Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Neverhood Community. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Windows 7 + Neverhood, Help!
GSMenardi
  Posted: Jan 21 2011, 02:22 PM

Life Seed

Group: Members
Member No.: 203

Hello, I'm having trouble getting the Neverhood to work properly on Windows 7. All animations (opening screen, walking, cutscenes, etc) are unbearably slow and choppy. gonk.gif

I've been really wanting to play the game again, is there a solution for this problem?
SheJanel
Posted: Jan 21 2011, 07:02 PM

Unregistered

I've had the same problem as well.
KlaySad.gif
Klay
Posted: Apr 11 2011, 03:09 PM

Life Seed

Member No.: 124

I haven't had this problem, can you give me a bit more information? What version of windows 7, 32bti or 64bit? What video card, etc. I'll see if I can help.
SheJanel
Posted: Apr 12 2011, 12:22 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Klay @ Apr 11 2011, 03:09 PM)
I haven't had this problem, can you give me a bit more information? What version of windows 7, 32bti or 64bit? What video card, etc. I'll see if I can help.

I got Windows 7, 64-bit.
I want to say my video card is the Intel Graphics Media card, but I'm not too sure.
Phielman
  Posted: Apr 21 2011, 12:24 AM

Life Seed

Member No.: 223

Hello KlayWink.gif.
I recoreded tutorial how to run Neverhood on Win 7/Vista.
But... This is in polish KlayWink.gif. You can view process of installing this patch KlayWink.gif.
Jak uruchomiŠ Neverhood na Windows 7 lub Vista.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYbj4yO39yg

Works on x64 and x86 Windows KlaySmile.gif
SheJanel
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 04:12 AM

Unregistered

Now I'm getting "Error reading CD-rom".
:c
BabyCharmander
Posted: Jul 31 2011, 11:05 PM

Life Seed

Member No.: 256

Hey uh, I just joined the forum to ask for help... xX; The solution offered does not fix the problem. I'm not having problems with the colors; I'm having the problem that the original poster mentioned. The game is incredibly laggy and choppy. The patch does not fix this... Can someone please help?
GSMenardi
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 06:22 AM

Life Seed

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (BabyCharmander @ Jul 31 2011, 11:05 PM)
Hey uh, I just joined the forum to ask for help... xX; The solution offered does not fix the problem. I'm not having problems with the colors; I'm having the problem that the original poster mentioned. The game is incredibly laggy and choppy. The patch does not fix this... Can someone please help?

I'm pretty sure it only goes real slow and choppy on my laptop, but works just fine on the shared computer. I would have thought everything in my laptop (being a modern one) would be able to support graphics from '95, but I guess not (Laptop is Windows Vista 32, and I'm assuming an intel something-or-other by the sticker on the keyboard).
BabyCharmander
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 01:29 PM

Life Seed

Yeah, mine works fine on my old desktop computer (which is on its last leg) back home. It's the laptop it's not working on... Is there absolutely no way to get it to work on this computer? D:
link6790
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 03:03 AM

Life Seed

Member No.: 293

I had the same problem and tried using Virtual PC to "run it on win 98". Now the cut scenes and first person walking are fine but when the view switches (inside a building) its all choppy. klayfreakout.gif
Tora Yakari
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 01:23 AM

Neverhoodian

Member No.: 24

I just got a new Win7 Laptop, and had this problem. Here's the solution, copied from over here! Hopefully this will help anyone else, it's working for me so far!

Decided to help any people out there - however few - who randomly discover this game and wish they could play it (as I did last summer) or who played it in their youth and wish to replay it.

There's an issue with the game that messes up the colors no matter what you do with compatibility settings, and a patch has been made to fix it.

You can download the patch here (I uploaded it myself to preserve it; if for whatever reason the link does not work, email me at angrywalrus13@gmail.com and I will do my best to get it to you):
http://www.mediafire.com/?l2metn4rttm

Then, follow these instructions:

1. Extract "WAVistaWin7.exe" and put it in the Neverhood program folder. This is typically "C:/Program Files (x86)/DreamWorks Interactive/Neverhood/"
2. Rename the "nhc.exe" (or whatever it is; the .exe with the game's logo on it) file and change it to "wa.exe"
3. Right click the newly-named "wa.exe"
4. Go to the Compatibility tab
5. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box and select Windows 95
6. Check "Run in 256 colors"
7. Hit OK.
8. Whenever you want to run the game, do so by opening "WAVistaWin7.exe" instead of the regular method. I suggest shortcutting the file to your desktop and renaming it "The Neverhood," or something so that you will know what it is.

Worked perfectly for me on Windows 7 64-bit, so I hope it does for whoever reads this (likely nobody).

I'm sure I'm talking to nobody, but I just want to help whatever small handful of people out there that discover this game and this topic, as The Neverhood is truly an amazing game and it's sad to see it so overlooked.

Enjoy the game.
Nickkel15
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 10:34 PM

Life Seed

Member No.: 315

I used the last posters suggestion for the color problem and it worked; however, I'm stilling having incredibly slow and choppy video scenes, like the opening scene and walking across the "courtyard" and other video scenes.

I don't want to do a virtual machine, if I can help it. I've got Windows 7 with 32-bit Ultimate and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, which says it is up-to-date. Anyone have any luck getting it to play correctly with similar settings?
Klayoshi
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 02:09 AM

Clod of Klay

Member No.: 291

QUOTE (Nickkel15 @ Jan 29 2012, 10:34 PM)
I used the last posters suggestion for the color problem and it worked; however, I'm stilling having incredibly slow and choppy video scenes, like the opening scene and walking across the "courtyard" and other video scenes.

I don't want to do a virtual machine, if I can help it. I've got Windows 7 with 32-bit Ultimate and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, which says it is up-to-date. Anyone have any luck getting it to play correctly with similar settings?

Yeah, this is my problem too, and I'm like 99% sure your settings are almost exactly the same as mine.

Nobody has created a patch for win7 lag as far as I know, and I've searched extensively for a general solution wielding no good results.

I don't know, and nobody else knows, apparently.

I'll just wait for the mobile version of this gem--if that does actually happen.
BabyCharmander
Posted: Jul 5 2012, 08:37 PM

Life Seed

No-one find out how to fix the lag in the video/sound?

I have a new laptop now (also Windows 7), but it doesn't work on this one either. :/ Colors are fine, but the game is still choppy.

EDIT: Scratch that; now the colors are messed up. O__o;; Man.
thelastdisciple
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 03:28 AM

Life Seed

Member No.: 376

If you can open task manager while the program is running, right click on the process and try setting the affinity to only one cpu core...(this is of course going under the impression that you have multiple cpu cores as most modern machines will have.)

Only solution i could think of for helping with speed issues. Hope it helps.

« Next Oldest | Game Help | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive