InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Velocigames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Velocigames Site
March 9th, 2012 : Earth Attacks !! (Beta) released Get it here
October 19th, 2010 : Gamebiz 3 released Get it here
Febuary 6th, 2009 : Islandbis 2 released Get it here
August 2nd, 2008 : Carbiz Released get it here
December 31th, 2007: Bacterium Imperium now available for download! (click here to download)

Current development :
MovieBiz
Gamebiz Online

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

New game : Earth Attacks !!, Simple old school shooter game
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 07:53 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I am testing a new development platform. So I have made me a little old school shooter just to test it out.
So to let people test it, I will release it as a Beta for now.
Let me know :
- if you can't run the game.
- Have graphic issue.
- Sound related issues.
- Other stuff.

Just download unzip and run the exe in the folder.
Download link is in the bottom of this page.

Its is very simple so dont expect to Much smile.gif its still not 100% finished .

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Download here
GDI121
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 05:24 PM

small business

Group: Members
Member No.: 326

The Game has Problems to play more then 1 Sound at the same Time. The Music Stutters when there is a Explosion etc. I didnt found other Bugs.
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 05:28 PM

Administrator

Thanks for checking it out.
Yes thats allright. Im only using 2 sound channels. One for the midi music and an other for the game sounds. So thats fine.

Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 02:40 PM

Administrator

Ohh, i did not see that you wrote that the musioc stutters when there is a explosion sound. It wasent just the music that starts over(rewind) ? This seems to hang the game for a sec or so.
GDI121
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 04:18 PM

small business

The Music sometimes is completely gone for the moment another Sound appears
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 05:38 AM

Steve Jobs clone

Member No.: 33

I just tried this game out, and it's a fun little game.

I did find a graphics bug. In about wave 9 or 10 when those big jets that require about3 or 4 hits from a level 6 laser appear, they have a green line along the bottom and one side. I'll try and give you some more info on it when I have time to test it a bit more, unfortunately I didn't get the wave number and I died in that wave and the game doesn't show the wave number the game ended in.

There's also a button on the leaderboard that's out of position, half the button disappears of the leaderboard window. when I clicked on the button it closed the leaderboard so I'm assuming that's what its supposed to do, but the label is not visible...

anyways, I'm looking forward to your next update of this game.

cool.gif
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 08:08 AM

Administrator

Yes you are right. Im doing a rotation of the graphics and the "F16" seems to get a blue'ish line in the bottom and one of the sides as i recall.
Its probably due to the routine that i have made for rotating graphics. I will look into that.

about each 4.00-4.30 minute the music will rewind which will halt/hang the game for a sec or so. Strangely enough im using a the internal OS media player so i should not be a problem. But this helps me to choose an other solution for the "big" games i will be doing.
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 12:30 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (Seriously Unserious @ Mar 12 2012, 05:38 AM)
There's also a button on the leaderboard that's out of position, half the button disappears of the leaderboard window. when I clicked on the button it closed the leaderboard so I'm assuming that's what its supposed to do, but the label is not visible...

Are you running the game on a Wincows XP machine, I think i had a simular problem on a windows XP machine i tested the game on ?
I think that the new button type on some of the pages like leaderboard might only be competible with Windows 7. If thats the case i have to evaluate the use of these new button types.
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 08:12 PM

Steve Jobs clone

QUOTE (Arndtdk @ Mar 15 2012, 04:30 AM)
QUOTE (Seriously Unserious @ Mar 12 2012, 05:38 AM)

Are you running the game on a Wincows XP machine, I think i had a simular problem on a windows XP machine i tested the game on ?
I think that the new button type on some of the pages like leaderboard might only be competible with Windows 7. If thats the case i have to evaluate the use of these new button types.

Yes, I'm using WinXP, SP3

cool.gif
S1thLord
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 03:55 PM

Small time salesman

Member No.: 219

pretty fun game, btw how many waves are there? only thing i can point out is that the red messages would be more readable in the actual space than over the planet

works well on win7
GDI121
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 04:51 PM

small business

I played it on win7 too.
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 09:27 AM

Administrator

okay. I have to do sometihng about the new button types if on Windows XP then.

For now there is 20 waves, but i do not know if its possible to reach the last wave before i make the last things which will add blaster canon by each of the green fields, helping the player sucure these areas.

Also the enemies should also move from side to side on the higher level which they do not do at the moment this should increase the difficulty.
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 12:08 AM

Steve Jobs clone

Are you planing on adding a way to buy more of those bombs?

cool.gif
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:00 AM

Administrator

Yes. I was plannig it, but it seemed to easy. But when All the things are finished I have to test it out again.
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:00 AM

Steve Jobs clone

I see.

I was just wondering about that because in the later rounds it becomes almost impossible to shoot everything with your lasers, but buy then I've usually used up all my bombs. Still, to prevent the game from becoming too easy the price would have to be high, I'd think.

cool.gif
« Next Oldest | Quick Games | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4816 seconds | Archive