I've promised a friend I would paint him a Tau Ethereal for his army this Christmas, and after procrastinating, I've started the process.
The spear was way way bent, so I had to use hot water to make the resin pliable and the cold water to set the spear in its new shape. I did this a few times... then got impatient and snapped it off. After a month of letting it sit, trying to figure out what to do about it, I finally found a drill bit small enough to enable me to pin the joint (where the hand is holding the spear) so it will be that much stronger.
I had some older bases I had used once for a friends Eldar Warlock, and he didn't want them as it made them easier to see. So, I've decided I'll use one for the base of the Ethereal.