zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Stealthsnake's Workshop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Heads up from the admins
From the Staff: Upcoming Releases

New public beta version 4.0 released, can be downloaded on downloads page of the mods site.
Join our community and help support The Battles of Gondor mod and make it a better mod by registering and getting your views across.
Email me to have your button here. Here is bogs button if you want to add it to your site/forums.
Forum Admin-Moderator-Battles of Gondor Modder-Hosted-VIP-Beta Tester-Normal Member-Banned

Pages: (27) « First ... 25 26 [27]  ( Go to first unread post )

Questions & Answers
anglia
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 05:04 PM

Anglia of the North

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 152

Well i don't mind custom heros, i have 2 or 3 of my own... and i recruit them in skirmish games but never online. They are ridiculously overpowered and unrealistic, and have a few bugs which can get on my noodely woodely. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
(Signature designed & produced by Caluadan... thanks mate!)
Ascendant Evincar
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 06:44 AM

Soldier

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

Well even just adding some new armor and weapons would be awesome so if you get around to it I would be very grateful. biggrin.gif
blatant7
Posted: Jun 16 2008, 05:15 PM

Worker

Member No.: 232

Are you planning on adding elves? Because I saw somewhere that you were, but they haven't been mentioned recently.

--------------------
Don't waste water, it only covers 75% of the earth...
Whoozy
Posted: Jun 16 2008, 07:51 PM

Admin

Group: Forum Admin
Member No.: 4

They are going to be inn units for rohan, if stealthsnake hasn't changed his mind again tongue.gif

--------------------
Whoozy, the stoned elf
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks to kseni-chan for the sig
Click me!
thanks to alensis for that one xD
ugluk the ugly
Posted: Jun 21 2008, 05:27 AM

Bowman

Member No.: 219

not that much of a big problem but if possible, when units are created will they come out in a realistic way.

for example: rhun palace guards come from the stoney bit of the barracks. could that be changed so they walk down the stairs?

EDIT:darn im back to a bowmen dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
(a big thanks to jev3 for great sig and avatar)
(and also a very big thanks to whoozy who helped me get my password back,without your help i wouldn't be here now)
Stealthsnake
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 03:23 PM

Battles of Gondor mod Leader

Member No.: 1

i couldnt change it so they walk down the stairs but i can change it so they come from the stairs direction.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
coder, skinner, mapper, graphics
Unfortunately, many casual fans only know him as the big scary Nazgul that got his head chopped off at the end of The Return of the King.

- some ea noob who has not even seen the films (let alone the books)
Reno
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 08:31 PM

Unregistered

When I play war of the ring the new units of the mod are there but the hero's are the same. for example when I play war of the ring mode I can't recruit beregond wacko.gif
Stealthsnake
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 08:50 PM

war of the ring mode has not been done yet for bog.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Unfortunately, many casual fans only know him as the big scary Nazgul that got his head chopped off at the end of The Return of the King.

izaktj
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 10:14 AM

Worker

Member No.: 411

Hi. I know it might sound unrealistic or unbalancing, but I believe I'm not the one who would love massive battles. However, the command point cost per unit wouldn't allow it. So my questions are:
Will there be a low command point cost feature?
Will the stone worker buildings command points increase from 50 to 100 or even more?
If not, do I have permission to edit it for my personal use (Won't release it)?

Thanks.
Whoozy
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 11:10 AM

Admin

Member No.: 4

For personal use you can always do it, but the game itself also has an option, just put the command point limit on x2 or higher, and you will basically have unlimited command points. (You will have to make a lot of farms though.)

--------------------
Whoozy, the stoned elf
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks to kseni-chan for the sig
Click me!
thanks to alensis for that one xD
anglia
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 01:00 PM

Anglia of the North

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 152

Yeah, i personally always have mine turned up to 100x cp limit or whatever it's called... because i love big battles, there's nothing unrealistic about a big battle... it's just it can cause performance problems on lower end pcs... but me not have to worry about that no more mwaha. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
(Signature designed & produced by Caluadan... thanks mate!)
izaktj
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 07:05 PM

Worker

QUOTE (Whoozy @ Aug 13 2008, 11:10 AM)
For personal use you can always do it, but the game itself also has an option, just put the command point limit on x2 or higher, and you will basically have unlimited command points. (You will have to make a lot of farms though.)

That is exactly what I find annoying, building so many farms. Not because of lack of resources but because of having to build so many. If BFME2 had a function like AOK where you would press ctrl and build multiple farms at a time.

EDIT: OK so I changed the generic farm command points bonus from 50 to 500 lol
I'll check if it messes up the AI or not.

OK now it works biggrin.gif
Stealthsnake
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 08:57 PM

i take it your a gondor personl, as all your questions are gondor related....or more specificly minas tirith related tongue.gif

the cp system is balenced at the moment, as whoozy said, you can do what the hell you like privatly, i just done wanna know tongue.gif

The ai wll probely train huge amoutns of units as it will have no limit basicly.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

izaktj
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 09:39 PM

Worker

QUOTE (Stealthsnake @ Aug 14 2008, 08:57 PM)
i take it your a gondor personl, as all your questions are gondor related....or more specificly minas tirith related tongue.gif

the cp system is balenced at the moment, as whoozy said, you can do what the hell you like privatly, i just done wanna know tongue.gif

The ai wll probely train huge amoutns of units as it will have no limit basicly.

Yeah minas tirith is my favorite! biggrin.gif
If it wasn't because of BOG I wouldn't play BFME lol
It's an awesome mod wink.gif
SmaugTheDragonLord
Posted: Jul 30 2012, 10:44 PM

Worker

Member No.: 412

Hey your mod sound just amazing but I don't have a PC (at the moment) so I can't download it or see it. I've always thought it would just be the coolest to have a dragon lair where you can make drakes and dragons but I've never seen one. Do you have a video on youtube where I can see your mod cause I would love to check it out.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Questions and Answers | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (27) « First ... 25 26 [27]  Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0540 seconds · Archive
Suggested Sites
The 3rd Age | Middle Earth Center | RTS Community