.
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR.
Member No.: 3

Have you been telling yourself for a while now that you need to write some more? Has it been a while since you had the drive to finish something? It's a new year. Get back on track. Make a writers' resolution!

This personal challenge will get you back on track. Write a complete piece every day for a week - the first week of the new year. Why not try it? Not only will you get some finished pieces out that you can polish later (we encourage participants to run around reading and commenting on each others' work!), but you can work on your story-writing or poem-writing skills in particular - or switch between the two each day! A daily inspiring prompt or two will get you going, and at the end of the week, you'll win an award for making it through!

If you're interested, please sign up below by replying (it would be extra-helpful if you linked to your notebook in your reply). Then copy the following code into a new post in your notebook (if you don't have a notebook or need to re-activate an unused notebook, go here), and edit the post each day to link to your newest piece:

CODE
[b][size=11]WRITERS' RESOLUTION.[/size][/b]

I'm doing the Writers' Resolution!  If you're interested, sign up [url=http://z11.invisionfree.com/secretcrowds/index.php?showtopic=1436]here[/url], or look for future personal challenges in the [url=http://z11.invisionfree.com/secretcrowds/index.php?showforum=3]announcements[/url].

[b]Day 1, 1/1/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]
[b]Day 2, 1/2/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]
[b]Day 3, 1/3/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]
[b]Day 4, 1/4/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]
[b]Day 5, 1/5/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]
[b]Day 6, 1/6/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]
[b]Day 7, 1/7/09[/b]: [url=LINKTOWORK]TITLE[/url]

Please sign up if you're at all interested - you can take advantage of the benefits of doing writing exercises for a few days, even if you don't have the time or stamina to keep up with a complete piece each day for seven days. And if you do complete a piece each day, you get an award - it's a win either way!

Check back here for the prompts each day. We'll also keep a list of participants with a link to the resolution page in their gallery, so you can see others' work and others can see yours! Please be sure to comment on others' work, and you'll probably see people responding to your own!

PROMPTS.

DAY ONE.
DAY TWO.
DAY THREE.
DAY FOUR.
DAY FIVE.
DAY SIX.
DAY SEVEN.

PARTICIPANTS.

EMBER.
ADRIENNE.
.rhiannon
HANNAH.
NJ.
MOXY
RONNIE.
GEORGE.
^
EMBER.
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 11:58 PM

I am author, hear me roar
Group Icon

Group: MODERATOR.
Member No.: 11

Rawr, fine, I'll sign up. I'll link to my notebook later. And be thankful for the existence of the backspace key, for it has saved you all from much grumbling and grouchiness.

EDIT: Tired/PMS/found out that an agent I was thinking of submitting to changed their submission requirements and now I need to write a synopsis of my novel, that's why that.

Other edit: My notebook is here
^
ADRIENNE.
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 01:10 AM

organized chaos.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

sad.gif I'm sorry, why's that?

(Thanks for signing up!)
^
.rhiannon
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 12:04 PM

je veux juste une dernière danse
Group Icon

Group: MEMBER.
Member No.: 126

Oh, I've missed you guys! I'm back now that NaNo is over. This is just what I need-- I'm in!

My Notebook.
^
HANNAH.
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 12:04 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 34

you know what? I'm going to sign up. I wasn't going to because i'll be in VT from the 1st-4th but I think I'll just try and write in a journal while i'm there and type it up when I get home. So...yeah. count me in.
^
NJ.
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 11:33 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 39

I is going to release pent up emotions with this here doohickey.

I'M IN!
^
MOXY
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 03:05 PM

READ; IT'LL CONFUSE PEOPLE
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

count me in! this is perfect. yay for finding out my first resolution.
^
RONNIE.
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 09:36 PM

someone i use to know.
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

i'mmmma gonna do it!

i probably will fail horribly, but i'll give 'er a try!

POSTAGE
^
GEORGE.
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 10:11 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 161

Aw, man, now I have to write something...
Shit.
It still counts if I edit my post tomorrow, right? If I finish writing tonight? Of course it does, of course it does... My internet goes kabam at 11 (oh, the joys of living with my parents...), so yeah. Anyway...
^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5729 seconds | Archive
AMARANTH SKINNED BY AUGUSTINE (COTY) OF RCR & RPG-U.