hinckleyunited independent unofficial message board

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Hinckley Independent. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Links to other message boards and other football websites are in the drop down menus below.

Ironic...
HistonFan01
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:00 PM

zeke rowe

Group: Member
Member No.: 757

My username is a good indication of who I support...
A few weeks ago you beat us 3-2 and decided to chant "GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN". Now I don't normally have any gripes with many teams (Save Kings Lynn) but this really got on my nerves. So consider this a me rubbing your impending relegation in your face. Had your fans not been quite so callous I wouldn't be doing this, having been relegated from the BSP last year I feel for any teams that face the drop. A horrible feeling. But for you I'm hoping that it's a cold and harsh lesson learnt... you were so poor at ours and a miracle that you got anything, and the chant just took the biscuit.
The irony is quite brilliant, thankyou for making my evening (I have a sad and lonely life... I don't normally sign up to any messageboards, but for you I've made a shining exception)
russ
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:15 PM

morton titterton

Group: MemberAFC
Member No.: 13

I cannot remember anyone singing going down going down at all.

I admit giving your dirty bastard of a number five some stick.

Now f**k off and carry on potato picking you yokel angry.gif

--------------------
Does anyone know if its still on.
Rocket Ron
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:16 PM

morton titterton

Member No.: 15

We took you apart in the second half at your place and you should have been down to 9 men with the thuggery tactics. If you wanted to see us playing poorly you should have been there today.

And by the way, we aren't down yet. Maybe we can get on your nerves again next season.

--------------------
YEP, STILL RED & BLUE, with a touch of Violet.
Simon
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:38 PM

stuart storer

Member No.: 30

I can't remember anyone singing 'going down' at Histon,or anywhere else for that matter.Utter rubbish.Utter knackers.
I can recall having nothing but positive feelings toward Histon but sadly they evaporated in the second half of the game in question when your side attempted to kick us off the pitch-it culminated in your number 4 putting his elbow into Lloyd Kerry,felling him inside the area,cutting his head and leaving him needing a head bandage.The ref missed it but we didn't and sadly your player/manager,rather than show any concern,saw fit to hold an impromptu team meeting on the edge of the centre circle.
I think you're suffering from false memory syndrome and as the game was filmed,surely there's audio evidence to support your claim?

--------------------
Paradise stands in the shadow of swords.

HistonFan01
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:05 PM

zeke rowe

I'll answer you points in bullet point form:

-Regarding taking us apart
You used your physical presence to score from 3 set-pieces. I won't complain at this at all, having been a supporter for the last 14 years I've seen John Beck's influence over the club for more than half of that... whilst it isn't necesserily pretty it gets results. Quite simply you took advantage of our weakesses (lack of aggression, height and a cr@p keeper)

-Chanting going down
This I will not inch upon. You did when you went 3 up. (EDIT: 3 up?! You can tell it's been a long day, scored your third!)

-Regarding our number 4 elbowing your player, and our dirty number 5
Neither Grant nor Remi are violent players, they will have been accidental.

-Regarding our timewasting
It's infuriating, the last few games we have been appaling with it. I've hated to see it and I think that it is our manager and assistant really telling our players to do it, who again are a good bunch. The fact they're young I think they're taking what they're being told to do and exaggerating it some more, if I could apoligse for the way we've used "thuggery tactics" inc. timewasting and other more foul-based tactics and that would fix it I genuinly would. Whilst I wouldn't call us "dirty", there are some aspects that are... which leads me onto...

-Our manager and his assistant
Livermore has done some truly terrible things on the pitch this season, and has not led by example. As for his assistant Brian Page, he does some strange things on the touchline, such as taking his time over getting a new ball out when we're winning. Again, if apologising could make it better and fix it, I would. Alas I can only do so and it be superficial. But I've not enjoyed that aspect at all.

