Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tom Hanks Online's Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

What Film Got You Hooked?
sammers
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 03:49 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 344

What film first made you say "oh my goodness I love this guy?"

For me, it was Philadelphia, and I really didn't see it all that long ago. I thought the performance was absolutely amazing. Movies rarely make me cry, but it just overwhelmed me. Truly amazing film.

20-something Tom Hanks movies later, the rest is history..
virginie
Posted: Mar 6 2010, 05:53 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It started with TDVC for me. After that I watched the classics again, those movies I had already seen but without paying much attention to him (Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, YGM, etc.).
Cast Away and Road to Perdition were movies where I was like this in front of my screen : ohmy.gif

But I think it's when I saw Philadelphia (for the first time), and that incredible scene where he gets out of Denzel's office, not saying a word, with this look on his face and the music... I fell in love with his acting. That specific scene.

--------------------
Tom Hanks Online - Your #1 Source For Everything Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Online - On Facebook
Tom Hanks Online - On Twitter
sammers
Posted: Mar 7 2010, 04:13 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (virginie @ Mar 6 2010, 12:53 PM)
It started with TDVC for me. After that I watched the classics again, those movies I had already seen but without paying much attention to him (Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, YGM, etc.).
Cast Away and Road to Perdition were movies where I was like this in front of my screen : ohmy.gif

But I think it's when I saw Philadelphia (for the first time), and that incredible scene where he gets out of Denzel's office, not saying a word, with this look on his face and the music... I fell in love with his acting. That specific scene.

That's how it was for me, too - I had watched some of his movies (Cast Away, Toy Story 1 and 2, Sleepless, and a few others), but when I saw Philadelphia.. I was like, wow, I really like this guy. He is AWESOME.

Seeing Philadelphia in my film class last semester spurred me to watch both Forrest Gump and Big, then Catch Me If You Can, You've Got Mail, etc etc and then I realized I just couldn't stop. I loved the guy!
~Denise
Posted: Mar 7 2010, 01:05 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 2

Same for me. I'm pretty sure that only after the Da Vinci Code I TOTALLY fell in love with him.

It was 2006,and I was litterally surrounded by TDVC advertisements: trailers on tv, various articles on magazines, and I loved the book, so I couldn't wait to see the movie... I was really really excited!
Then a day I saw a giant poster of Robert Langdon.
I felt like someone removed a blindfold from my eyes and I realised that Tom Hanks was the love of my life <3

--------------------
elizabeth
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 05:40 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 326

umm...it has to be the green mile...yep, that's the one when i noticed how utterly adorable he is! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
sammers
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 03:13 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (elizabeth @ Mar 13 2010, 12:40 AM)
umm...it has to be the green mile...yep, that's the one when i noticed how utterly adorable he is! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes, I loved him in that movie, too!!
elizabeth
Posted: Mar 20 2010, 03:59 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 326

Oh but...

That Road to Perdition....WHEW!! inluv.gif

(and that's all I have to say about that.)
Jamie82
Posted: Apr 1 2010, 02:50 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

It was similar to what Denise and Virginie said. After the DaVinci Code. I mean, I'd always loved Tom's movies, thought he was funny and nice, cool.

Something slightly changed after I saw the trailer for The DaVinci Code. Started to become enamoured more with him. I become a bit obsessed with the movie and watching and reading anything about it. It was probably the hair, right? Lol.

So, after that I started watching all his movies again. And I have alot of them on DVD.

--------------------
user posted image
virginie
Posted: Apr 1 2010, 05:49 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (Jamie82 @ Apr 1 2010, 02:50 AM)
It was similar to what Denise and Virginie said. After the DaVinci Code.

How strange... seriously. Lots of people crucified that movie and yet many people I know who became fans of Tom, actually became more interested in his work with that precise movie, The Da Vinci Code. That's strange, interesting I would say. unsure.gif

--------------------
MeganRose
  Posted: Dec 12 2010, 11:25 PM

Member No.: 381

Forrest Gump all the way :') <3
virginie
Posted: Dec 20 2010, 10:24 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (MeganRose @ Dec 12 2010, 11:25 PM)
Forrest Gump all the way :') <3

And when was that ? Back around 1995 or just a few years ago ?

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5500 seconds | Archive