InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Strategic Security Division Strike Team, Infinity, PanOceania army
Hellwolve
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 02:11 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,429

Now I started with Infinity, I've decided to post proof that, no, I don't really concentrate on any one army and do, in fact, juggle many projects at the same time wink.gif Here's the very start of my PanOceania army, which I dubbed the Strategic Security Division Strike Team, inspired by my first model, a Hexas Sniper:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
(Photos linked from my Facebook account, so I do not know if everyone can see them. Let me know!)

And in the words of the site:
The Strategic Security Division is the PanOceanian agency for foreign intelligence. It works under direct orders from the Hexaedron, the Military High Command and Intelligence or PanOceania, and the immediate executor or its directives and orders. The Division's mission, as Reflected in its member's designation-key hexas "is to Maintain the status quo and international strategic situation of the Human Sphere.
(...)
Nevertheless, what sets the hexas separately from other special operations agents is Their moral integrity. These guys are printable to operate with total freedom, without any restrictions. They are intelligence agents without bounds, basically pro war criminals with better technology.

I found the model quite cool, so I changed little; tweaked her MULTI Sniper Rifle and put it on a bipod.

This really is the smallest model to date that I have worked with, literally speaking, including the Human models by GW. I still think I'm not that great a painter, so I'm doubting whether or not I'll just try with this girl or, because it is so much smaller than I've ever painted, try and find someone else for the painting.

--------------------
"...and the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone"
Jashyr
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 10:26 PM

Convertaholic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

Some of the infinity models really are dainty, it's nice to see people taking up the challenge of converting them. The bipod is a nice touch.

--------------------
Jash

RPG - Currently Running:Aeon Trinity
Ethereal Skies
Hellwolve
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 07:32 AM

I agree they're dainty, but, well, I like a challenge wink.gif This is just the start; the conversion for my Trauma-Doc will probably be more involved.

--------------------
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"
Hellwolve
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:13 AM

My apolagies for the double post, but I figured out some fluff for this force:

Grigori Mandate, Strategic Security Division, New Dawn Company, Strike Team.
The Strategic Security Division is the PanOceanian agency for foreign intelligence. It works under direct orders from the Hexaedron, the Military and Intelligence High Command of PanOceania, and the immediate executor of its directives and orders. The Division’s mission is to maintain the international status quo and strategic situation of the Human Sphere.

Their goal is to maintain PanOceanian control in hostile operations outside national territory. The Hexas conduct covert paramilitary operations, destabilization missions, training of rebel troops, key target abductions, interrogation sessions, and ‘termination of targets with extreme prejudice’; the classic catalogue. What sets the Hexas apart from other special operations agents is their moral integrity, or rather, lack thereof. They are Intelligence agents without bounds, basically professional war criminals with better technology. Judging from what little that can be drawn from their records, even the PanOceanian military loathes them.

That there is a part of the Division that is said to operate under something known as the "Grigori Mandate", is the 'fault' of a certain Marshal Grigori Faust, of the Hexaedron. For whatever reason, he sees wresting as much of Dawn out of Ariadna control as he can manage as his own personal vendetta. Diverting resources from the main Strategic Security Division, he created a new group of soldiers, aptly and evocatively named the New Dawn Company, further divided into Strike Teams.

Logically and logistically, the New Dawn Company can't get the full support of the PanOceanian military. The core of every Strike Team, then, is one or two Hexas, sometimes even supported by ALEPH's Deva functionaries if the situation warrants it. This core proceeds to find suitable rebel elements on Dawn, who are then trained in remote locales to the operational level of Fusiliers and in rare ocasions, with gifted individuals, beyond.

--------------------
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3217 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com