Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fire Emblem - The Sealed Sword. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

FE GBA Nightmare tutorial
Marth
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 05:12 PM

Group Icon

Group: Dragonmaster
Member No.: 41

Nightmare is a basic hacking tool used to hack “backups.” In this case, it’s used for hacking the GBA Fire Emblems. For this tutorial, I’ll be mostly using FE6.

In order to hack GBAFE with Nightmare, you’ll need the unzipped “backup,” Nightmare, and modules that are compatible with the backup. Nightmare and the FE6 Modules can be found below, but I WILL NOT, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SUPPLY ANYONE WITH THE “BACKUP.” Don’t like it? Deal with it.

Nightmare Table Editor: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HEG6GC0B
Fire Emblem 6 Modules: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGBIWNCX

If you want the modules for FE2, 3, 4, 5, or whatever, search for them with Google. There is a .00001% chance that I’ll put them here, but we’re talking Fire Emblem here- you know the odds of that happening are as slim as Florina’s lance. Now, on to chapter 1:

Chapter 1: Nightmare’s Interface
Open Nightmare to get this screen.
Select “File” to Open, close, and save changes to a “backup.” Select “Modules” to open and close Modules. ( .nmm files)
Only when you open a “backup” file can you actually use a module to edit the “backup.”
Whenever you're done editing with any module, apply the changes by pressing "Enter," and then clicking "File," and "Save ROM." Or you can save it by pressing "Ctrl" and "S" at the same time.
Well, that was a short, easy chapter!

P.S. You should also create a backup of your “backup.” I’ll explain later.

--------------------
[rpgcode:3910|!|1259|473|626|946|92|{}|{}|1|0|8|0|Me|My mind|!]
user posted image
Sa... you shall never be alone, as long as you keep me in your heart. That peculiar, strange emotion that you carry within you, that you pour all of it to me and only me... love, you call it? I cannot say whether I find contentment from it or not. Not even I know. But what I do know, is that you will never be alone. Whenever you feel like crying, know that my warmth exists, and you shall feel it. Whenever you think that reality as you see it now, when you wish with all of your heart to be different, I shall carry your consciousness over to the realm of which I roam, and lend you my wings. Sa. I shall always be with you.
Marth
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 06:44 PM

Group Icon

Chapter 2: The Character Editor
To start, open the "backup," and open the module that says "character editor."

The top box that now says "0x00" is the name of the character you'd like to edit. Click any of this type of box twice, and use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the menu. If your mouse has a mouse wheel, that's even easier. Keep in mind that if you've ever made a change to one of these characters/anything else that would appear in this box, and you want to change it, you have to click "File," and "Apply Changes." Or you can simply press "Enter."

Name pointer: This data dictates what is displayed in the "R" menu.

Description pointer: This data dictates that is displayed when you press "R" over the character's name in his/her respective "R" menu.

Character Number: What character is shown during cutscenes. If, at any point in time, that character is in the cutscene, and you changed this character's number, then the game will freeze. That's no good- leave this box alone.

Class: Basically, what class the unit is. Want to make Rutger a Mercenary? No problem.

Portrait: Dictates what "Mug," or portrait is displayed in the respective character's "R" menu.

***UNKNOWN*** : I don't know. Don't ask me.

Mini Portrait (Zero is Default): When you move your cursor over a unit, the box shows up, displaying the unit's HP, name, condition (if applicable), and what matters most in this situation- the mini portrait. If you want the unit to keep his/her portrait there, leave it alone. Otherwise, you can change it to the mini portraits displayed for enemy units.

Affinity: Dictates the unit's affinity. If you want the extra bonuses for a certain support pairing, then make their affinities the same.

***UNKNOWN***: I still don't know.

Level: Basically, what level the unit would start at.

