Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tom Hanks Online's Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

A masterpiece ?
virginie
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 08:04 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It's my godfather who lent me the DVD a few years ago. We watched the movie all together, with my parents and my brother but I didn't pay much attention to it. I thought that was good but nothing more.

And about a year ago, maybe a bit less, I watched it again (being more interested by Tom's work) and I was literaly ohmy.gif at the end. Yes, because that's not an happy ending... laugh.gif but not only. I thought : everything in it is quite perfect !
Obviously the acting : Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, Jude Law, Daniel Craig, Tyler Hoechlin... well : no comment.
But also the story, the photography, the way it was shot... every shot of the movie seems to have been finely worked.
I was really impressed by that. I honestly believe this movie is a masterpice, very underated and surely one of Tom's best performance ever.

--------------------
Tom Hanks Online - Your #1 Source For Everything Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Online - On Facebook
Tom Hanks Online - On Twitter
Denise
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 08:49 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 2

This is one of my favourites...As you said it's an incredible movie...at the end I cried more than in the Green Mile.

The soundrack blends ( I don't know if this is the correct word, doesn't sound well...unsure.gif ) with every movement...every single shot. There are a lot of moments filled with suspence and humanity at the same time. It's incredible how you can identify yourself with the feelings of every character.

It's absolutely not the kind of movie that you can see in a superficial way.

--------------------
virginie
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 09:25 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Denise @ Apr 13 2008, 08:49 PM)
The soundrack blends ( I don't know if this is the correct word xD ) with every movement...every single shot.

I would have said "fits every scene", lol i don't know...

You're right, I forgot that aspect, that was also perfect : the music ! inluv.gif

--------------------
Tom Hanks Online - Your #1 Source For Everything Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Online - On Facebook
Tom Hanks Online - On Twitter
Denise
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 01:34 PM

Administrator

I love the soundtrack. I can even play it with the piano..but makes me feel sad!

--------------------
fey
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 03:11 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Definitely a masterpiece! The acting was great,so was the cinematography and musical scoring. I just don't understand why it was not nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture angry.gif
Rappi
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 12:24 PM

Member No.: 9

I loooove this movie!!
I had just about the same heartbroken feeling at the end of it as I did at the end of Brokeback Mountain.. how can a story have such a tragic and sad ending? Both movies just hit me right in the heart with the ending scenes.
Denise
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 12:36 PM

Administrator

Honestly..I would never compare Road to Perdition with Brokeback Mountain!

--------------------
Rappi
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 12:39 PM

Member No.: 9

No they are two very different movies, but I still ended up with the same feeling at the end of them. Both movies are masterpieces
Jamie82
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 02:00 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

Ok, so I finally saw the movie. I bought it the other day.

All I can say is wow. I can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner. Great movie. Tom does a great job in it. Kind of a different role for him but he does it wonderfully.

Plus, he looks really cool in his hat and long coat. Really badass. I'm totally gonna watch it again soon.

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1590 seconds | Archive