Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to SSWG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Spring Skirmish 2012, Next Years Show
Cavanagh6326
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 01:14 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Anyone wishing to add any comments on improvements or just what they want to see please add them to this thread
nickdives
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 05:26 PM

Legatus Legionis

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

Happy to put on a big demo again and I am sure Lorna will help out and make cup cakes and muffins again,if required.

I think a comittee would be a good idea with plenty of networking and publicity.

If we are expecting more visitors then we will need to organise a door roster. However duties wise if any club members have paid 15 or whatever to be in the competition they should be exempt (We should of course be encouraged to flick peanuts at them!)

Colin, I am afraid that you have dug your self a hole by being chief organiser so, as with the comment about a comitee you need a deputy, or every time you are about to throw a dice some snotty bugger will be tapping you on the shoulder looking for the loo!

The format was right, joe public, demo games and traders for Saturday, competition only Sunday.

A letter from you to various local clubs and traders, magazines and TMP explaining how it went and the way ahead will probably go down well, in addition we could take games to other club shows, Exeter, South Wales lot and Bovington etc so that we can network as mentioned above,

Nick
Cavanagh6326
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 01:18 PM

Administrator

Nick,
Agree regarding the networking and going to other clubs, I'll put together a generic leaflet we can hand out at other shows.
GunnyB
Posted: Mar 23 2011, 08:59 PM

Pilus Prior

Member No.: 6

Well, I think it was a success. Advertising to improve tournie numbers is the thing that maybe needs to be looked at, but with Robin sending out the info on his email list I'm not sure how much difference it would make.

Traders went well, don't think we need to start charging them to turn up. Well, not until the show gets a wee bit bigger anyway. Do we know how much product they shifted? Apart from Lee that is, since it was us buying most of it!

Fingers crossed I'm around for the next one........

nickdives
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 09:03 AM

Legatus Legionis

I agree with not charging traders for the next show, perhaps we could hold a raffle and ask each trader to donate a prize? This is how we used to run Action in Germany and worked well!
Cavanagh6326
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 08:13 PM

Administrator

I like the raffle idea, I'd also like to see more demo games from other clubs and I think Nick's idea of visiting other shows is a good one
nickdives
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 08:26 AM

Legatus Legionis

To that end, we are doing Fisitcuffs, which given the close ties between clubs should be a given! I would happily do Bovy as well, we have missed Penarth and Exeter but next year!
« Next Oldest | Wargames Show | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0219 seconds · Archive