InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Work In Progress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Ragnarök Is Coming...
Macal
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 12:47 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,997

Hi Mate!

Nice models, like the color schemes! And they have the chaos looking smile.gif I see You like blood, blood for the blood god isn't it? smile.gif
Keep it up!

--------------------
user posted image
NightseeR
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 08:14 AM

Member No.: 3,201

QUOTE (Macal @ Jul 12 2011, 12:47 PM)
Hi Mate!

Nice models, like the color schemes! And they have the chaos looking smile.gif I see You like blood, blood for the blood god isn't it? smile.gif
Keep it up!

Thanks a lot! And of course, the Blood God wants a lot of blood...and who am I to deny that... smile.gif

An update, but not Wolf-ish, not even Chaos, but at least 40k... I converted and painted this Black Templar Chaplain for my friend (he can even use it as Grimaldus, since the wargear matches). user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Can you guess the kits I used for it? smile.gif

See ya later!

--------------------
"So who will be our saviour now they've shot your angels to the ground?"
Lord Balok
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 02:08 AM

Member No.: 5,810

Well the helmet is a berzerker one with the horns chopped off. I've done that before just for the cool skull-shaped helmet! If there are other non standard parts I can't tell. The big patch of long purity seals is off a vehicle sprue, and I think the lanterns on his backpack are from Mordheim, or one of the 40k building sprues.

Also, looking back on the wolfie guys you've done, I am soory to say I think that blood splatter is over done. The red spatter covers up far too much of the underlying paint. A slightly more controlled method of delivery might work better. Right now, I'm sorry to say, it just looks messy.

Yes I know that the guys with the chainsaws on sticks would really be splattered with bits of meat and bore and viscera, but at the miniature's scale, that splatter would be a lot smaller. This is something I have to work on myself, what with the theme of my budding marine force (pre/post heresy loyalist world eaters). My guys will be blood soaked as well, but I need to keep it to a fine point to avoid over doing the effect.

--------------------
NightseeR
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Lord Balok @ Dec 6 2011, 02:08 AM)
Well the helmet is a berzerker one with the horns chopped off. I've done that before just for the cool skull-shaped helmet! If there are other non standard parts I can't tell. The big patch of long purity seals is off a vehicle sprue, and I think the lanterns on his backpack are from Mordheim, or one of the 40k building sprues.

Also, looking back on the wolfie guys you've done, I am soory to say I think that blood splatter is over done. The red spatter covers up far too much of the underlying paint. A slightly more controlled method of delivery might work better. Right now, I'm sorry to say, it just looks messy.

Yes I know that the guys with the chainsaws on sticks would really be splattered with bits of meat and bore and viscera, but at the miniature's scale, that splatter would be a lot smaller. This is something I have to work on myself, what with the theme of my budding marine force (pre/post heresy loyalist world eaters). My guys will be blood soaked as well, but I need to keep it to a fine point to avoid over doing the effect.

Nah, the helmet comes in the standard CSM box smile.gif
Lanterns are from the VC Corpse cart, the only other non-standard part is his crozius, it was made of the BT upgrade sprue power axe chopped up and two aquilas from the vehicle sprue glued together smile.gif
And the templar cross on the top of the backpack is the BT upgrade sprue flag, without the flag part.

And about the blood...yeah, I've REALLY overdone it...might strip those minis and repaint them in a less bloody way smile.gif

--------------------
Caiin
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 12:21 PM

Member No.: 925

Oe, I have to use that blood technique sometime. Looks very realistic. You say it is very easy to do, but making it realistic is the touch part I think.

I like your painting style. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Rivets rule!
NightseeR
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Caiin @ Dec 6 2011, 12:21 PM)
Oe, I have to use that blood technique sometime. Looks very realistic. You say it is very easy to do, but making it realistic is the touch part I think.

