zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to SSWG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

FoW AAR, Ralph's Italians vs Colin's Germans
Cavanagh6326
Posted: May 7 2009, 08:37 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

OK Gents finally got round to my 1st AAR, sorry for the quality of pictures my cameras not as flash as Gunny's :wink: Any way the game was between me and a mate, Ralph, who had only played one other FoW game and so was more of a learning exercise.

The Armies

Italians (Bersaglieri) As far as I remember Ralph had the following as well as two other platoons which I'll add after checking with him)
HQ
+ 3 Anti-Tank Rifles

2 Bersaglieri Platoons

1 Bersaglierieri Anti-aircraft Platoon

1 Armoured Car Platoon

1 Self-propelled 75/18 Platoon

1 Heavy Anti-aircraft Platoon

Germans (Grenadiers)
HQ

2 Grenadier Platoons

1 Machine-gun Platoon (1 Section)

1 Black Pioneer Platoon (3 Flame Throwers)

Assault Tank Platoon ( 3 x StulG33B)

Assault Gun Platoon ( 2 x Stug F/8)

Rocket Launcher Platoon (1 Launcher Section)

The Terrain was laid out
user posted image
We rolled up an Encounter and deployed our forces I deployed on the left hand side with Ralph on the Right, both deployed 4 Platoons (I Kampfgrupped for the extra)
user posted image
German Deployment Top - Bottom
Pioneers with Co Cmdr in Pine Tree wood
Stugs next
Centre Objective held by 1st Gren Plt
RH objective held by 2nd Gren Plt
Italian Deployment Top - Bottom
Objective on top of hill held by 1st Bersaglieri Platoon with Co Cmdr
Centre objective held by 2nd Bersaglieri Platoon
Big horrible guns deployed on hill
Armoured Cars (Not Shown) left of guns between wood & hill

Italian Armoured cars race forward as part of their recce move
user posted image

Italians got 1st turn
Ralph threw his Armoured cars forward towards the German Right and the Big Horrible Guns deployed onto the top of the hill

Pioneers race forward to get into a position to assault objective, whilst the Stugs switch to the other side of the table to nullify the threat from the armoured cars
user posted image

user posted image

The Armoured Cars ignore the threat from the Stugs and head towards the centre of the German line, by now all the German Infantry had dug-in whilst the Italian Infantry had consistently failed to dig in.
The Italians got the 1st Reserves (on his 1st attempt) and the Armour turned up on the Italian Left Flank

user posted image

user posted image

The Germans then got similar luck with their reserves pitching up and in the right place, the Stuls rolled on in the centre of the German Line
user posted image
and nailed one of the armoured cars, the Stugs rolled out to engage the Italian Tanks with the result of.....
user posted image
Yes that's a bailed Tank
The Stuls then failed to StormTroop out of sight and braced themselves for the pain that was to follow from the big guns
user posted image
It was time to finish of these Italians, so in my next turn (having spent the last couple of turns shuffling around in the wood) the Pioneers raced up the hill
and opened up with a Flame-thrower
user posted image
The pinned Bersaglieri opened fire and caused 4 hits! all saved and so the pioneers stormed into their postion
user posted image
The Italians put up a brave fight the result was inevitable
user posted image
The Stugs opened fire on the Italian baby assault guns with the result of
user posted image
Yes that's 4 bailed tanks, the Italian trick of using paper thin armour saves them as the German shells fails to go off
In Ralph's final turn (having failed to get any more reserves on and decided that the other platoon would only die attempting to clear the pioneers of the objective) he tried to get some honour by remounting his tanks and flanking the Stugs, unfortunately he failed to hit with any of his shots.

So a win to the Germans and a good run through of the rules for Ralph who is now preparing to enter his first tournament, another victim of FoW :twisted: :twisted:
Rare_Ralph
  Posted: May 13 2009, 06:47 PM

Legatus Legionis

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

A good AAR but I thought I had won!
« Next Oldest | WW II Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0231 seconds · Archive