-Regarding overall comments and my post
You have been the worst side I've seen play up here bar Eastwood. That said, I would have called Stalybridge the third worst and look where they are. For chanting "going down" you did so, and that'll stick long in my memory.
If you stay up (a big ask, but achievable) I will come on here and issue a full apology and mean it SINCERELY. My purpose on here was to highlight the fact that it's funny how your fans jumped the gun somewhat and decided we were relegation material and now you're staring it in the face. If you survive then I will be nothing more than a hypocrite if I do not apologise for even making this in the first place. Like I say, if me apologising could fix the "thuggery tactics" and timewasting that has been seen this season I would do so. Alas it is all just superficial words, but I do offer them. "I'm sorry". There. Said. Just know that none of the boys out there are overly aggressive either on or off the pitch, it's well and truly touchline influences (and occasionally just inexperience and naivety).

-Regarding my potatoes
Soil pH is too low for me to grow potatoes. I get excellent carrots though, and my cousin (who married my half brother) occasionally gets strawberries in the summer!

The fact that the three individuals have replied with relative curtiousness in reply to what is, essentially, a pretty hateful thread out of the blue fills me with some hope. Just no this is directed at a gripe that has been harbouring for a couple of weeks and not at you individuals specifically. We'll see where you are this time next week; who knows, I may even be very embarassingly writing an apology message!

This post has been edited by HistonFan01 on Apr 21 2012, 08:07 PM
HUFC Bally
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:39 PM

paul hunter

Member No.: 677

QUOTE (HistonFan01 @ Apr 21 2012, 08:05 PM)
The fact that the three individuals have replied with relative curtiousness in reply to what is, essentially, a pretty hateful thread out of the blue fills me with some hope. Just no this is directed at a gripe that has been harbouring for a couple of weeks and not at you individuals specifically. We'll see where you are this time next week; who knows, I may even be very embarassingly writing an apology message!

I will be keeping the faith with my football club next week like you would do?

I hope you WILL apologise to us all once we secure our survival in Manchester?

biggrin.gif
Simon
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:30 PM

stuart storer

So your number 5 isn't violent (just as your number 4 isn't) but yet after an awful tackle on Mark Dudley on the right hand touchline in which he conceded a free kick and received a yellow card just thirty seconds later he grabbed Richard Lavery from behind,in the penalty area,and headbutted him.Yeah,quite a nice lad indeed.
You say both were 'accidental' but then attempt to apologise for 'thuggery tactics'.Now that's ironic.

--------------------

HistonFan01
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:40 PM

zeke rowe

Richard Lavery? Would that have been your number 4?
It's very interesting isn't it, how two people can see the same incident and think completely different things. I thought the exact opposite, that he recoiled and hit our player in the head with the back of his.
If that isn't right then I apologise, I just remember playing someone up here who had a defensive midfielder #4 who was a classic at his job, quite dirty, very aggressive and breaking up play fantastically.

By thuggery tactics I mean timewasting primarily, and then some choice actions from our manager and assistant. Sorry for not making that clear

HUFC Bally, I will be on here as soon as I can on that Saturday if you manage it!
Simon
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:16 PM

stuart storer

How on earth could timewasting be perceived as thuggery?Negative,yes.Thuggish,no.
Your number 5 had hold of Laverys collar,pulled him back and butted him.
But seeing as you've signed up just to rub our impending relegation in our faces,is there any chance take you could take your 'possible apology' and possibly shove it up your arse?
Right up until it touches your larynx,if at all possible.

--------------------

rodderschild
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:54 PM

morton titterton

Member No.: 375

Must admit after a good singsong at Histon and a great comeback I never heard any chants of going down from any Hinckley fans..... Jesus we have been in the bottom half most of the season and hardly have bragging rights to any songs of that nature!!! ohmy.gif
ref64
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:21 AM

dave sadler

Member No.: 467

I was also at this game and my memory of this game was how dirty HISTON were . Seconds after receiving a yellow No 5 than proceeded to head butt Lavs , and yes knowing Lavs I guarantee he was also dishing it out. But to Lavs credit he did not roll around on the ground like a big girls blouse + get your player a certain Red card and a 3 match ban for violet conduct which may well prove to be crucial in your Season
As for chanting going down I think you need to get yourself a new "hearing Aid" as said we Hinckley fans are in no position to take the piss
And as for registering just to have a Go at another sides misfortune I would be very careful because the rumours I hear is your side may well not survive to fight next season in the Conference North .
Now that would be Ironic
ps460
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:26 PM

