Toxic Yellow created by Robb of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Phalanx. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Warvault Webring

Change to site layout?, Reorganise the forums

Should the Sons of Dorn and Honoured Guests areas be deleted?
Yes- Make navigation easier [ 6 ]  [75.00%]
No- Its fine the way it is. [ 2 ]  [25.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Eetion
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 08:26 PM

Chapter Master

Group: Masters of the Chapter
Member No.: 1

Hi all. I was thinking about removing the Sons of Dorn and Honoured Guests areas and moving their topics to the general Navigation area in order to streamline the site and just having them as a General Discussion rather than special areas.

What do you think? Would the loss of these 2 areas make the forum easier to navigate?
BobaHat
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 10:01 PM

Lord of the Household

Member No.: 27

The Honoured Guests area could be removed without my objection. The other one works fine IMO.
Eetion
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 10:14 PM

Chapter Master

Member No.: 1

2? Navigatiuon will stay... its just honoured guests and sons of Dorn would be incorporated into it.... or just honoured guests if thats what peoiple want.
Brynjolf Irontooth
Posted on Apr 19 2010, 02:21 PM

Battle Brother

Group: Battle Brothers
Member No.: 180

I wouldn't perse change it this way, but I think some changes to make it easier to navigate would be appropriate. It is an Imperial Fist board* and you have to pass like 10 subfora before you get to this important subfora.

As the boards aren't that active and so some subfora are never used, maybe some could get combined. I think for the average of 3-4 posts a day we have to many subfora.

But that's just me though. And sorry for the necromancy, but I thought posting it here instead of starting a new topic. smile.gif

*by which I mean Imperial Fists as Legion
Brynjolf Irontooth
Posted on Oct 29 2010, 10:53 AM

Battle Brother

I thought to give this topic a revive again.

I know it is normal a lot of new members only registre and say hello and than dissapear again, and the last days War, Rob and Grim are doing their best at keeping the forum active, but I think an easier and less overwhelming forum look may really be needed. With over 20 subfora (most 1 legion forums have like 10) even I have trouble sometimes knowing where to post my topic exactly.

If every one is against the idea, I will follow democracy, but I think this is something worthwhile talking about in attempt to making the forum more attractive for new members (as well as for old rots).

Thanks.
BI
Desert Rat
Posted on Oct 29 2010, 10:40 PM

Brother Sergeant

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 23

I still cruise by now and then to have a look-see.

I guess I haven't had a lot to contribute. With school in my painting time is almost gone.

I would like to have more time but, what are you going to do.
Brynjolf Irontooth
Posted on Oct 30 2010, 12:36 AM

Battle Brother

Don't feel sorry Desert. You're around now and then, and that's what counts. This is a small forum with a few very cool members. But from time to time it just looks too dead. Having a smaller forum (less subfora) would make the forum less inactive. So new members would get the feeling that the forum is a small (meaning not 50 posts a day), but active forum (not at high rate, but you get my point). Next, he will also immediately know where to post his topics and won't get overwhelmed by the amount of subfora he has to scroll through. A couple of these subfora don't get used anyway. Like the article fora I think it is, this one has only had 2 topics since the birth of this site.

This is all meant in a good way, so I hope I didn't offend any one (the topic was started one day by an Admin tongue.gif ).

I just think if we want to keep this site alive, we should work on it.

Friendly regards
BI
Venerable Latheos
Posted on Mar 20 2011, 10:34 PM

Neophyte

Group: Scouts
Member No.: 227

I agree on revamp. As a new member I Agree. Here's my 2 cents. No offence intended.

1)We need More chapter banner options. There are more successors now. Also we could use a 40k star map. I've seen many on the Internet. I don't know how difficult that would be.

2) consolidation- on The Landing Deck. We could delete" printing press and allied links"

3) on the Bridge. We could swap Dorns sAnctum with navigation. Navigation becomes links.
Dorns Sanctum goes to the lower decks.

4) Dorns Sanctum new home. Honored guests consoldidates to DORNatories. Delete Tactical training.

Just a few thoughts. But definately some things have to change.
grimdisco
Posted on Mar 21 2011, 04:27 AM

Terminator

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 54

Not bad ideas
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1704 seconds | Archive
Disclaimer: This website is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited. Warhammer 40,000 is a registered trademark and/or Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2004. All Games Workshop words and phrases herein are used without permission. No challenge is intended to the status of these or any other trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.