I like your painting style. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks! smile.gif Well, my painting style is kinda constantly changing...especially when I do some 40k, then Malifaux, then 40k again, then something else... smile.gif

--------------------
Caiin
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 06:04 PM

QUOTE (NightseeR @ Dec 6 2011, 02:30 PM)
Thanks! smile.gif Well, my painting style is kinda constantly changing...especially when I do some 40k, then Malifaux, then 40k again, then something else... smile.gif

Uhm, oke... Then I like your CURRENT painting style biggrin.gif

--------------------
Rivets rule!
NightseeR
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 11:53 AM

Soo, I'm working on something new again!

First, the non-Wolf things:
My friend asked me to make a BT jump pack techmarine with wolfclaw/stormshield/etc for him. I decided to make it magnetised, so he can use it as a non-JP one too.
On foot
user posted image

Jumpin'
user posted image
user posted image

Then, I made some tank traps, fitting the theme of the bases of my friend's Templars and my 'Wolves.
user posted image

On to the 'Wolves! I bought a box of Khorne 'Zerkers and a Space Wolves Pack, to make some Skyclaws!

The 10 'ordinary' ones - I know, the ML one isn't exactly game legal, but it looks cool! It also has a BP and a holster for the CCW, sooo...it has everything that a Skyclaw needs!
user posted image
user posted image

Pics of the rest (special weapon ones, Wolf Guard/Battle Leaders/Idependent Characters (there's a pretty awesome one) coming later today!

--------------------
Hellwolve
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 11:57 AM

Member No.: 6,429

Cool to see you back in action smile.gif Nice stuff!

--------------------
"...and the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone"
Caiin
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 12:02 PM

The pose looks cool when the jump pack is attached, but I am not so sure about the one without, because he is standing there on one foot.

Nevertheless, I want to see that model painted! Especially with the smoke coming out.

--------------------
Rivets rule!
NightseeR
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:25 PM

Thanks! Well, yeah the pose is a bit strange, but he looks a little more...running in life smile.gif Also, this was the easiest way to magnetize him smile.gif

Right, let's see the rest!

Wolf Guards/Lone Wolves with: PP-PF, BP-PF, PP-CCW, TH-SS, WC-SS, BP-CF (or CF-SS)
user posted image

Spec. weapons and Wolf Guard/Lone Wolf with PP-BP
user posted image

Wolf Priest with PP, Wolf Guard/Lone Wolf with dual WC, Runepriest
user posted image

Skyclaw (or anything else in power armor) with Mark of the Wulfen
user posted image

Iron priest
user posted image
user posted image

I'll do some GS-work(=lots of fur) on them, maybe add some brass etch Khorne symbols here and there, and they will all get converted Sanguinary Guard jump packs when I get them.
I also managed to get the body of Abaddon from a friend, I'll convert him to be a TH-SS Wolf Guard termi or Wolf Lord.

That's it for now, see ya all later!

--------------------
Kjarr
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 12:20 AM

Member No.: 6,410

This is Great, I love what you've got going here. My brother in Law did a brief stint with Nurgle Wolves 'Plague puppies of Fenris' and I've got a few units of Dark Angel Berzerkers, but nothing as cool as this. Well done!
NightseeR
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Kjarr @ Apr 20 2012, 12:20 AM)
This is Great, I love what you've got going here. My brother in Law did a brief stint with Nurgle Wolves 'Plague puppies of Fenris' and I've got a few units of Dark Angel Berzerkers, but nothing as cool as this. Well done!

Both sound great! I have a soft spot for Nurgle things...any chance for some photos? smile.gif

Soo, I found an almost complete CSM bike and some ork bike parts in my bits box, so I made a biker wolf lord/wolf guard battle leader smile.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Also, I'm done with "Abaddon". He's only a simple TH/SS termi now, in need of a base and some GS work.
user posted image
user posted image

That's it for now, see ya all later!

--------------------
Caiin
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:52 AM

Nice update! Keep them coming.

--------------------
Rivets rule!
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0918 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited, Privateer Press, Infinity, Mongoose or any other Hobby, Model or Gaming Company.

Dragonforge

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com