InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to MK Trini Events. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ATTENTION!!! Members of the old mktrinievents forum must re-register to use this new board.

Help with Wierd noise from engine, Civic EK3 1.5 non vtec
SmokeyGti
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 03:35 PM

JoKeS FoRuM KING!!!

Group: Member
Member No.: 2,241

I also have this up on tuner but so far no response so..

I replaced some small hoses by Kazim last night (the short ones near the throttlebody/fuelrail)

on taking the car out for a spin, stopped by a parlour to get something, and while the car was idling it started to make a LOUD Rattling Noise in the engine bay.

The Car was in neutral. I immediately shut off the engine and began to check the bay - check the fans to see if they were touching anything - nothing. checked to see if anything was loose - nothing.

Started the car again, same WEIRD LOUD noise. - Fan was not spinning, noise did not seem to be coming from fan, but maybe near the distributor area.

Called Kazim to tell him we passing back - As I put the car in reverse, noise stopped Sad

We went back, checked all the hoses, checked back the fan, - it works properly, left the car idling a while, revved the engine a bit, put it in gear, neutral, park, reverse - no noise. Went back to the spot where it happened and checked to see if something fell out - nothing on the road.

No other symptoms since last night, car worked well on the way home last night, and on the way to work this morning.

I have a sample clip - phone video i took that has the sound on it. take a listen and see if you guys could make out what the sound was:

http://www.zshare.net/download/572827432beceb19/

the file is in mp4 format and the clip is very short - you will hear the car start and the weird rattling noise for a couple of seconds. (ran out of memory)
Even though i not hearing it again, i still wanna know what that might have been.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

33Hz in allyuh pweffn..
CaSpEr
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 03:41 PM

D' GhOsT AdMiN

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2,210

u checked to see if ure pully's getting slack???that may cause that noise u know

--------------------
ize ah DiSrUpTiVe CrEePeR always on d AsCeNsIoN....

big up tuh all meh home boyz and dem dat holding it down...CREEPERS 4 LIFE!!!
SmokeyGti
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 05:54 PM

JoKeS FoRuM KING!!!

actually i didn't,
i have to do that.
but to me, the sound coming from the disrtibutor side (where the tranny is) and not the side with the belts.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

33Hz in allyuh pweffn..
CaSpEr
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 06:02 PM

D' GhOsT AdMiN

QUOTE (SmokeyGti @ Mar 19 2009, 05:54 PM)
actually i didn't,
i have to do that.
but to me, the sound coming from the disrtibutor side (where the tranny is) and not the side with the belts.

hoss...it does sound like it comming from everwhere....u does cant really pin point a particular place that its comming from unless u have one of those earplug things with the rod that they use to hear where noise comming from....

check it when u have time...i have a feeling it may just be that self

--------------------

DJ Q
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 05:45 PM

ReMiXeR!!!

Member No.: 1,871

That sounds like something rattling in the starter. That happened to me a few years ago. Jack up the car and drop the starter and see if anything broke.

--------------------
Check me for almost anything! Click here!!

Check out my website!!
CnK Ltd - Click Here
SmokeyGti
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 07:52 AM

JoKeS FoRuM KING!!!

hmm...passing back by mech soon, i taking down all these points.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

33Hz in allyuh pweffn..
CaSpEr
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 10:17 AM

D' GhOsT AdMiN

QUOTE (SmokeyGti @ Mar 26 2009, 07:52 AM)
hmm...passing back by mech soon, i taking down all these points.

make sure and let us know what it was

--------------------

SmokeyGti
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 02:56 PM

JoKeS FoRuM KING!!!

cool. it never happen since though...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

33Hz in allyuh pweffn..
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2434 seconds | Archive