Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )

19th Kreig Regiment, I'm back
Anarnaxe
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:51 PM

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,263

I'd go with something that would mark the Commissar as being a part of the regiment, but also outside of it as well. So maybe a similar colour to the overcoat, but have a contrasting colour underneath it, I can't imagine most frontline commissars will forgo camouflage like that.

--------------------
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
Mechanicore
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 11:47 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 212

Well I actually just referenced the book and it says the uniform must be black. But since I'm trying to not use black any more. What shade of brown would look best?

--------------------
user posted image
Anarnaxe
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 03:30 AM

Group Icon

Go with whatever you like or what feels right. He might have a compromise with the regiment, to wear the dress uniform of the Commissariat under the great coat the regiment is using. Has two benefits, 1. the regiment will "relax" around him (its 3:30, wordy-maker not working) and 2. he isn't going to get a frag grenade for a bunk mate because the black is sticking out in no-mans-land.

--------------------
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
LOMAXXDURANG
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 09:39 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,341

Actually Mech since the krieg are very do your duty types they will not have a problem no matter what uniform the commissar is wearing. The commissars do try to blend into the unit though. There is a krieg black library novel that goes in depth into this specific question. If you haven't read it you should, if you have just use it for reference material.

--------------------
Mechanicore
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 01:40 AM

Group Icon

I was referencing the first seige of varaks book. But I want it dark just not legit black paint that way my ink wash has something to shade.

--------------------
user posted image
Mechanicore
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:27 PM

Group Icon

So I finished the crew for the Thudd gun.

user posted image

user posted image

And I'm pleased with how the Commisar came out. I used less colors than I did on my senior officer and I like how it turned out. And I ended up doing his coat in Charred Earth with a drop of black.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Lord Balok
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 02:06 AM

Member No.: 5,810

That leather greatcoat is amazing! How did you do that, same as the rest; base color, future and a spot of ink?

--------------------
Mechanicore
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 02:38 PM

Group Icon

Nothing special. same thing as always. I could have put more effort into him but I wasn't in an experimenting mood. Its almost to dark to even see the shadows.

--------------------
user posted image
Mechanicore
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 11:47 PM

Group Icon

So I've been staring at this picture and my model box for weeks now. I want to make the junior officer of my advancing platoon in this pose but I can't figure out the best arms to us to achieve the right result. Any ideas?

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Anarnaxe
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 12:20 AM

Group Icon

My suggestion, if you have them, the laspistol and sabre arm from the Baneblade boxed set. Cut the sabre and the hand off, replace it with a pointing hand from the Cadian heavy weapon sprue.

If you don't have that, there is also the arms from the Imperial Vehicle Sprue. You'd have to get rid of the epaulettes from the arms though.

--------------------
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 02:41 AM

Group Icon

Those would probably work but I'd prefer to stick with krieg arms. I've seen some conversions that used cadian arms and they did not look appealing. It might work for a line trooper but not a officer that will be getting lots of attention.

--------------------
user posted image
T.C.
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:30 PM

Member No.: 4,133

What about the command squad upgrade set and a bit of greenstuffing?

--------------------
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him T.C.
Providing it's with dignity.
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:53 AM

Group Icon

I had thought about it but that pistol arm is supposed to aim straight out. Do you think it would look silly going up?

--------------------
user posted image
T.C.
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:30 PM

Member No.: 4,133

I think it depends on your sculpting skills really, to be able to realistically fill the gaps left when you reposition it.

The only way you'll know is if you try it out with the actual thing in front of you though, and 9.50 is a lot for just an experiment..

--------------------
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him T.C.
Providing it's with dignity.
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:53 PM

Group Icon

So I finished off the advancing squad.

user posted image

Added a stormtrooper.

user posted image

And I think I figured out the best replacement color for my Khaki dilemma. Vallejos Panzer Aces Light Mud is a very very close match to the color I have been using for the uniforms.

And Vallejo has some amazing customer service. I couldn't believe how fast they were. And how un automated they were. Huge plus. As long as they are around I'll never buy paint from anyone else.

--------------------
user posted image
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 03:47 PM

Group Icon

So I finally got the courage to work on a Heavy Bolter. figured I'd show how it looks before I finish it.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
lordbeefy
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:52 PM

Member No.: 143

beautiful take on the heavy bolter and maxim/vickers styling....now finish it and give us three more!
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 10:36 PM

Group Icon

I don't know about three more. even though I have 4 total I only plan to make 2 more. But here it is painted. And I am very pleased with how it turned out.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And now there are three.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
lordbeefy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 08:30 AM

Hmmm, yes, meant three in total, LOL. Anyway, its beautiful all finished. I was looking at the krieg heavy weapons for my cadians, will just ebay the krieg gunners. How well do the kits go together?
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 12:15 PM

Group Icon

They go together perfectly.

If you really want to order some I'll give you top dollar for the crew members. All my teams came with the wrong figures. I had to steal the kneeling guy from a shooting squad and make the loader running in cause I didn't have any more prone guys.

--------------------
user posted image
lordbeefy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Mechanicore @ Apr 25 2012, 12:15 PM)
They go together perfectly.

If you really want to order some I'll give you top dollar for the crew members. All my teams came with the wrong figures. I had to steal the kneeling guy from a shooting squad and make the loader running in cause I didn't have any more prone guys.

Cool. My 40th next month so hopefully the wife has picked up on my not so subtle hints. Fingers crossed ;-)
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:31 AM

Member No.: 1,026

That HB team is truly splendid! Great looking conversion and paint job! The new crew members taken from other squads do fit their new role perfectly I think. Of course if all the HB teams had wrong models you should ask for compensation/replacements from the FW.

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

my sale/trade post (Baneblade, SM, RT era stuff):
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=13493
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:32 PM

Group Icon

So I'm hoping to do my standard bearers next. And since my army has the ww1 feel I'm trying to base the company flag on the old imperial german flag

user posted image

So I made a tempate of the flag model and made three options to see which one you guys like best.

user posted image

A
user posted image

B
user posted image

C
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 07:05 AM

Member No.: 1,026

Option A for me. I like the yellow and black, dunno if the red should be on rest of three white sections though. Or leave all four of them white and replace shield colour to red?

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

my sale/trade post (Baneblade, SM, RT era stuff):
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=13493
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:00 PM

Group Icon

user posted image

Change two.

Ok well I like the red in the upper left corner to represent the inset red, white, black stripes of the original. And I don't want to do any free hand so I'll just fill the whole field. I like the red shield Idea since thats the collar color. I kind of don't like the yellow stripes since yellow really isn't on the original. So I'll probably start with this and see how it looks.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (8) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0884 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com