zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Velocigames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Velocigames Site
March 9th, 2012 : Earth Attacks !! (Beta) released Get it here
October 19th, 2010 : Gamebiz 3 released Get it here
Febuary 6th, 2009 : Islandbis 2 released Get it here
August 2nd, 2008 : Carbiz Released get it here
December 31th, 2007: Bacterium Imperium now available for download! (click here to download)

Current development :
MovieBiz
Gamebiz Online

An introduction, Introducing the newest member to Veloci
satsui
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 04:57 AM

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 81

Hi everyone,

My name is Raymond and I recently was involved in a game contest at Osiris Games and won that competition with my most recent project Sys Cracker. Ever since, I have been in contact with Nino and that's how I came here. Enough about me though.

simHockey is probably the game that contains the most graphics of all the games I've created (which isn't much lol). It's a hockey team simulation where you run your own team and can do a single game for fun or run a full franchise.

There are two modes of play:
  • Single Game
  • Franchise mode
Single Game allows you to select a team across 6 ranks (or leagues) and compete against another team.

Franchise mode puts you in charge of your team for as many seasons as you want, and there is always a challenge. Your newly created team (which you can name and set its location) will start in rank F. There are 6 ranks, F being the worst and A being the best. Each season your players will progress and you will try to take your team to the championship of whatever rank you're in. When you win your rank, you move up a rank. So if you're in rank F and win the championship, then you move up to Rank E.

However, if you are the worst team in your rank, you will be demoted a rank. So, if you're rank A and are last place, you will move to rank B. If you are declared champion in rank A, you are the ultimate champ!

Other features include a draft mode and statistics screen.

Current progress: 90% done - Game is complete and tested as working. However, I need to upgrade the scripting to work with Windows 7.

Last updated: 12/01/2009

This post has been edited by satsui on Dec 2 2009, 04:58 AM
GavinKenna
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 05:39 PM

Door-to-door Salesman

Group: Members
Member No.: 88

Wow, your 90% completed the game? Im impressed smile.gif . I cant wait to see the finished product, good luck, and congratulations on joining Veloci smile.gif

Gavin ninja.gif
satsui
Posted: Dec 3 2009, 01:29 AM

Admin

QUOTE (GavinKenna @ Dec 2 2009, 05:39 PM)
Wow, your 90% completed the game? Im impressed smile.gif . I cant wait to see the finished product, good luck, and congratulations on joining Veloci smile.gif

Gavin ninja.gif

Well the game was actually started earlier this summer and spent quite a lot of my free time on it smile.gif
Arndtdk
Posted: Dec 3 2009, 06:56 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Welcome Raymond biggrin.gif
I havent had much time these last few days for velocigames but im very much looking forward to you game.
satsui
Posted: Dec 17 2009, 03:59 AM

Admin

Update: I am waiting for feedback from the other guys to see if the original version works. However, I am in the process of upgrading it from visual basic to visual studio. There are some differences between the two languages that are causing some errors.

However, I am about 60% done with the upgrading biggrin.gif
Arndtdk
Posted: Dec 17 2009, 07:33 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (satsui @ Dec 17 2009, 03:59 AM)
Update: I am waiting for feedback from the other guys to see if the original version works. However, I am in the process of upgrading it from visual basic to visual studio. There are some differences between the two languages that are causing some errors.

However, I am about 60% done with the upgrading biggrin.gif

Good choice in switching to VS.
satsui
Posted: Apr 16 2011, 07:56 PM

Admin

Updated version is released (yes, after a year):

Download
« Next Oldest | simHockey | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0646 seconds | Archive