Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

M107/110 Spg, Indirect Fire Bascilisk
Lt. Walke
Posted: May 21 2005, 07:01 PM

'Zipperhead'

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

This is the link to my Artillery section

The M107 is nearing completion and is the open topped on the M109 is the armageddon pattern basilsk

Mobile artillery and the like

M56 scorpian is the half built Salamander scout car.

--------------------
user posted image
GreyDeath
Posted: May 22 2005, 12:31 AM

Creator Of W.I.P.

Member No.: 1

Looking really cool.

You have a nitch for military stuff.
Did you used to do scale military models befroe 40k ones?

Oh and I want to see the little scorpion done.... biggrin.gif Love little tanks.

--------------------
user posted image

Lt. Walke
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 09:22 PM

'Zipperhead'

Oh my god I missed your reply GD i thought no one was interested in the vehicles. Ooops. As to your above query Yes I used to build Army stuff Mostly Aircraft (Hueys and Hercules being my favorite model aircraft) almost all in the 1/72th scale. Then I went on a Star Wars building and converting blitz. I used to alter the snap fit X-Wing to be more accurate by filling in the holes and turing the Lasers to there proper angles and the like. I should go find the Millenium Falcon I built Only got half done as I was trying to add the additional landing gear as seen in movies 5 and 6. I had something like over 40 pictures post cards and whatnot for the detailed painting and battle damage details. The top half was actually complete. I think that I gave it to my brother in law. Half to go check his old bedroom at me mother in laws sometime to see if it is still around.

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
GreyDeath
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 06:08 PM

Creator Of W.I.P.

just checking back in on your work?
You had said you where almost done with your artillary.
But with your Hard Case and the contest your probable no farther along right?

And hows the idea of the scorpion coming along?
You have seen my mini tanks all based off the idea of the scorpion lite tank.

Well just checking back on your little tank?

--------------------
user posted image

Lt. Walke
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 06:16 PM

'Zipperhead'

Actually I really am unhappy with the Forge world Autocannons and as the Imp guard infantry one is being used to extended my Hvy bolters on the M16 it has just sat there as of late. Also I am still unsure as to whether or not I should make the Track system beefier on the M109 armageddon bascilisk. The problem is I do not know if I can afford the Large road wheels for so many tanks so I am working on a method of making the Small road wheeels more useful doing something along the lines of a Sherman suspension system.

Here is a link to a inspirational photo spread:
Linky

This is my current idea for my artillery, Chimeras, and Possibly even my Retsud. My beef with it is It is not following the historical look.

But sometimes the pocket book dictates the end result.

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
not_themilkybarkid
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 06:45 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

QUOTE (GreyDeath @ Aug 1 2005, 06:08 PM)
And hows the idea of the scorpion coming along?
You have seen my mini tanks all based off the idea of the scorpion lite tank.

I've no seen them. unsure.gif
Lt. Walke
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 07:21 PM

'Zipperhead'

Did you click on the linky in the first post It will take you to the menu in my MSN group picts regarding my Arty.

If that does not work let me know.

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
not_themilkybarkid
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 07:27 PM

Member No.: 72

I meant I hadn't seen GreyDeath's scoutcars.
Lt. Walke
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 07:38 PM

'Zipperhead'

Ahhh ok I understand now. I think he is refering to his marine mini tanks as an FYI.

Lt.

They should be in the marine section.

--------------------
user posted image
Lt. Walke
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 03:51 AM

'Zipperhead'

SHe already did as she was my runt herder (got her ein for free by saying she was there to babysit me) and we went up to Games day in Toronto we spent like 3 hours getting bitz and chatting with forge world staff. Man my wife must really love me thank god. It is the Armageddon pattern Bascilisk but I am going to modify the rear hatch. other than that the FW stuff will be stock.

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
Lt. Walke
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 05:53 AM

'Zipperhead'

Ok in trade for my old version mf the M107/110 I got a new Bascilisk kit. And as usual I do not have enough kits on the go so I started a few more tonight (including the track layout for my M48) So I sat down and began assembling the "proper track Layout for the M107/110 SPG's. The neat thing is these were in service and slowly replacing the older M53 M52 and M54 series guns during the Vietnam conflict.

What I have in the pictures is my new track design that is 5 large road wheels in length. The top photo is that of my original interpretation although a little further along when I traded it the track system never seemed to appeal to me, probably because it reminded me so much of my M113 track layouts. Anyway the M53 is actually based on the M48 chassis (no way I have enough road wheels for that (hence the layout that hints instead of being a duplicate of the real deal) The M107 and M110 are Based on the M113 I do believe but I am going to make the track layout accurate. The second photo is that of the new design laid upon M16 tracked MGMC as it is a Bascilisk chassis. This is really cool as the new design although longer than a chimera hull is actually only as long as the hull + rear plate, not a problem as I will just extend the hull. The third photo is the new layout with the M53 layout showing how much longer it really is.

user posted image

So what do you think?

Lt.

*edit I also finished the other side of tracks so next is the hull.*

--------------------
user posted image
GreyDeath
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 07:20 AM

Creator Of W.I.P.

