Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to MK Trini Events. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ATTENTION!!! Members of the old mktrinievents forum must re-register to use this new board.

Power
Racegod
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 01:46 PM

fast driver....vroooooooooommm

Group: Member
Member No.: 1,926

So i've got some upgrading to do and i'm not wondering what is the best way to go about upgrading my power to suite my needs...

so my bass amp is 120A, my mids amp is 70A, cross over 3A, i'll be adding another mids amp of 80A...

Grand total of 273A approx 275A...

I've got mih stock alt and relatively new stock battery...

So i was thinking along the lines of bat cap but now i'm thinking for most effective power supply... something like a

Powermaster D1200 $1700 1200CA MAX 44 AH C/20

or

Kinetik HC 600 (Kinetik) - Price unknown...

and adding a capacitor as well... my question is, is the capacitor needed? and would i need to upgrade my alt to a higher powered one to be able to quickly replenish the systems power... mind you i won't be using this system for daily use just crowd pleaser and the occasional car show... oh and would i need to put a master fuse after this battery as well?

--------------------
user posted image

Creepers : Racegod
user posted image
casper
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 02:01 PM

Unregistered

i never used a cap so honestly u wont really really need one...a good battery is a necessity so go with that
Racegod
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 02:03 PM

QUOTE (casper @ Jan 14 2009, 03:01 PM)
i never used a cap so honestly u wont really really need one...a good battery is a necessity so go with that

would i then need to change my alt though?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
casper
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 02:19 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Racegod @ Jan 14 2009, 02:03 PM)
would i then need to change my alt though?

nah....ure system is small draw still....u dont HAVE to go through all that hassle to upgrade alt etc....half of ure TOTAL current draw is from ure mids amp/s....so u wont get much of a voltage dip with the next half being from ur bass amp...now if ur bass amp was drawing 275amps then THATS a diff story....

u understand where i comming from racegod?
Racegod
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 02:22 PM

QUOTE (casper @ Jan 14 2009, 03:19 PM)
nah....ure system is small draw still....u dont HAVE to go through all that hassle to upgrade alt etc....half of ure TOTAL current draw is from ure mids amp/s....so u wont get much of a voltage dip with the next half being from ur bass amp...now if ur bass amp was drawing 275amps then THATS a diff story....

u understand where i comming from racegod?

yup... the max current draw at any particular time would come from the bassline...

but this is good for mih pocket biggrin.gif ...

i'll check devon about the battery, i've got wires and stuff already...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
riad
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 05:32 PM

D' AuDiO TeCh MoD

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,994

2 deep cycle batteries

casper my system pulls 220+ Amps and i have a 120A alt and i still have the instances where i drop to 12.1 and 12.2V

for racegods system i would recommend
a Stinger SPV44 upfront and a SPV70 in the back
this would give u around 115AH of battery storage

--------------------
Extreme Audio & Performance
Exclusive Authorised Distributors for Cerwin Vega Mobile
738-8547/718-0558
Racegod
Posted: Jan 16 2009, 06:10 PM

i doing de same ting you did btw.. double run of 4awg blue wave audio wires though...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1896 seconds | Archive