Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Costuming Dot Org. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

COSTUMING.ORG FORUMS

**we're under construction, please bear with us**

ABOUT
(about costuming.org)

RULES - please read
(READ them first before posting)

EMAIL VALIDATION REACTIVATED!
We returned the forums to email validation but if spambots return, we will reactivate Admin Validation

Dress style. Need advice.
CoolBowtie
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 11:07 AM

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

I'm planning to make a dress, but I'm not quite sure what style to use. I know certain things that I want, but don't really know how to go about it. Hoping someone here could help me out.

I'm looking for a dress type that would fit the following specifications:

I want to have two layers of skirt and have the top skirt open up in the front, like the dress that Giselle wears in "Enchanted."
Reference picture here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v5_cnBuP7Iw/S7BB...nted-poster.jpg

I would love it if, when simply standing normally, the top skirt would fall mostly closed, but the bottom skirt would peek out a bit. Or possibly not peek out at all, so that it is not obvious that there is another skirt under the top one. Not sure what I want to go with yet for that.
Then, I would like to be able to showcase the bottom skirt by having a way to pull the top skirt back (so it still looks pretty). Is there some way to gather it or something?

Yeah, so that's the basics. Any suggestions?
Also, having the name of the style of dress suggested would help, since it is easier to search for something when you know what it is called.

Thanks!
« Next Oldest | general costume discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3293 seconds | Archive