InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to MK Trini Events. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ATTENTION!!! Members of the old mktrinievents forum must re-register to use this new board.

Car Show Tips, 4 Things Judges Look For at Car Shows
ray786
Posted: Aug 27 2009, 02:12 PM

D' NeWs MaN

Group: Member
Member No.: 2,263

If you are taking a vehicle to a car show and would like to place well, you need to know what the judges are looking for. In addition to any specific criteria outlined for the category your vehicle falls in to, there are some general things you should make sure you take care of. In this article, I will discuss a few things that all judges look for. By paying attention to these you can greatly increase your chances of doing well.

1. Spotless Cars

Regardless of the category your car is placed in, your car should be absolutely clean and spotless. There should be no visible dirt or mud on the outside of the car and the interior should be immaculate. You should spend some time after arriving at the car show to do some shining, polishing, and touch up work.

2. New Tires

Your tires are also an important consideration. Rolling up with tires with a year's worth of wear and tear is not going to help your chances. The judges are looking at how you maintain your vehicle. Your tires should be new, with no dirt or mud, and clean.

3. Scratch-Free

This may seem obvious, but you'd be surprised how many cars you will see with scratches and other nicks and dings that can easily be repaired. Any imperfections like this draw the judge's attention away from the rest of your car and can easily lead to you not showing well.

4. Custom Paint-Job

If you really want your car to stand out to the judges, you may want to consider a custom paint-job. This can be dramatic like a bright yellow or hot pink to make your car stand out or it can be something more subtle like a different shade of the original color. Without a custom paint job, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of cars with the exact same paint scheme as your car and the judges have seen them over and over again. Judges are often looking for creativity and uniqueness.

Impressing the judges in not always an easy task, but by following the above advice you can greatly increase your chances of success at your next car show.

--------------------
"Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive."
-Roach-
Posted: Aug 27 2009, 11:51 PM

-iN De ShAdOwZ-

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1,780

Nice Post Ray.. Short Sweet And To The Point.. This Should Be Acknowledged By Dual Star Crew And Suspex Crew.. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

(̅_̅_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅d̅u̲̅M̲̅A̲̅U̲̅R̲̅I̲̅E̲̅R̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅() ڪے
kess
Posted: Aug 28 2009, 10:36 AM

D General

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

yea nice read.especially wit the spotless part

--------------------
user posted image

Still RepReseNtiNg..CrEEpeRS CrEw.....

WE DONT DIE WE MULTIPLY!!!!!!!!
Sly
Posted: Aug 28 2009, 12:45 PM

WeSt SiDe KiLLaH

Member No.: 1,955

QUOTE (-Roach- @ Aug 28 2009, 12:51 AM)
This Should Be Acknowledged By Dual Star Crew And Suspex Crew.. smile.gif

hahaha-024.gif

Nice post Ray

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
U Shouldn't Throw Stones if u live in a Glass House and if u Hav a Glass Jaw u Should Watch yr Mouth...

U either In CrEePeRs Or U Out .. U Cant b Both or When Its in Yr favor..
DUAL STAR
Posted: Aug 31 2009, 11:13 PM

CaLL Me Da PoStMaN

Member No.: 2,133

QUOTE (-Roach- @ Aug 28 2009, 12:51 AM)
Nice Post Ray.. Short Sweet And To The Point.. This Should Be Acknowledged By Dual Star Crew And Suspex Crew.. smile.gif

ROACH CARE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...
ARE U SAYING THAT MY CARS COME TO SHOWS LOOKING LIKE $hite?

--------------------
user posted image

DUALSTAR ENTERPRISE
FOR ALL YOUR PERFORMANCE PARTS AND CUSTOM ACCESSORIES AS WELL AS FULL CUSTOMIZING OF VECHICLES
796-7419
-Roach-
Posted: Aug 31 2009, 11:57 PM

-iN De ShAdOwZ-

QUOTE (DUAL STAR @ Sep 1 2009, 12:13 AM)

No.. Not At All.. I Know Posting It Like That Would Make People Look At It Differently.. LOL!..

I Was Saying That Both Of You Guys Are 2 Of Trinidad's Top Crews That Contain Some Of The Most Customized Vehicles.. And Should Take Notes Of This Little Article To Help You Guys Come Out Even Better At Every Show..

--------------------
user posted image

DUAL STAR
Posted: Sep 1 2009, 03:42 PM

CaLL Me Da PoStMaN

Member No.: 2,133

QUOTE (-Roach- @ Sep 1 2009, 12:57 AM)

No.. Not At All.. I Know Posting It Like That Would Make People Look At It Differently.. LOL!..

I Was Saying That Both Of You Guys Are 2 Of Trinidad's Top Crews That Contain Some Of The Most Customized Vehicles.. And Should Take Notes Of This Little Article To Help You Guys Come Out Even Better At Every Show..

oh ok cool roach
cause how u phrase it... it totally sounded like a dis... i was like wtf

but thanks for the advise... i will take note....
but alot of work have to be done to our crew cars still in trems of paint and body
hopefully next year we can come out with all looking fresh

--------------------
user posted image

DUALSTAR ENTERPRISE
FOR ALL YOUR PERFORMANCE PARTS AND CUSTOM ACCESSORIES AS WELL AS FULL CUSTOMIZING OF VECHICLES
796-7419
-Roach-
Posted: Sep 1 2009, 03:46 PM

-iN De ShAdOwZ-

QUOTE (DUAL STAR @ Sep 1 2009, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (-Roach- @ Sep 1 2009, 12:57 AM)

oh ok cool roach
cause how u phrase it... it totally sounded like a dis... i was like wtf

but thanks for the advise... i will take note....
but alot of work have to be done to our crew cars still in trems of paint and body
hopefully next year we can come out with all looking fresh

Thas What We Saying... Every Year You Must Try To Come Out Better Than The Previous Year... thumbup.gif

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.9142 seconds | Archive