InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Tom Hanks Online's Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Did You Like The Ending?
Jamie82
Posted: Oct 19 2009, 02:20 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Hey, was just wondering what you guys thought. Did you like the ending of this movie? Of Tom's character at the crossroads, literally and figuratively.

I thought it was cool the way they ended it on that really. I think Tom said in an interview that the way the movie really ended was he turned around to go back to the woman's house that he was delivering the box to and he "made babies" with her or something to that effect. lol

--------------------
user posted image
virginie
Posted: Oct 19 2009, 08:12 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

laugh.gif Yeah, he said that on The Inside Actor's Studio.

I think the ending is P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Every time I watch this movie I find this ending very moving. Again, it's just so perfect.
As you said, he's at the crossroads, literally and figuratively. I don't think there could have been a better way of ending this. I think the movie wouldn't have had the same impact if it had ended with, let's say, Chuck and Kelly getting together again, or Chuck starting having a conversation at the red-haired girl's place.

The fact that we don't know is genius and it makes the whole difference, this is why this movie is a masterpiece, I think.

--------------------
Tom Hanks Online - Your #1 Source For Everything Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Online - On Facebook
Tom Hanks Online - On Twitter
kd11
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 12:30 AM

Member No.: 337

the first time i saw cast away i hated the ending but the next time i saw it i realized it's genius. it's so moving and leaves you to decide what chuck's fate is. i love it! brilliant idea
Jamie82
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 06:03 AM

Advanced Member

Yeah, I don't think it could've ended a better way. I agree with everything you said. lol

Don't you wanna know what's in the box too? lol

It's so funny about that whole box thing, I don't know if you ever saw this where you live but I think there was a commercial here where this guy is stranded on an island and he opens the box and finds a phone/GPS type thing.lol. My memory is kinda fuzzy about what the commercial was about exactly or if that's what happened in it really cause it was so long ago. Wow, I should look for it. lol

--------------------
user posted image
kd11
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 11:23 PM

ohyeah the box! it does bother me that we never find out but i guess that they didn't think it was important. plus it leaves you guessing.

i wish i saw that commercial! that's hilarious!
Jamie82
Posted: Oct 21 2009, 01:36 AM

Advanced Member

OMG, I found the commercial. It's actually a Fed-Ex commercial. It's hilarious. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NahyfTAVNqk

--------------------
user posted image
kd11
Posted: Oct 22 2009, 02:23 AM

hahahaha that's so funny! what a good idea
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1053 seconds | Archive