InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My Newest Wab Knight Unit...crusading
PsychosisPC
  Posted: Aug 8 2011, 02:29 AM

Conversion Psychosis
Group Icon

Group: Retired Moderator
Member No.: 48

My more colorful unit of knights.
user posted image
Some of them are my converted Perry Miniatures knights mixed with the Perry’s Holy Order/Hospitaller Knights.
user posted image
user posted image
The ones without hoods and sleeve-less surcoats are my conversions. I think this unit of knights turned out pretty good. I was attempting to get them out of the First Crusade in the 1090s, into more of the late Second and Third Crusades.
user posted image
I also played around a bit with color schemes, make some of them Knights of Jeruselem, some Ibelin color schemes, Franks, English, and Spaniard themes. Note some of the kite shields are actually GW High Elves shields from their foot infantry, that made conversion of the shields much easier.
user posted image
user posted image
I'm extremely happy with the way the horses turned out. I really wish that the Perry's someday convert some of their horses to give them caparisons, because its a lot of work to do. The musician horse is kind of a miscast, but it does have a very dynamic look to it.

I do want to be able to play these guys across alot of periods and from the Iberian Pennisula all the way to the Holy Land. So there you have it for now. That is it for my WAB knights for awhile. I will come back to them later this year.

--------------------
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 03:51 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,026

You think that they are only "pretty good"? Quite an understatement there, they are very dynamic looking unit. Not only the horses, but the whole bunch looks awesome, just like the unit movement tray as well.

Hopefully we soon get to see lots of Crusader era goodness from you PPC.

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

my sale/trade post (Baneblade, SM, RT era stuff):
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=13493
PsychosisPC
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 11:05 PM

Conversion Psychosis
Group Icon

Thanks. This is about it for now. The next batch of knights will be some Conquest Games plastics, and I'm going to wait until there Norman infantry comes out, probably the first part of next year. I have about 1000 points of Crusaders. This like my warriors of chaos will be an ongoing project.

My next WAB project will be Danes, I want a 2000 point army of shield wall, and I even have a Viking Longship for eyecandy.

--------------------
Brother Weasel
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 11:15 PM

Evil Admin #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 214

looking good as usual:) i don't know the range, but they look like good minis

--------------------
user posted image
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 05:05 AM

I had totally missed the Conquest Games and their products so many thanks for the info. Bookmarked their page for future shopping.

2000pts of Danes. That's going to be quite a shieldwall smile.gif I have been thinking about making some Norwegians myself... that plastic Viking ship almost made me place an order but (un)fortunately I remember my other still ongoing projects that are way beyond their deadlines.

Btw, have you made any special era-related terrain pieces for your WAB armies?

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

PsychosisPC
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 10:52 PM

Conversion Psychosis
Group Icon

Bro Wease: Their part of the Perry Brothers range of models. The horses are very sexy. The metal castings are fairly good.

LvK: On the Conquest side of things I did a review of their miniatures and some comparison shots. http://psychosispc-themadhouseworkshop.blo...h/label/Reviews

I do plan to mix them in with the Perrys in my army, and I am converting some of them to fit my theme.

My Danes are being built to counter my buddy's Saxons.

As to terrain pieces not yet. I have some parts, but I am hopefully going to move here pretty soon, so they are buried deep in some moving boxes. The Longship is one of those pieces, unassembled. After I move I plan to build a couple tables.

--------------------
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 09:42 AM

Great review, thanks for it. I guess I need to follow your blog from now onwards. the Perry-Conquest mix does seem to work very nicely scalewise.

Three tables.. for 40K, FG and Historicals, one each? Modular set up or more static terrain with few changeable features?

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

PsychosisPC
Posted: Aug 11 2011, 01:45 AM

Conversion Psychosis
Group Icon

Definitely a 40k Table.

Definitely a Table for Historicals which can double for Fantasy, just by changing terrain pieces on the table top. I also want to be able to play Napoleonics on it. If everything comes through and I close on this house soon, I'll have a big man cave to fill.

The 40k table I plan to do as modular. The other will be static with interchangealbe terain pieces.

My blog is bit more up to date with all of my projects and some exclusives.

--------------------
PsychosisPC
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 02:31 PM

Conversion Psychosis
Group Icon

Next batch....Well its taken awhile, but I finally got around painting up my converted knights of the Conquest Games plastic variety.

user posted image
I thnk they turned out decent. Had fun converting them and the painting was fairly straight forward.
user posted image
Below is the next pair of knights. The one on the left I have converted, giving him an axe from the Gripping Beast Plastic vikings. I think its a neat little conversion that works well.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
I like this look and I look forward to seeing the long awaited infantry. More to follow....

--------------------
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 07:25 AM

Lovely pieces. One thing though, about the horses, now they look bit bolted, I think there's too much white of the eyes showing atm?

Minor thing, and I wouldn't be able to paint the eyes prolly at all but just my 0.02

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

PsychosisPC
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:05 PM

Conversion Psychosis
Group Icon

Thanks. Agreed on the horses, especially noticeable in the magnified view.

Well here is the whole shebang of the Conquest Games unit. Nice minis and they and the conversions painted up well. I think the entire unit turned out well and was a whole lot of fun to put together.
user posted image
I built a movement tray to match my Perry forces. Together with the Perry stuff they look fine.
user posted image
I do like how the dynamics of the minis in the front rank turned out.
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Lucius von Kalteisen
Posted: May 7 2012, 07:43 AM

Heh, good point about the close-up pic, the eyes look really good in the unit pic and seeing them on table-top level it's yet completely different matter.

The whole unit looks fabulous.

So next up is infantry or more cavalry? Any named historical characters coming up?

LvK

--------------------
- oderint dum meduant -

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1169 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com