paul hunter

Member No.: 445

I was with the Hinckley fans and can state that nobody sang anything derogatory regarding Histon. No matter, but poor post on your part sir. Knitters fans are very friendly and do enjoy good banter.
Danny51
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:36 AM

paul hunter

Member No.: 435

Histonfan01 what a c*ck head you are.....
hfc2004
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 06:52 PM

zeke rowe

Group: Banned
Member No.: 764

QUOTE (Danny51 @ Apr 24 2012, 08:36 AM)

Unlucky lads, maybe that teaches you not to sing when you're winning? And only when the fat lady sings. I do feel sorry for the majority of your fans, I never laugh at teams who are relegated as I know what it feels like having seen us relegated from the BSP last season.

But your fans look like absolute mugs now for chanting that at our place. Who had the last laugh? laugh.gif

Enjoy Northern Prem football next year boys and girls.
Rocket Ron
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:06 PM

morton titterton

QUOTE (hfc2004 @ Apr 28 2012, 06:52 PM)

Unlucky lads, maybe that teaches you not to sing when you're winning? And only when the fat lady sings. I do feel sorry for the majority of your fans, I never laugh at teams who are relegated as I know what it feels like having seen us relegated from the BSP last season.

But your fans look like absolute mugs now for chanting that at our place. Who had the last laugh? laugh.gif

Who knows, it might be you we beat in the close season AGM Cup. The fat lady's only warming up in her dressing room at the moment.

And what a ridiculous post, "i never laugh at teams being relegated", then having the last laugh?... Nob.

I for one knew we were doomed after last week and the league table rarely lies. We werent good enough, but remember well we massacred you in the 2nd half despite your "tactics", so that makes you pretty sh*t too.

And you did only sing when you were winning, so that was factually correct.

--------------------
hfc2004
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:14 PM

zeke rowe

Group: Banned
Member No.: 764

QUOTE (Rocket Ron @ Apr 28 2012, 07:06 PM)

Who knows, it might be you we beat in the close season AGM Cup. The fat lady's only warming up in her dressing room at the moment.

And what a ridiculous post, "i never laugh at teams being relegated", then having the last laugh?... Nob.

I for one knew we were doomed after last week and the league table rarely lies. We werent good enough, but remember well we massacred you in the 2nd half despite your "tactics", so that makes you pretty sh*t too.

Pahaha how on earth can you call us sh!t? You lost to f**king Blyth at home! Ahahaha. Yes so did we, but first game of the season and they hadn't sold any of their players at that point, which they did in January. Don't have too much fun away at Kendal town next year in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League lads. tongue.gif
wyksie
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:20 PM

dave sadler

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (hfc2004 @ Apr 28 2012, 07:14 PM)

Pahaha how on earth can you call us sh!t? You lost to f**king Blyth at home! Ahahaha. Yes so did we, but first game of the season and they hadn't sold any of their players at that point, which they did in January. Don't have too much fun away at Barwell next year in the Evo-Stik Southern League lads. tongue.gif

Corrected that for you, and you never know AGM Cup still to happen !

This post has been edited by wyksie on Apr 28 2012, 07:20 PM
Rocket Ron
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:21 PM

morton titterton

QUOTE (hfc2004 @ Apr 28 2012, 07:14 PM)

Pahaha how on earth can you call us sh!t? You lost to f**king Blyth at home! Ahahaha. Yes so did we, but first game of the season and they hadn't sold any of their players at that point, which they did in January. Don't have too much fun away at Kendal town next year in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League lads. tongue.gif

Read the post, dickhead. I said we weren`t good enough. Losing to Blyth last week did consign us.

And you lost 2-3 to us at home, so if we`re sh*t, even you must be able to work it out.....

Finally, for I am now bored, yes, whatever happens we will enjoy next season (apart from Redditch away, cos we`ll be in Southern, not Northern).

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2054 seconds | Archive