Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Oolong. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Toroidia And Other Toroidal Graphics
Oolong
Posted: Jul 6 2005, 01:58 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks a lot for those links D, all excellent.

I came across Rekveld's page when I was researching for the writing to go with Resonata; it's very good, but I'm afraid I find the intense green background hard to deal with.

The Rudy Rucker program, Capow, is wonderful! It's got a kind of NOI meets Resonata thing going on, and clearly warrants much playing with. For what it's worth, the topology of this is generally classed as toroidal - you might enjoy 'Using Asteroids to explain the topological classification of 2-manifolds'.

You're right that flame blending seems simple enough to achieve, and thanks for the fun example. I'll probably build it into all my applets sooner or later.

The Image Savant 'Spore' thing is actually rather interesting as well as being supremely pretty. The guy seems to be having some degree of commercial success with it as well, which is encouraging.

Cheers!

- f.
b r o o k e
  Posted: Oct 20 2006, 07:22 AM

Unregistered

blink.gif Oh, you guys are so incredibly nerdy and genius. I'm captivated, entranced, gone on the Torodia.
No idea what you're saying when your lips are moving but what you've got here is my favorite shiny object on the net ever.

thanks for sharing it
« Next Oldest | Computer Graphics | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2937 seconds | Archive