Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Scratch Built Deff Dread, rivits finished
jerseydevil
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:54 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,962

This is the last thing on my short list of Ork models I wanted to build. Started this the other day and this is what I have so far. I still have a few details to add on the upper legs and feet, then I will start on the upper body, and cutting more rivits.

user posted image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfT2JqYi8a8

--------------------
BaleWolf
Posted: May 6 2012, 01:22 AM

Member No.: 1,717

Mother of god! This is off to a great start, I look forward to seeing more completed.

--------------------
Then God said, "Let there be win," and there was win, and it was good.

Everyone complains that all their models look better in real life, mine always look better in the pictures...
Mud
Posted: May 6 2012, 04:08 AM

Member No.: 2,304

Wow great detail and functionality in appearance, certainly have me hooked...

Mud
Coco
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:16 AM

Member No.: 2,253

Wow! looking good! My only suggestion is maybe the feet nee to be a bit larger? You said you are going to work on them thought maybe you are already planning on that?
Klaus, not Santa
Posted: May 6 2012, 02:29 PM

Proud Member of W.I.P.

Member No.: 1,680

Grrrreat Start!
Looks very promising and I can't wait to see more.
I'm a tad concerned, that the postition of the legs will force to a ratehr static pose, but I'll let you surprise me smile.gif
Good luck!

--------------------
user posted image
Caiin
Posted: May 6 2012, 06:14 PM

Member No.: 925

QUOTE (Klaus @ not Santa,May 6 2012, 04:29 PM)
I'm a tad concerned, that the postition of the legs will force to a ratehr static pose, but I'll let you surprise me smile.gif

Could be a nice pose to present a roaring machine that is opening his claws and intimidating his opponent.

--------------------
Rivets rule!
Klaus, not Santa
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:42 PM

Proud Member of W.I.P.

QUOTE (Caiin @ May 6 2012, 07:14 PM)
Could be a nice pose to present a roaring machine that is opening his claws and intimidating his opponent.

Agreed smile.gif
that would really make a nice pose and build.

--------------------
user posted image
jerseydevil
Posted: May 7 2012, 03:29 AM

I will look for the sketch I did for this model. it does not have a lot of detail on it as I like to do that as I am building, but it has the general idea of what I want the pose to look like. And he is not twitling his thumbs for sure.

--------------------
jerseydevil
Posted: May 9 2012, 02:16 AM

Got some work done on one foot. Added some spikes and claws. Figured the claws could be used as weapons as well as give him some support.

user posted image

--------------------
Caiin
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:16 AM

Really looks promising!

--------------------
Rivets rule!
Klaus, not Santa
Posted: May 9 2012, 08:13 AM

Proud Member of W.I.P.

Nice claws!
And it makes the feet look bigger too - great.
I really look forward to your updates.
Cheers
Klaus

--------------------
user posted image
jerseydevil
Posted: May 10 2012, 02:05 PM

Small update. Got the second foot finished, added some more details to the knees and started on the lower torso. I keep finding little things to add to the legs but I will have to stop and get working on the rest of this model before I burn myself out on it. Next I hope to get the main structure for the torso built so I can start working on the arms.
user posted image

--------------------
Coco
Posted: May 11 2012, 04:12 AM

Very nice i like what you have done!
jerseydevil
Posted: May 11 2012, 06:56 AM

Thanks everyone. Got some more work done today, built the toso but I think it may be a little too big so I might have to scale it down a little. I was starting on making a skull face for the front but it started to look too much like the GW version. I thought about it for a bit and decided to make a robotic version of an Ork skull. So after a couple of hours I got it built and it looks great. I will tac it to the torso and take some pics tomorrow and see if I need the torso smaller, too tired right now to do any more.

--------------------
jerseydevil
Posted: May 11 2012, 02:40 PM

Here are the pictures of the head and torso. I added the steel jaw to the head this morning, just need to add some teeth. The torso needs to be redone, I like the height, but the width and depth are too large. I think if I scale it down about a 1/4 inch it will be a better base to start layering on the details. I will try and get that done today so I can keep this project moving.
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Klaus, not Santa
Posted: May 11 2012, 03:15 PM

Proud Member of W.I.P.

Wow!
Stunning head you have there!
I would love some better quality close ups, but damn, this is really good smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
jerseydevil
Posted: May 11 2012, 07:31 PM

Thanks klaus. I am using my cell phone for these picture so I will try to get some close ups when I get some more completed on it. I started rebuilding the torso, looks better, and will not look so top heavy once I start adding arms, back engine and other details.

--------------------
jerseydevil
Posted: May 13 2012, 10:34 AM

New torso, more work done on the head, and new pics.

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Coco
Posted: May 13 2012, 08:53 PM

Great detail really coming along!
Klaus, not Santa
Posted: May 14 2012, 09:05 AM

Proud Member of W.I.P.

Looks like this will be a very intimidating and challenging pose!
Great build.
Cheers
Klaus

--------------------
user posted image
jerseydevil
Posted: May 16 2012, 01:20 PM

Thanks. Did some more work on the head, thought it needed a little something extra. Also started on the arms, just need to decide what ccw I want on what arms. So far I have decided to use a power klaw, chain sword, skorcha and then a smaller claw that will look like a hand with articulated fingers and thumb.

user posted image

The googly eyes are just for fun. My wife was cleaning out some things and I saw them and just had to tac them on. Just goes to show that no matter how mean or scary somethiing is, googly eyes will make it funny.

--------------------
Caiin
Posted: May 16 2012, 01:30 PM

QUOTE (jerseydevil @ May 16 2012, 03:20 PM)
The googly eyes are just for fun. My wife was cleaning out some things and I saw them and just had to tac them on. Just goes to show that no matter how mean or scary somethiing is, googly eyes will make it funny.

Haha, as this was the first picture of the head I saw, I thought this was for real :P

With some wire you could make funny glasses and put them on the Dread once in a while.

Progress is looking great! Keep it up.

--------------------
Rivets rule!
jerseydevil
Posted: May 18 2012, 08:47 PM

Thanks Caiin. I built the two upper arms, but got stuck building the ccw's. I tried a couple of different things but they did not look good. I finally got a claw built and am almost done with a big chain sword. When I get it done I will get a pic up.

--------------------
Mud
Posted: May 19 2012, 12:10 AM

Member No.: 2,304

If there is sexy in anything orky this would be it smile.gif

As for CCW did you try a big [I Swear Too Much] kik [I Swear Too Much] buzz saw, I think that would really make this thing pop, the circle saw of death!

Mud
jerseydevil
Posted: May 19 2012, 02:41 PM

Thanks Mud. I have considered using a saw for the last ccw. I have done a few sketchs for one and may have to try to build one when I am done with the upper arms.

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0844 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com