zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Stealthsnake's Workshop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Heads up from the admins
From the Staff: Upcoming Releases

New public beta version 4.0 released, can be downloaded on downloads page of the mods site.
Join our community and help support The Battles of Gondor mod and make it a better mod by registering and getting your views across.
Email me to have your button here. Here is bogs button if you want to add it to your site/forums.
Forum Admin-Moderator-Battles of Gondor Modder-Hosted-VIP-Beta Tester-Normal Member-Banned

10/5/08, arrrr pirates :P
Stealthsnake
Posted: May 10 2008, 09:51 AM

Battles of Gondor mod Leader

Group: Forum Admin
Member No.: 1

I decided to release anouther small update. As you all should know, the harad faction is not just made up of haradrim units, but also includes umbar units. When you think that there was only one umbar unit in vanilla bfme2, umbar has now become more of a mini faction.

They consist of,

Corsairs of Umbar,
Corsair Raiders,
Corsair Balister,
Hasharin,
Castamir.

All their units (except castamir) are trained from the umbar tavern.

The corsairs of umbar are of cause the ones we all know. They can toggle weapon bettween daggers and fire bombs. Their daggers are great agasint pikes, and their fire bombs are effective when used propely. You can quite easiy put a large area in flames, doing lots of damage to enemys within.

user posted image

THe corsair raiders is the sorce of strength of umbar. THey are equiped with spears and shields, cavalry beware. Unlike most spearmen however, they are not vulnerable to swordsmen, they can soon wip at thier axes which are effective agaisnt all infantry. They should beware of archers though.

user posted image
user posted image

The corsair balister is their siege equipment. It takes down buildings with ease. But its also not missed behind your like of corsair spears.

user posted image

The hasharin is a spy/assasin of umbar/harad. They are experts at taking down heros, as they get experience they can become tealthed and make quick escapes. They are like a mini hero.

user posted image

Castamir is great alongside his corsairs, he has pillaging powers and leadership, aswell as being able to use his axe effectively.

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
coder, skinner, mapper, graphics
Unfortunately, many casual fans only know him as the big scary Nazgul that got his head chopped off at the end of The Return of the King.

- some ea noob who has not even seen the films (let alone the books)
Whoozy
Posted: May 10 2008, 10:31 AM

Admin

Member No.: 4

Nice update, a few typos more then usual but the work on the mod is as great as usual! tongue.gif

--------------------
Whoozy, the stoned elf
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks to kseni-chan for the sig
Click me!
thanks to alensis for that one xD
D_bershevits
Posted: May 10 2008, 11:38 AM

Fountain Guard

Group: Members
Member No.: 154

great update and Mod Tom!!

--------------------
http://www.bproductions.co.nr/
Battles_of_Gondor.rar
user posted image
(Thanks to JEV3 for the Avatar and Sig.)
Stealthsnake
Posted: May 10 2008, 06:08 PM

ill fix that now, i was in a rush this morning, cus i had work tongue_smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Unfortunately, many casual fans only know him as the big scary Nazgul that got his head chopped off at the end of The Return of the King.

anglia
Posted: May 11 2008, 09:42 AM

Anglia of the North

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 152

Another update??? Good work tom. happy.gif

In future versions of the mod, will the raiders be given a re-skin, so they have similar clothing to the corsairs of umbar? I just thought that may make look more like they are together and from the same force.

The new skin for hasharin is great and i love the Balista. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
(Signature designed & produced by Caluadan... thanks mate!)
Stealthsnake
Posted: May 11 2008, 09:05 PM

well my thinking with the raiders is that they are more like the town or city guards of umbar, so the nearest thing to a real trained military unit for them. Where as the classic corsairs are the mercs of umbar that have come from gondor, or who can be brought for the right price.

Thats why i ave the umbar spearmen heavy shields and a heavy armour skin wink.gif

Maybe i should rename them though as raiders probely isnt an appropiete name.

What do you think?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

anglia
Posted: May 13 2008, 06:13 PM

Anglia of the North

QUOTE (Stealthsnake @ May 11 2008, 10:05 PM)
well my thinking with the raiders is that they are more like the town or city guards of umbar, so the nearest thing to a real trained military unit for them. Where as the classic corsairs are the mercs of umbar that have come from gondor, or who can be brought for the right price.

Thats why i ave the umbar spearmen heavy shields and a heavy armour skin wink.gif

Maybe i should rename them though as raiders probely isnt an appropiete name.

What do you think?

Well after playing with them for myself and seeing them in-game... they still feel very pirate like, and the skins are very good. Could they still use their shields when weilding an axe aswell or is that not possible with the model?

Yeah, maybe Corsair Warriors... or Pillagers... whatever you feel right, but i think raiders is alright.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Stealthsnake
Posted: May 13 2008, 06:16 PM

well i could if i had a modeler, but if i had a modeler i think id probely keep them with the shield on their back but get them to have a 2 handed axe.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

anglia
Posted: May 13 2008, 06:20 PM

Anglia of the North

QUOTE (Stealthsnake @ May 13 2008, 07:16 PM)
well i could if i had a modeler, but if i had a modeler i think id probely keep them with the shield on their back but get them to have a 2 handed axe.

Yeah a 2 handed axe would seem appropriate i would imagine, i would model it for you, but i haven't even surpast the basics yet tongue.gif . I was having a look at your tutorial over at the3rdage about ini coding, i might have a go later, your tutorial looks very good. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Updates | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0372 seconds · Archive
Suggested Sites
The 3rd Age | Middle Earth Center | RTS Community