Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Kroot Mercenaries, Is the army list still valid?
Hellwolve
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 10:01 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,429

I've got a simple question abou the Kroot Mercenaries; is the army list still valid, e.g. are the rules still legal? I'm not quite sure...

--------------------
"...and the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone"
Hellwolve
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 07:49 AM

Anybody home? I'm still curious wink.gif

--------------------
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"
Eon_Kull
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 05:19 PM

Official Banner Winner!

Member No.: 22

There's no right answer to this. Considering it is a trial rules article and was last published in Chapter Approved 2004 updated for 4th Edition, it is as valid a list as say, Necrons. It's legality is completely up to your opponent/club for friendly games and would be up to a tournament organizer in competitive games as it is not an official list.

--------------------
A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn.
Nevermore
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 05:49 PM

Member No.: 1,293

Huh, don't know how I missed this when you first posted it. I will usually respond to any kroot questions. Sorry.

As with anything it is really a matter of opponent's permission. The Chapter Approved list is really pretty old and outdated now but it is playable, although some wargear may not actually do anything under the current rules. In casual games it shouldn't be a problem, talk it over with the people you are likely to play with. If you are willing to spend some time converting and painting an army most people are willing to give it a try. As for tournaments and/or "official" GW store games, that is up to the organizer/store manager. Kroot were always kinda "maybe allowed" in tournaments anyway, even when the list was new.

Finally, if you are interested in Kroot Mercs, you should check out Kompletely Kroot

http://z8.invisionfree.com/KompletelyKroot/index.php?act=idx

Its an all Kroot board and the guys there have taken the old chapter approved list and updated it to 5th edition rules. It's a fandex, and some people have issues with that, but it is a really good one and the army isn't very powerful. Even if you don't want to use their 'dex, the site has a lot of good ideas for tactics and conversions (which you should post here also).

--------------------
Once Upon A Midnight Dreary...
Hellwolve
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the answers, gentlemen smile.gif Truth to be told, I thought as much - but it's good to have confirmation.

As far as making a Kroot army...Well, I asked because of this puzzle wink.gif

--------------------
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"
Anarnaxe
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 02:29 AM

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,263

If needs be you could always do a "Count As" army with one of the other codexes, such as the Tau list or the the Imperial Guard (obviously without the tanks, though you could try and get around it with beasts or something)

--------------------
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
shadowhammer
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 04:19 AM

Member No.: 1,043

QUOTE (Anarnaxe @ Sep 27 2011, 08:29 PM)
If needs be you could always do a "Count As" army with one of the other codexes, such as the Tau list or the the Imperial Guard (obviously without the tanks, though you could try and get around it with beasts or something)

You could totally do that, use big knarllocs as weapons platform analouges...

--------------------
Paint hides a multitude of sins.
into the void
Hellwolve
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 07:19 AM

Anarnaxe, shadowhammer, thanks, but, I was actually having the crazy idea of making an army "Count As" a Kroot list wink.gif See the linked thread in my previous post, please smile.gif

--------------------
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0888 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com