InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dust Tactics Models
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:41 PM

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 212

Has anyone had any experiences with these kits?

user posted image

user posted image

They seem pretty cool and are all on sale at just about every online store. I know they come mostly preassembled but its difficult to tell how bad the seems and mold lines would be.

--------------------
user posted image
Inso
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 10:26 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,490

I have no experience of them but they look pretty good with paint on...have a look what this chap has managed to achieve smile.gif :

http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=15135.0

--------------------
My General Blog:
http://insosworld.blogspot.com/
For a complete Grymn fix, try here:
http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 01:10 AM

Group Icon

They are definatly sweet models but I can't tell how much work they are. I've watched this review.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/04/dus...zer-walker.html

but certain things I can't tell from it. EX the base seems already glued on to the feet. does it pop off? I would want to re base it. I've seen models where the feet are in different positions but I don't know if they converted it.

--------------------
user posted image
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 02:56 AM

Group Icon

Well I ordered a light, medium, and heavy panzer walkers. I'll tell everyone how the kits turn out.

--------------------
user posted image
Fireball
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 09:11 AM

Member No.: 5,165

can't wait for that, since i'm curious, too. The 4-legged ones look pretty sweet.

edit: no wonder these models look so sweet in that link. The guy who made them look so shiny is bulldog, you can find more adoreable stuff from him even here in this forum...

--------------------
look at my horse, my horse is amazing...
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 12:39 PM

Member No.: 1,026

Interesting to see what you make out of them Mechanicore.

Years ago I ordered the Dust Gunther model inspired by your example on this very WIP site. I still haven't completed it but I do plan to use it in friendly games with my someday ready Krieg.

And I also found another Dust model, bought it from the ebay. Bergeluther in 1/35, it will be a nice engineer walker addition to my Krieg as well.

Here's link to the BergeLuther in ebay. They come from China and mine didn't have any instructions with it so it will take some time to ponder how to build it biggrin.gif

link

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

my sale/trade post (Baneblade, SM, RT era stuff):
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=13493
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 09:13 PM

Group Icon

Wow the resin one used to be really expensive. The one I just bought was only $20. But I'd prefer a straight resin kit I think.

Hopefully they are so preassembled I can pop them out real quick. But mold lines scare me. Well we'll see later this week hopefully.

--------------------
user posted image
BaleWolf
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 10:46 PM

Member No.: 1,717

I really look forward to your review on this, as I have looked at these models quite a bit.

--------------------
Then God said, "Let there be win," and there was win, and it was good.

Everyone complains that all their models look better in real life, mine always look better in the pictures...
Mechanicore
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:02 PM

Group Icon

--------------------
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0592 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com