InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Tom Hanks Online's Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

A Great Film!
Langdon's Mistress
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 10:21 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

Well, aside from the Dan Brown adaptations, I have to say that this is somewhere near the top of my personal list of my favorite Tom Hanks films (Wow, that sentence took forever to word correctly)

I just think he did a fantastic job with the character and the acting. I loved him as Andy, and I honestly wanted to hug the guy the whole time (Tom is good at making me feel that way). I just love this movie so much, I don't even know how to describe it other than fantastic and very touching. I honestly cry every time I see it. It's just phenomenal.

My favorite scene is the scene when Andy starts translating the words to that opera... It gives me the chills, and I love how by the end of it he has tears on his face and he's out of breath, and he was just lost in the moment. It's amazing. And I loved Andy and Miguel, together, they were so sweet. =D

If you saw it, what did you think of it?

--------------------
user posted image
[||]Robert Langdon - Angels & Demons[||]
[[Banner by xCiell of DeviantArt]]
elizabeth
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 06:09 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 326

Of course the opera scene is the best one, but I also like when he leaves Denzel's office and is standing on the street looking lost, not quite knowing what to do or where to go. He nailed every emotion in that movie----no wonder he got the Oscar!
How could he not?

tongue.gif
Langdon's Mistress
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 07:08 AM

Member No.: 333

I love that bit too! Every time I just go 'AWW, POOR ANDY' And wish to give him a very big hug.

I know, he totally deserved the Oscar here, he was just so amazing... And if you could give awards for acceptance speeches for awards, the one for his Philadelphia Oscar (or Forrest Gump) Would be my pick

--------------------
user posted image
[||]Robert Langdon - Angels & Demons[||]
[[Banner by xCiell of DeviantArt]]
virginie
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 11:23 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (elizabeth @ Jul 20 2009, 06:09 AM)
I also like when he leaves Denzel's office and is standing on the street looking lost, not quite knowing what to do or where to go.

Definitely my favorite scene in the movie. I remember the first time I saw the movie, about a year and half ago, I suddenly got tears in my eyes at that precise moment. Just the music, his look... so touching. Incredible acting, even more I'd say like Denzel Washington : "he was not acting, he was being".

--------------------
Tom Hanks Online - Your #1 Source For Everything Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Online - On Facebook
Tom Hanks Online - On Twitter
sammers
Posted: Mar 7 2010, 06:12 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 344

He honestly and truly became that character in Philadelphia. SO real. Between the thinned hair, lost weight, and all the emotion and stress and struggling.. that wasn't Tom Hanks anymore. It was Andrew Beckett.

Really an unbelievable film, and he was so, so, deserving of the Oscar he won for it.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1951 seconds | Archive