InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Various Systems, taking a break from 40K
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 04:53 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

Hey there all.
Taking a break from 40K at the moment as I want to look at other stuff. Below you can see some Heavy Grymns a got from Hasslefree.

user posted image
user posted image

I can imagine these guys as a heavy assault squad. I have another two squads lined up. One anti tank and one HQ.

user posted image

These miniatures are a great joy to paint with minimal clean up needed. I look forward to doing the rest smile.gif

Cheers
GreyDeath
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 05:46 PM

Creator Of W.I.P.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oh my gosh.. those are really nice.. I love just the right cleanliness to real world look you have.
Very cool and nice colors.. wow I have a bunch of the Grimm really like the figs and idea behind them. but don't have a single one painted.. wow now I want to paint mine.. really super nice

thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Inso
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:22 PM

Member No.: 2,490

Very nice work on those Grymn smile.gif. You have a very clean style that suits them well.

--------------------
My General Blog:
http://insosworld.blogspot.com/
For a complete Grymn fix, try here:
http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I went for a cleaner look than I normalcy do.
Had the next squad painted for a while but just got round to photographing them soooo, here you go
user posted image
I think they look far too similar to the 1st squad so for the 3rd I am going to do a little GS on them to give a little personality.

What do you think?

Cheers
Inso
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 06:58 PM

Member No.: 2,490

Very nicely done thumbs_up.gif

I look forward to seeing more smile.gif

I am a bit of a Grymn fan (see both the links in my sig) and always look forward to seeing them nicely painted.

--------------------
My General Blog:
http://insosworld.blogspot.com/
For a complete Grymn fix, try here:
http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:08 AM

Ah yes indeed. I have seen your work before. I think it was one of the reasons I was directed to HasstleFree. Great stuff. I may have to put some squad marking on mine as well smile.gif
Love the Mondrian APC by the way. Is there a story behind this?

Cheers
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 08:37 PM

OK, couldn't resist getting this so thought I would merge them in with my HassleFree stuff.
Some of you may have heard of Super Dungeon Explore the hack and slash from CoolMiniorNot and SodaPopMiniatures. Here is the first mini...
The Paladin
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hope you like,
Cheers Evil
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:48 PM

Hey all.
Did the Elf Ranger.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
This one was not as fun to do as the Paladin. The sculpted detail on the front of the dress was just a blob. I had to paint the detail in. There were also molding bubbles and missed mold lines.

What on to next... Maybe some council.

Thanks for looking,
Evil
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Nov 13 2012, 03:20 PM

Hi all.

Picked up a Cygnar battle box a while back as I thought they looked cool. May actually get a chance to play this weekend so got my arse in gear and started painting.
user posted image
user posted image
Pretty standard but I hope to get my imagination going as I move on. If the blue lighting on the sword looks a bit gash. That"s because it is. It got smudged when the matt coat went on a little thick and I tried to soak the excess off. Will have the other two up soon.
I'm kind of thinking of getting each faction battle box

Any C&C is welcome

cheers evil
evil_space_monkey
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 06:27 PM

And then there were three.
user posted image
I didn't mention before but I have magnetized everything that can be destroyed. I'm getting old and I tend to forget things during a game;)
user posted image

cheers Vim
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1168 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com