What a bunch of Junk!......... Ya my guard stuff compared to how good you are with makeing guard vehicles. wink.gif
All those tracks are awesome..
Very cool.

Looking good and cant believe how you knock these things out and come up with more ideas again and again for them.

And one more time kinda slow?
Whats the deal with the road wheels sitting in front of the other ones?
The green ones your self propelled your not going double tracks your going to switch them out for those?

Anyways cool keep them coming...

smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Lt. Walke
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 07:25 AM

'Zipperhead'

No I was just trying to show how long the new design really is so I took out the closest thing to a Bascilisk (My tracked M16 is a basi with minorly modified tracks and different gun layout inside) SO I laid the tracks on top of the MGMC hull to show that they go the whole way to the back not just stop before the deck plate.

Hey with this many IG vehicles under my belt I think that I should be even better at getting things done. And lets be honest here you are the master of the Converted Marine Vehicle, hell your Gun truck inspired a whole new concept within the heads of us treadheads.

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
GreyDeath
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 07:30 AM

Creator Of W.I.P.

Oh now I get it.
Thanks.
And yep there cool.
But how the heck you going to get enough of the large wheels only?
There the hardest to come buy.
Thats 5 sprues right there?
Oh dont let your wife read this..... laugh.gif wink.gif

Oh and about me and my marine jeep even I get lucky sometimes.... happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Lt. Walke
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 07:34 AM

'Zipperhead'

LoL as the M41 and M42 use only 6 sprues of Large but need 8 sprues f the Medium I have a few extra kickin around. That leaves me 4 Large road wheels per M42 or M41.

Lt.

He hits one out the park with an awesome piece that lots of people are copying to some degree and he says he got lucky folks. LoL.

--------------------
user posted image
GreyDeath
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 07:36 AM

Creator Of W.I.P.

I guess that makes since using the large you need less.
Thats true and medium take more and still only get two on a sprue.
So ya that sucks too.

Well cool then this is actually better and looks cool.
Nice one.

Well cool.
I will check back later see ya...

smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Lt. Walke
Posted: Oct 13 2005, 11:49 PM

'Zipperhead'

Well I finally got around to working on my M107/110 again last night and actually got some progress with the hull. I am trimming the inner side plate down to match the actual hull and am extending it to the rear of the gun deck.

here are some inprogress pics
user posted image

As you can see I am still extending the hull on the underside.

any and all comments pls.

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
fitmanb
Posted: Oct 14 2005, 06:06 AM

"Archmagos - Adeptus Plasticus"

Member No.: 106

I really like the new layout - it looks more'capable'. Nice work can't we to see it finished.
Two questions
Are you going to do the big dozer thing on the back as well?
Are you going to mess around with the barrel and go for the short stubby or the long one?

FMB
(And you were right I didn't get any sleep last night - darn it GD!)

--------------------
If this life was all there is then I wouldn't be a Happy Chappy!
My gallery
Wittman
Posted: Oct 14 2005, 07:32 PM

Member No.: 176

damn dude, that's brilliant
dastompinata
Posted: Oct 14 2005, 10:08 PM

Like School on Sunday

Member No.: 43

man i gotta say those tanks are damn impressive (damn imressive), not the kinda thing i work on so its not something i see alot of here, which is why its doubly great to see it

--------------------
God save the Prince!
-last broadcast from the Kentares
lost over New Avalon

Suplicants of Malal (unfinished)
0/0/1

Tank_Bby
Posted: Oct 14 2005, 11:32 PM

Member No.: 114

Hmm, thats gonna be looted for sure biggrin.gif
The idea! Not the tank, jeez wink.gif

--------------------
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Lt. Walke
Posted: Oct 14 2005, 11:46 PM

'Zipperhead'

FMB I am not sure as of yet hence the open numerical designation as the 107 was a long barreled 175mm cannon and the 110 was a 8 inch (203mm) howitzer. Yes I am going to make the rear recoil spade, using technics actually and a modified guard dozer blade. i hope to make it stowable as well.

The chassis was identical though. I hope to have the rest of the hull complete some time the weekend.

Lt.

Time to get back at it again.

Ps. go ahead and loot 'er but be sure to show me the results.

--------------------
user posted image
Lt. Walke
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 08:14 AM

'Zipperhead'

Ok another Progress report on the M107/M110 Spg. I have managed to mount the gun further back alower to the chassis. I have also extended the barrel using the Lemun Russ barrel to provide and muzzle break as well as a bore evacuator.

user posted image

So what do you think?

Lt.

--------------------
user posted image
pyro-manic
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 12:48 PM

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 130

Looking good. smile.gif The bits where the mounting joins the hull need beefing up, but you knew that. wink.gif I love that hull - I may just have to borrow that for my artillery (I want to do a MLRS type thing). The extended gun looks really good as well. Keep us posted!

--------------------
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Codex: Rogue Trader development blog

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILES, GUYS!
Wittman
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 05:00 PM

Member No.: 176

Not quite sure how I feel about the fume extractor part of the battlecannon being on there, I really think it would look better if it just had the BC muzzle brake.

It just looks too heavy on the end of the barrel.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3822 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com