Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to With The Lights Out. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chin
Extempore
Posted: May 14 2009, 12:09 AM

Spectre

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Chin, an experimental project I'm working on with two friends, are hitting a local studio on May 24 to record a six-song demo. Seeing as no one will probably read this for a while (but if you are, hello!) and the demo will most likely be recorded and mixed before anyone posts a response - I've posted this topic so I'll update it when the time seems right.

Our project is experimental as it mixes influence from the following bands together, seeing as we're all into different genres: Sonic Youth, Rage Against the Machine, Ozzy Osbourne, Smashing Pumpkins, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, Hole, Arctic Monkies and KISS. I'm the bassist and lead singer of Chin (the one who likes Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins and Hole), Bryan is the drummer (the one who likes Rage Against the Machine, Led Zeppelin and the Arctic Monkies) and Zoe is our guitar player who also provides backing vocals (the one who likes Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zeppelin and KISS).

Songs we've written so far are: "Batterie", "Nicotineohol", "G-Spot" and "Trainwreck" and the two remaining songs will most likely be covers of the "Immigrant Song" (in a hardcore funk/metal style) and a Smashing Pumpkins' song.
Extempore
Posted: May 24 2009, 05:03 PM

Spectre

Okay, we didn't hit the studio today. Plans have been postponed until June 16th and/or June 21st. For now, though, here's the cover for our first EP, "Miscellaneous, What?" which we'll be recording during the session(s):

user posted image
needles and pins
Posted: May 25 2009, 10:50 PM

lack of iron and/or sleeping

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

Too bad you didn't make it to the studio.
I can't wait to here this.

--------------------
Extempore
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 02:09 AM

Spectre

We done a solid three hour session yesterday evening, got a few rough takes down of a few songs. smile.gif

We're not going to start mixing properly until we get a second (and more competent) session down, so we see what we've got to work with. We also wrote and recorded a new song, "Swimm", during the session - which is the first song we're satisfied with. It's got a real Mudhoney ambience to it, that really seems to be the style we're going with.
Incesticide89
Posted: May 12 2010, 03:04 PM

Sweet young thing aint sweet no more

Member No.: 1

dude your beating me at this lol. the only real grunge band around my neck of the woods is the mayors wife, and i wanna change that.

--------------------
With The Lights Out Administrator
God is love love is blind and so am I
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Do Re Mi | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0240 seconds · Archive