InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Velocigames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Velocigames Site
March 9th, 2012 : Earth Attacks !! (Beta) released Get it here
October 19th, 2010 : Gamebiz 3 released Get it here
Febuary 6th, 2009 : Islandbis 2 released Get it here
August 2nd, 2008 : Carbiz Released get it here
December 31th, 2007: Bacterium Imperium now available for download! (click here to download)

Current development :
MovieBiz
Gamebiz Online

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

creating a New Forum for Indie Sim Based Games
klosec12
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 11:22 PM

Door-to-door Salesman

Group: Members
Member No.: 360

Hey all, as you would know, the forums have been a little dead lately. So i had an idea to combine the communities of several Indie Sim games into one forum that we would be able to discuss and share stories,mods,etc.

Just wondering if anyone would be up for a forum like this.
Here is a current list of games i am thinking of adding in the forum:
Gamebiz - 1 to 3
Music Wars Rebirth - 1 and 2 (BETA)
Chart Wars - 3
Bestseller
Any others??

Will also need mods and article writers as i am thinking of having a news section to keep people updated on games.
klosec12
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 11:25 PM

Door-to-door Salesman

Will also need to find a name for the site. Will post some up when i think of them. Feel free to come up with your own.
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 06:20 PM

Steve Jobs clone

Member No.: 33

That sounds like a good idea, especially for the stuff from the old Osiris Games board, which seems to have completely died now. Plus, including links between both sites could also improve traffic to both sites.

If you'd like any help in setting anything up, I'd be happy to volunteer. I've studied web development and am looking for opportunities to build web sites or forums for the experience so I'd love to offer to help out in any way I can.

cool.gif
klosec12
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:41 AM

Door-to-door Salesman

That'd be great. Ideally it would start as a free forum as im a bit short of cash atm, but any help you could give would be great.
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:23 AM

Steve Jobs clone

That's pretty much what I'd expected it to be. I figured any part of this would have to be done through a free service. Anyways I'm happy to help.

cool.gif
klosec12
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 03:54 AM

Door-to-door Salesman

Great will start setting things up then. Will post back when forum set up. Also need a forum banner as i am terrible at graphics biggrin.gif
shortyluke2012
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 07:31 PM

CherPerry

Member No.: 305

Sounds like a great idea!

Anything I could do, I would love to help.
Arndtdk
Posted: May 8 2012, 04:29 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Sounds like a great idea, anything new about this ?.
IM a bit on/off these days compared to a few years ago. But as always I hope to be able to watch the forum much more than i do at the moment.
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 06:02 PM

Steve Jobs clone

How is everything going with this? Do you need any help getting things set up?

I've studied enough web development courses at college to be a professional web developer so if your getting stuck on anything either PM me or post something here and I can probably help.

cool.gif
klosec12
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 09:33 PM

Door-to-door Salesman

Yeah. Progress has been a bit slow with finding a perfect forum host. If you want to help design the forum, it would be great!
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Jun 14 2012, 02:31 AM

Steve Jobs clone

I have a couple of suggestions there.

1- you could use the invisionfree.com forum hosting service, which I believe is free

2- if you can find any free web hosting service we could use the phpBB3 system to develop our own forum. Here's a link to phpBB web site I developed a forum using this system as a lab assignment for one of my Computer Science classes last fall, so I'm already pretty familiar with this system.

cool.gif
hannawald5
Posted: Jun 14 2012, 11:09 PM

Door-to-door Salesman

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Seriously Unserious @ Jun 14 2012, 02:31 AM)

1- you could use the invisionfree.com forum hosting service, which I believe is free

2- if you can find any free web hosting service we could use the phpBB3 system to develop our own forum. Here's a link to phpBB web site I developed a forum using this system as a lab assignment for one of my Computer Science classes last fall, so I'm already pretty familiar with this system.

cool.gif

There is also many many free forum templates for use when using Invisionfree. All the creators of the templates demand is a small note that they created it. Don't remember the link where you can find all the templates but it shouldn't be hard to find through Google! smile.gif
klosec12
Posted: Jun 16 2012, 05:31 AM

Door-to-door Salesman

QUOTE (Seriously Unserious @ Jun 14 2012, 02:31 AM)

cool.gif

I think the second option by Serious is a good idea. Creating our own should also allow us to link it to news articles and stuff that we could write about the games.
Young London
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 12:12 AM

Small time salesman

Member No.: 230

QUOTE (klosec12 @ Apr 8 2012, 06:22 PM)
Hey all, as you would know, the forums have been a little dead lately. So i had an idea to combine the communities of several Indie Sim games into one forum that we would be able to discuss and share stories,mods,etc.

Just wondering if anyone would be up for a forum like this.
Here is a current list of games i am thinking of adding in the forum:
Gamebiz - 1 to 3
Music Wars Rebirth - 1 and 2 (BETA)
Chart Wars - 3
Bestseller
Any others??

Will also need mods and article writers as i am thinking of having a news section to keep people updated on games.

What's Bestseller?
klosec12
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 12:15 AM

Door-to-door Salesman

Bestseller is a Book Writing Sim by Osiris Games.
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2241 seconds | Archive