Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Poonz Tavern. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Pay attention

Only mods and the admin may "create" topics here. Hoever, other users are allowed to post in the topics made by the mods/ admin.

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The 2010 Poonz Tavern Comic Awards, Its finally here!
poonipoonz
  Posted: Jul 2 2010, 07:20 PM

Kami Sama!!!! :3
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

user posted image

It didn't happen in 2008.... It sadly fell apart in 2009... But it's finally here! That's right! The 2010 Poonz Tavern Comic Awards officially start today. Some of you still may be asking. Awards? What awards? Well let me just tell you then! The comic awards are like any other contest, take for instance the Grammys, though sadly not as spectacular. There are different categories that have been created to award certain comics that fit that category a prize. Now the award you may ask, "What awards do we get?" Well it's time I explain that too. Below is a sample award that was first introduced for the SSBB tournament on PT.

user posted image

These "signature awards" are similar, but not exactly, the sig awards we will give out to winners. This officially recognizes the winner in each category. As well as that Poonz Tavern will officially promote all winners on this forum and support their comics. As well, PT will personally provide authors with support to better their spriting and drawing abilities.

Sample categories include, Best Visual Sprite Comic, Best Action Comic, Best original Comic, etc

Rules
  • To enter you must be a registered member on Poonz Tavern with at least 15 posts.
  • You may enter any comic you wish to, but it must have been updated at least once in the past 2 months, and requires at least a minimum of 10 pages.
  • You can also enter as many comics you have created, provided that they follow the above rule.
  • All sprite/webcomics submitted must be rated T+ and below. Some M rated comics may be submitted, provided that it does not contain 18+ or objectionable material, such as nudity, racism, and sequences of gore related violence.
  • You may not submit someone else's comic, only your own.
  • This contest is a fun community friendly activity that is hoped to carry on in further years. Any members using this contest as an excuse to exploit other authors or to harm an other will be strictly disciplined under the forum rules.
  • And to avoid biased decisions, judges will not be submitting their own comics or ones they assist .
To submit your comic, please click here to go to the official entry topic.

As stated above this is a fun contest that is a first for this forum. The judges for this contest will be showcased very soon with a short profile.The Contest Submissions begin today and will officially come to a close on July 26. A short list of entries that have made the cut for a category will be posted on July 28. At this point the community will be able to vote for two comics in each category. Between July 30-31 the final results will be posted and the awards presented in a unique fashion. So let as many people as you know that are in the spriting and webcomic world to take part in this contest! We thank you for taking part in this momentous event by not just submitting a comic, but also by supporting the spriting and webcomic community on Poonz Tavern. Thanks!

~Poonipoonz Head Admin of Poonz Tavern
cheesen8r
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 07:44 PM

stuck cleaning tables

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

poonz, in your opinion, should i submit pokemon rivalry? there will be action in the next few pages, sooo...

--------------------
The Black Crusaders are a secret group of powerful Black Americans. Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey are the chief majors, but Jesse Jackson, Colin Powell and Gordon from Sesame Street, they're members, too, and they meet four times a year in the skull of the Statue of Liberty. You can read about that on the Interweb.
poonipoonz
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 07:48 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (cheesen8r @ Jul 2 2010, 07:44 PM)
poonz, in your opinion, should i submit pokemon rivalry? there will be action in the next few pages, sooo...

Hey, I'd suggest if you have a comic, feel free to submit it. We'd love to see it, and you never know, you may win a prize! Don't think about if it's good or not, let the public and the judges decide. biggrin.gif The Official Submission topic is right here!
cheesen8r
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 12:12 AM

stuck cleaning tables

Member No.: 45

kay poonz, thanks

--------------------
The Black Crusaders are a secret group of powerful Black Americans. Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey are the chief majors, but Jesse Jackson, Colin Powell and Gordon from Sesame Street, they're members, too, and they meet four times a year in the skull of the Statue of Liberty. You can read about that on the Interweb.
MINIMATTY
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 01:49 AM

Hell On Earth Coming 2012

Member No.: 25

Due to the fact that i will nto be entering till 2012 hopefully if we keep poonz tavern open till then and future on, pleas emay i be a judge Poonz.

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature
Howey
Posted: Jul 6 2010, 05:54 PM

I am Howey, I am Legend!

Member No.: 10

yer can i be a judge to plz Poonz

--------------------
user posted image
poonipoonz
Posted: Jul 6 2010, 05:58 PM

Group Icon

We'll see guys. I'm personally pm'ing people for judge roles. :3
Vegito
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 12:47 PM

Vegi-Face!

Member No.: 110

I got myself 21 days to shoot out a comic thats better than 90% of the others out there.

I should get to work!
slipknot6SIC6
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 11:36 PM

The Eye Rapist!!

Member No.: 152

Me too, Vegi, me too...
Geoff
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 06:16 AM

Lightweight

Member No.: 157

Hahaha. Maybe you shouldn't have deleted Johto Generation, Slipknot.

--------------------
user posted image
DHK1989
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 11:05 AM

New Customer

Member No.: 160

When I make a few more posts, I'll enter my Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man comic. happy.gif
poonipoonz
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 11:06 AM

Group Icon

Great to hear. biggrin.gif
MINIMATTY
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 04:47 AM

Hell On Earth Coming 2012

Member No.: 25

Good Luck you guys.

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature
Shadow-Dinosaur
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 10:17 AM

Regular customer

Member No.: 167

Since you have asked me to join. How can I refuse. C:

--------------------
I AM THE DINO GUY! HI OR SOMETHING? o_O

ACT LIKE YOU KNOW!!!

Shadow D's Sprite Comic Place - CLICK ME - DO IT!! C:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Kijo Sensei
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 10:59 AM

Regular customer

Member No.: 71

Don't really have a comic at this present time... sooo I guess I'll just put on my cheerleading outfit and wish everyone else luck. -Waves pom poms- c:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1815 seconds | Archive
Skin Pix.UGren Created By Random of InkDrop Styles