Base HP: Don't panic if this number is zero- it's basically what points are added in addition to this class's default stats.
Base Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed/Luck/Defense/Resistance/Constitution Bonus:
<See above>

Sword/Spear/Axe/Bow/Staff/Anima/Light/Dark Level: That's right, every single unit has the potential to wield physical weapons and magic at the same time. However, if you do decide to give a physical-wielding unit the ability to wield magic, don't expect him/her to have a fancy animation- when you attack with this configuration, its attack won't have an animation. It will only attack as if you turned the animations off. Sorry to tell you, but whatever.

HP/Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed/Defense/Resistance/Luck Growth: The higher the number, the higher the chance it will be stronger with each "Level Up."

Palette Pointer - Unpromoted/Promoted: Basically, what colors are displayed for that character's battle animation.

***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***: Again, I still don't know.
Supports Data Pointer: Dictates what support conversations he can have with other units. I reccomend leaving this alone.

Woot, another chapter done.

--------------------
user posted image
Sa... you shall never be alone, as long as you keep me in your heart. That peculiar, strange emotion that you carry within you, that you pour all of it to me and only me... love, you call it? I cannot say whether I find contentment from it or not. Not even I know. But what I do know, is that you will never be alone. Whenever you feel like crying, know that my warmth exists, and you shall feel it. Whenever you think that reality as you see it now, when you wish with all of your heart to be different, I shall carry your consciousness over to the realm of which I roam, and lend you my wings. Sa. I shall always be with you.
Marth
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 07:18 PM

Group Icon

Chapter 3: Class Editor
This module allows you to change what a class can/cannot do.

0x00: What class you're editing. If you've edited a class, and want to switch to another class, press "Enter" to save your changes.

Class Name: Dictates what unit type is displayed in that class's "R" menu.

Class Description: Dictates what is displayed whenever the class's name is highlighted with "R."

Class Number: Leave this alone.

This class promotes to: If you feel like making a mercenary promote to a swordmaster, or whatever non-standard promotion is possible, use this.

Map Sprite# (standing): If, for some weird reason, you want a Fighter to have a Mamkute's sprite whenever it's not active, then use this

Walking Speed: This comes in 2 speeds- Normal and Slow. Armorknights and Shamans walking speed is slow, and most other units are normal.

***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***: I don't know.

Base HP/STR/MGC/SKL/SPD/DEF/MDF/CON/MOV: These are the defining stats for a unit. For example, Armorknights have a high base DEF of 9, but a low base MOV of 4. These numbers are added to a character's personal stat additions to create what stats they have whenever they are introduced into the game.

Max HP/STR/MGC/SKL/SPD/DEF/MDF/CON: This, again, goes into the "Defining factors" of a unit. Example- Warriors have a paramount max STR of 30, but a relatively low max MDF of 20.

EXP Gain: How fast can a unit level up? This alone can make a game easy as FE8 Easy mode, or Hector Hard Mode. Example: Journeman/Pupil/Manakete/Mamkutes have high EXP growths.

HP/STR/MGC/SKL/SPD/DEF/MDF/CON Growth: Once again, this goes into the whole "defining factor" of a unit. Example: Hector/Gonzales tend to have high STR and DEF growths. If you want a Mage to have a higher DEF growth, then make the number higher, and chances are, you'll have a mage that can withstand a lot of physical attacks.

***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***: You're on your own. I don't know.

Class Ability 1/2/3: You can give units special abilities, but there's a catch- if you want your unit to be a dancer, you better make sure that the unit has an animation for dancing. Otherwise, the game will freeze.

***UNKNOWN***: I don't know.

Base Sword/Spear/Axe/Bow/Staff/Anima/Light/Dark Level: Like I've said before, any unit has the potential to wield any weapon. It doesn't neccesarily mean that they have an animation for a weapon that they don't normally use.

Battle Animation Pointer: Use this to change what animation this unit uses whenever they are in battle. Want Brigands (Mountain Thieves) to have the same animation as a Berzerker? Here's your chance.

Movement Type Pointer/***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***/***UNKNOWN***: I. Don't. Know.

--------------------
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1135 seconds | Archive

All layout, banners and buttons © Roy. The Sealed Sword. 2006-2008.