Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Gundam 00 Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Gundam 00 Special Edition
HomelessGal
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 12:44 AM

General

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Condensed 3-volume compilation with some new scenes, re-recorded dialogue

Bandai Visual will release the first of three Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition video volumes on October 27. Like the Japanese Special Editions of other Gundam and Sunrise anime series, these volumes will condense the first 25-episode season of Gundam 00 into feature-length videos. They will feature some new animated sequences and some partially re-recorded dialogue.

The first 90-minute volume, "Celestial Being," will ship in Japan on DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and the Sony PSP's UMD-Video format. The second volume ("End of World") and third volume ("Return of World") will ship on December 22, 2009 and February 23, 2010, respectively. The first pressings will feature special sleeves, audio commentary tracks, and special booklets.

Despite the similar names, Bandai Visual's Special Edition is unrelated to the special editions that Bandai Entertainment produced for its North American DVD releases. It is also separate from next year's Mobile Suit Gundam 00 theatrical film plans.

Source: AV Watch, animeanime.jp
Hobbes
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 05:34 AM

First Lieutenant

Member No.: 14

Pretty epic news.

I'm dazzled to see them condense a single season, rather than go the whole hog and cover the entire series with these movies. Less material to cover + three movies to tell the story in = a very intrigued and excited Hobbes. It's an excellent way to build to the movie next year, and I can't wait to see what's new.
HellCat Gundam
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 07:08 AM

Major General

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 63

I wonder if these will retcon anything. 00 was pretty tight, so I don't see any reason to.
Melfice
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 09:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 92

Perhaps the new scenes are less of a retcon and more of a expansion on murky plot points, maybe for instance making Andrei less of a tool.
wavehawk
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 10:33 AM

Colonel

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (HellCat Gundam @ Jul 11 2009, 01:08 PM)
I wonder if these will retcon anything.

IF they do retcon anything, some Bandai employees will find their posterior regreened by wild cauliflowers and cucumbers. No, I was perfectly happy with the TV series, the last time we saw 5-6 versions created primarily to retcon a badly broken story was Seed Destiny. And let's face it, 00 is NOT Seed Destiny.
HomelessGal
Posted: Sep 9 2009, 01:12 PM

General

http://www.imagebeast.net/images/zogu21q8oxjs6122vpt.jpg

Just as an update (Since its been awhile); contrary to ANN's original report, it appears that the entirety of S1 is to be crammed into SE1 and then S2 gets the remaining two movies.
calubin_175
Posted: Sep 9 2009, 03:28 PM

Major

Member No.: 106

IF they do retcon anything, some Bandai employees will find their posterior regreened by wild cauliflowers and cucumbers. No, I was perfectly happy with the TV series, the last time we saw 5-6 versions created primarily to retcon a badly broken story was Seed Destiny. And let's face it, 00 is NOT Seed Destiny.

I actually hope that they'll retcon something in S2, less hax with the 3 supporting Super Robots. Less Aheads dying. More struggle with the GNZs even after they got their new weapons.

Not sure if they'll consider any of the substituted scenes in S1 Special canon which will retcon anything or not. All in all, the additional scenes should be complementary to the TV series.

In the MSG Trilogy, does the TV series complement it or not? I am talkiing about missing scenerios such as striking Gadem's supply ship or rescuing Matilda Ajane from the Goufs as well as Amuro piloting the Guntank. I have a gut feeling that the S1 special will cut down episode 3-5, 8 and shorten the Azadistan arc . They'll probably show more of Allelujah around the events in ep 15-20.
Majin Tenshi
Posted: Sep 9 2009, 06:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 129

More coherence and a single inarguable canon is preferable of course. There is a lot they can do with the fights at least that can be argued as "the camera was looking the other way in the series."

I'm hoping there'll be more Arios and Archer shining. The other pilots all got moments of awesome in their suits, but it seemed like they were too busy playing with Marie to make Arios neat.

I understand there were a few things they changed their minds on between the seasons, so I wouldn't mind if those got ironed out.
HomelessGal
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 11:30 AM

General

Very brief look at new stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBKnwqMoOM
HellCat Gundam
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 02:28 PM

Major General

So does this mean the Innovado were all active in season one?

Corner: "Ribbons, a word....why are there strangers freeloading in my house?" Ribbons: "Whatever do you mean, sir?"
*Regene walks past, sipping coffee and wearing a monogramed A.C. bathrobe* 'Yo, Ribbons! Hey, old man!"
Ribbons: "...Ah"
HomelessGal
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 02:50 PM

General

Regene apparently was, as he appears to have been intended as a Meister (Back when the plan was for the Meisters to all be Innovado), but I get the impression that the rest of the Skittle Squad came later on.
Bazookafied
Posted: Sep 14 2009, 08:55 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This looks to be fun. I'm hoping the twists in the SE prove to be enjoyable and not like a rewriting like the Manga Serialization has turned out to be.
HomelessGal
Posted: Oct 28 2009, 02:21 PM

General

Nicovideo, but a peek at some of the new animated scenes:
Moralia
Allelujah/Hallelujah

Nothing terribly impressive so far. I assume they were trying to make Exia and Dynames look cooler in the former, but its the Hellions that benefit more from the new scenes. The latter has a far more dramatic transformation scene for Kyrios at Ceylon, but I think it loses the style and simplicity of the original "disappear from view behind the tree line" transformation.

EDIT: Moralia scenes, on YT
HellCat Gundam
Posted: Oct 28 2009, 04:02 PM

Major General

The Moralia one is on YouTube. I think they did a brilliant job on both sides. The Gundams come off as cool (I almost want to buy yet another 1/144 Exia and Dynames tongue.gif ) but I agree the Helions also come off great. They show clear talent and skill which is so much better than the standard "OMG A Gundam, ABANDON TACTICS AND FIRE WILDLY!!1". You can't get excitement and suspense if the opponents are useless.
Bazookafied
Posted: Oct 29 2009, 09:20 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

We also finally get to see those missiles by the Hellions used too! An excellent set of scenes, perfect for my sweet tooth for battle scenes on Earth!
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0368 seconds · Archive