Greetings all Members of the Fibre Fantasy Artists of Canada!
The time is upon us to finalize the details of our chapter, and send our letter petitioning for membership as an official chapter of the International Costumers Guild.
We must elect our officers and pass all relevant information along to the President of the ICG before the meeting which will be held at Costume Con this coming May 2006.
We have now met most of the requirements to petition.
We desperately need to elect a board of Officers for our chapter. The positions we currently need to fill are
- Be a member of the ICG Board of Directors and will recive all ICG mailings.
- Keep the Chapter Members informed of happenings, opportunities and changes within the ICG
- Spearhead filling vacant positions on the chapter's board.
- Attend and chair all board and chapter meetings.
- Set chapter dues based on need and chapter consensus.
- Assist President in keeping members informed
- Assist President in filling vacant positions on the chapter's board.
- Attend all board and chapter meetings. In the event the chapter president cannot attend a meeting or function, you would step in and take charge
- Record minutes at official meetings.
- Keep accurate records of membership including activation and expiry dates of individuals membership.
- By the seventh of each month, send an updated membership list to the ICG Treasurer. This should include any name or address changes and any new members since the last update, plus payments for any new or renewing members. Include any changes in membership status
- To alert members whose memberships are due to expire.
- Accounting of Fibre Fantasy Artist funds.
- Working with the Secretary to ensure that the member list and membership payments are sent the the ICG treasrer when requrired.
We are currently looking for nominations for these positions. Please feel free to nominate yourself, (volunteer). We will forward the names of all members nominated to the general (paid) membership of the Fibre Fantasy Artists by April 30th for consideration.
Below for your information, you will find the names of all the currently paid and considered active members of the Fibre Fantasy Artists of Canada.
The last step in tendering our proposal for membership is to send a letter of petition to the current ICG Board of Directors. We cannot do this until we have our working list of officers for this year. I have contacted Nora Mai the ICG President and she is expecting our petition.
Our initial goal of forming a Canadian Chapter of the International Costumers Guild is so close at hand. :) I hope many of you are excited as I am, and I look forward to hearing back from you in regards to this last big step in the process.
Paid Members of the Fibre Fantasy Artists: