Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bloodbowl- Arkham Argonauts, Lovecraft themed Nurgle team
Kymar
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 04:26 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 466

This is the start of a Nurgle Bloodbowl team for a local league in Peterborough, Ontario starting in a month (RABBL on Stuntyleeg) . The models do not have to be painted right away, but Iím working ahead of the time for once.

The theme is the Arkham Argonauts, using lots of different Lovecraftian models. The team colours will be yellow and brown, though I'll have to fudge it for the more monstrous players.

Lineup:

Warrior RAFM Great Race of Yith
Warrior RAFM- King in Yellow
Warrior (Reanimator) Greebo- Ork Zombie
Warrior HorrorClix- Avatar of Cthulhu
4x Pestigor (Deep Ones) Greebo- Horned Frog
Beast of Nurgle RAFM- Dark Young
5x Rotter (??) Privateer Press- Hords Incubi

Here is a test model of the colours on the the Incubi.

user posted imageuser posted image

The rest of the models should be coming in mail this week, or at least Iíll work on the Incubi.

~Phase88 (Kymar)

--------------------
Kymar
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 03:40 AM

So yesterday I got the greatest Valentines gift of all, my models came in the mail! ( I'm so lonely bawling.gif )

One of the Greebo models was missing but I contacted customer service and they are sending a replacement out tomorrow.

The dark young model did not fit together at all and I had to fill in the gap (along with bits of plastic filler and a mini D6 for good luck!).

Another problem was the drastic scale problem with the Yith. I love the model but it is not going to work on the bloodbowl pitch. (marine for scale)
user posted image

I'm going to replace it with this D&D mini that I have dubbed the "baby Gug".
user posted image

The only real conversion goal I had was to make the Frogs more fishy with the addition of dorsal fins.

user posted image

I modeled some as folded down, but the standing ones make pretty sweet Mohawks.
user posted image

There are not any more conversion to do so the next post should be significantly more colourful.

--------------------
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 09:50 AM

Member No.: 1,026

Blood Bowl with Lovecraftian theme... that's just pure win!

Those frogmen are perfect Deep Ones with the additional dorsal fins by you, nicely done.

Baby Gug will make a fine substitute although maybe you can still use Yith if you leave off the lower part of "torso"?

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

my sale/trade post (Baneblade, SM, RT era stuff):
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=13493
smokingmonkee
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 06:54 PM

Member No.: 112

QUOTE (Lucius von Kalteisen @ Feb 16 2012, 04:50 AM)
Blood Bowl with Lovecraftian theme... that's just pure win!

Those frogmen are perfect Deep Ones with the additional dorsal fins by you, nicely done.

Baby Gug will make a fine substitute although maybe you can still use Yith if you leave off the lower part of "torso"?

LvK

I have to agree. Not using the bottom part of Yith would probably fix the scale problem.

Plus i look forward to facing them on the pitch.
Kymar
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 03:53 AM

It is odd how I don't really want to post work in progress updates. Scratch.gif

I like the idea of discussing concepts and showing off finished projects, but its the nitty-gritty, looks terrible WIP that I just want to hide. Well, in spirit of the site, and in hopes to spur me to get them finished, here is the team as they look now

Beast:
user posted image
Warriors:
Pestigors:
Rotters:
user posted image
It is only two weeks until the next round of games so I am keen to get more done.

--------------------
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: May 3 2012, 11:52 AM

Member No.: 1,026

Thanks for the update on them. Hopefully we will get to see the final products and read game reports as well?

Colours suit the murky CoC feeling of the team, I think.

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

my sale/trade post (Baneblade, SM, RT era stuff):
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=13493
Kymar
Posted: May 8 2012, 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Lucius von Kalteisen @ May 3 2012, 06:52 AM)
Thanks for the update on them. Hopefully we will get to see the final products and read game reports as well?

Colours suit the murky CoC feeling of the team, I think.

Sure, I always try to write up a report after my matches (Its a method to get players more involved in the league).

Here is one of my games from last month:

Arkham Argonauts vs Desert Rats

A high kick to start the game was caught and held deep in the Rats end zone until late in the 3rd round when Mickey made a massive hail-mary pass across the whole pitch, landing just shy of a waiting Gutter Runner. Escaping the charge of Obed Marsh, Gunther Gutter recovered the ball and made the touchdown for the Rats in the 4th round.

The return kick to the Argos was heralded by cheers for both teams and each received an extra reroll. Though many of the Rats were sent from the field, few suffered any lasting injuries, and Ratatuoille got revenge by exploding Zimmerman the Rotter in a gory hit (Dead + decay result of Dead!).

Repeated attempts by the Argos to form a cage along the line of scrimmage were stopped by the quick and nimble rats, helped by the complete inability of Junior to use his tentacles to hold even the smallest rodent.

The half time kick off return to the Argos brought further cheers (and rerolls) for the team, but their luck was wasted when no one on the team was able to pickup the ball.
By the 3rd round, the Rats had stolen the loose ball and Rat Boy II dodged around three of the Argo defenders and scored a second touch down.

A quick snap allowed the Argos to put pressure back on the rats, but in the 7th round a pass from Barnaby Marsh was wasted on an oblivious Rotter and the ball bounced right into the Ratsís hands. A last minute blitz prevented a third touchdown against them, but the ponderous Argos had little chance to recover from their early deficit and lost 0 - 2 to the Rats.

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0699 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com