Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Velocigames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Velocigames Site
March 9th, 2012 : Earth Attacks !! (Beta) released Get it here
October 19th, 2010 : Gamebiz 3 released Get it here
Febuary 6th, 2009 : Islandbis 2 released Get it here
August 2nd, 2008 : Carbiz Released get it here
December 31th, 2007: Bacterium Imperium now available for download! (click here to download)

Current development :
MovieBiz
Gamebiz Online

What Are Your Favorate Games?
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 07:30 AM

Steve Jobs clone

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Of the games I've played, the ones I like the most have to be Civilization 4, and the 90's RPG classic, Dungeon Master, and the original Railroad Tycoon.

There's many other games I like but those 3 are definitely my all-time favorites.

I'm looking forward to reading about what games others like.

cool.gif
S1thLord
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:15 PM

Small time salesman

Member No.: 219

its never to late to answer right? smile.gif

In Action Games i'm a big fan of Call of Duty games, MW3 is awesome(Saints Row the Third was also one hell of a good game tons of fun and crazy stuff, i hated the first one, didn't buy the second but i did get to play this game at my friends house and i had to have it)

Action/RPG All Mass Effect Series saviing to buy mass effect 3 tongue.gif, The witcher 1 &2

RTS games Starcraft series, also spellforce 2 was nice

Sports i don't play that much, i do have Fifa 11 and NBA 2k12 for the ps3. The NBA is a rly good game love the my player mode

For Turn based strategy games i'm thinking on buying Crusader Kings 2 it looks good.

as for old games i'm sure i'll forget tons but... I loved Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic, Jagged Alliance 2, Master of Orion 2, Deus Ex, and X-Com UFO defense those will always hold a place in my heart smile.gif
ben3683914
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 01:31 AM

Steve Jobs clone

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Capitalism 3, Fast Food Tycoon 2, Simcity (everything but societies and the mobile games), GTA: San Andreas, Socom 2 and 3, CW and GB ofcourse.

Probably a few more, but they probably aren't as important if I forgot them lol
GDI121
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 10:04 AM

small business

Member No.: 326

Final Fantasy 6, The Guild 2, Age of Empires, The Settlers 2,Simcity 2000 - 4, Portal 2, Gamebiz 3, Civilization 3+4+5, Counter Strike 1.6, Warcraft 3, Rome Total War, Mount&Blade Warband and the FIFA Manager Series (is it called like that in English? In German its called Fussball Manager, i never really cared cause its a German Game :/)

@Sithlord
Crusader Kings 2 is bugged as Hell i think, you should take a look in some Forums before buying it.

Edit
OHOHOHOH I Forgot Super Mario Bros. on NES (My first Game Ever and i still play it biggrin.gif)
S1thLord
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:08 AM

Small time salesman

QUOTE (GDI121 @ Mar 15 2012, 10:04 AM)
@Sithlord
Crusader Kings 2 is bugged as Hell i think, you should take a look in some Forums before buying it.

ok, thanks for the heads up, i'm still buying Mass Effect 3 first so it'll have to wait a bit anyway, i'll check if they released any patches. I had a terrible experience with Stronghold 3... that was one buggy game at release... so i'll be careful this time
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 08:53 PM

Steve Jobs clone

QUOTE (GDI121 @ Mar 15 2012, 02:04 AM)
Final Fantasy 6, The Guild 2, Age of Empires, The Settlers 2,Simcity 2000 - 4, Portal 2, Gamebiz 3, Civilization 3+4+5, Counter Strike 1.6, Warcraft 3, Rome Total War, Mount&Blade Warband and the FIFA Manager Series (is it called like that in English? In German its called Fussball Manager, i never really cared cause its a German Game :/)

I'm also a huge fan of the Sim City series, I've played the orininal, Sim City, Sim City 2000, and Sim City 4, and 4 is definitely my favorite.

I've also played The Guild 2, another good game imho.

@SithLord: I've played Master of Orion 3, good game but seems to have some flaws that really take away from the game play, have you tried MOO3, and if so can you tell me how MOO2 compares to MO3?

cool.gif
Arndtdk
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 09:24 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Seriously Unserious @ Mar 15 2012, 08:53 PM)
@SithLord: I've played Master of Orion 3, good game but seems to have some flaws that really take away from the game play, have you tried MOO3, and if so can you tell me how MOO2 compares to MO3?

cool.gif

I have player both. i must admit that i like MOO 2 much more than MOO 3. Though MOO2 is more simple it still provides the basics of galatic conquest way better then MOO3 in my opinion. I like galatic civilizations aswell, its even more simple than MOO2 but has a very nice AI i think.
S1thLord
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 10:47 PM

Small time salesman

QUOTE (Arndtdk @ Mar 15 2012, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (Seriously Unserious @ Mar 15 2012, 08:53 PM)

cool.gif

I have player both. i must admit that i like MOO 2 much more than MOO 3. Though MOO2 is more simple it still provides the basics of galatic conquest way better then MOO3 in my opinion. I like galatic civilizations aswell, its even more simple than MOO2 but has a very nice AI i think.

yeah i agree with Nino, MOO 2 was way better than MOO 3. As many developers they tried to made the game much grander but failed and ended up making it far more complicated... you know... if it ain't broke...

MOO 2 i have fond memories... you know starting to play right after dinner... and suddenly it was morning... on a school day... smile.gif

You can buy master of Orion pack (1 & 2) from Gog for 6 bucks if you're interested. Those versions work on XP and Win 7.

Or get the older version and use DosBox smile.gif
S1thLord
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:00 PM

Small time salesman

heres the user scores in gamespot

MOO 2 9.1/10 (1060 votes)

MOO 3 5.7/10 (832 votes)

not much doubt why Nino and i liked MOO 2 more, seems we aren't alone out there smile.gif
GDI121
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 05:27 PM

small business

Member No.: 326

Yeah MOO2 was better in my Opinion too and i still play it ^^
Seriously Unserious
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 07:57 PM

Steve Jobs clone

Hey thanks for all the answers, I'll check out that Gog version and see if that's something I'd be interested in.

cool.gif

EDIT: Almost forgot, there's another similar game that I like, Space Empires 4, it's shareware, that's one of the better games of this type IMO. There's also a Space Empires 5 that was released commercially as well but I haven't tried that one yet.

This post has been edited by Seriously Unserious on Mar 18 2012, 07:58 PM
« Next Oldest | Video Games and software | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1251 seconds | Archive