Title: Tau Bunker
Description: I've been back in my workshop
Shi'ur - February 7, 2011 02:04 AM (GMT)
curly - February 7, 2011 06:52 PM (GMT)
Those look great! what did you use to make the main part of the bunker? i would like to make them myself so a materials list would be awesome. if you can.
Happy war gaming
Shi'ur - February 7, 2011 07:13 PM (GMT)
Materials list eh? :scratch:
- 1/8" thick hardboard
- 6" diameter sauna tube ( for concrete forming - obtainable from Home Depot )
- 1 1/2" cardboard roll ( used for center section to hold up the roof )
- 1" thick styrofoam pink insulation
- cereal box cardboard ( for the deck plate overlay )
- nylon window screen mesh
Power generator materials
- 1 fruit cup ( eat the contents first, because it's yummy )
- plastruct rod ( 0.080" )
- plastruct tubing ( the rod should just fit snug inside it )
- small flying base
- clear pen with no contours ( for the center portion )
- blue plastruct tube
- plasticard ( don't recall the thickness off hand, I'll check later and edit accordingly )
Klaus, not Santa - February 7, 2011 08:23 PM (GMT)
So what paint scheme for the bunkers and the sorrounding terrain will you use?
Shi'ur - February 7, 2011 08:43 PM (GMT)
I've got a color scheme already set for the bunker itself ( basecoat of bleached bone, dusted with white, ink washed etc. ), and the base will be done in a desert savanah theme to match my Tau bases. ^_^
curly - February 7, 2011 08:47 PM (GMT)
thank you very much for that list it will help me out alot. my local gaming store we don't have very much bunkers lol or building's so thank you a lot Shi'ur. i can't wait to see it all done and finished up.
Shi'ur - February 17, 2011 07:27 PM (GMT)
Fosner1703 - February 18, 2011 02:57 AM (GMT)
Doors? Just funny that you would need a buddy to boost you up to get into the bunkers. Looks great though.
Pax Urbis Pax Imperi - February 18, 2011 12:26 PM (GMT)
Missed a spot in painting?
Messy around the edges, will this be covered in sand and painted to cover up?
Over all, the effect is completely stunning. I think I would go over the crimson mesh with a drybrush to bring out the details though.
LuckyNo.5 - February 18, 2011 09:11 PM (GMT)
Very Very nice indeed!
Looks like a very well constructed Tau Base.
Great use of common materials and overall a very great layout for each building.
I need to pass this on to my Tau playing friend for his records.