This skin was created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Modified by SK

Welcome to The FS2 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Venues, validation
StevieJack
Posted: May 20 2018, 04:59 AM

Pike

Group: Members
Member No.: 126

I for one am not supporting new venues any longer (in the present way), love me or hate me, but I think we have more than enough (Great venues), if you need a sim with more than 2000 venues then damn, just damn.

I think itís time we ask creators ďwhat do you have to offer?Ē, Give us some previews, in whatever way, story's, pictures., examples, but stop flooding us with work. It is impossible to keep up with you all, seriously.

No single person (valadator) is going to do what your asking without feeling pain...

"black knight is creating 20 new vens for a new league
Lelio have 10 venues ready to be validated"

Yea, i want 30 venues in a short amount of time on my list, NOT, NOT, NOT, you guys need to get real, no wonder Roy went into the hills and I don blame him.

StevieJack
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:32 AM

Pike

We need to stop the fluctuation of mediocre venues, we have enough.

Whew... :wub:

I'm done, but, I'm serious ...

Stevie
Android
Posted: May 20 2018, 04:50 PM

Crucian Carp

Member No.: 539

Stevie, you have hit the nail on the head, maybe it IS time to think we have enough venues, and to thank all those people that have given so much time in making this sim last as long as it has.

I have not downloaded any new venues for some time, not because of the non validation issue but because they were becoming so formulaic.

While I appreciate the time and effort it takes to create a venue, they were becoming so processed, the same species, the same maximum weights, created through an automated process, rather than tailored to what actually may exist in the real life venue.

It seems that within just a few days of a venue being released, the maximum weights had been caught in no time, I seem to remember venues being challenging, but maybe that was me being crap at the sim :)

SimmersDad
Posted: May 20 2018, 04:59 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

I can see your point of view Stevie and agree in some way.
However, there are some people out there still creating so need some way of releasing these in relatively safe way.

For this reason my new semi-validation system is now ready to go live and will be announced soon.

SD
StevieJack
Posted: May 20 2018, 11:11 PM

Pike

Hi Guys,

Well, I have been thinking on this, I was working in the heat all day yesterday, tiered and irritable, I should not have posted that late after a few drinks, but I did. I donít fish that many venues these days, so the mediocre comment was not nice as I have no clue really.

I personally think there are plenty of venues but as SD says there are people with a passion for creating them and I should support that fact.

I regret my posts but thatís what I thought in the moment.

We did stop with species and I think that was a smart move.

Anyway, I apologize if anyone was offended.

Stevie
tubadave
Posted: May 21 2018, 06:37 PM

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

There was a lot of sense in your rant Stevie.
The way I see it any venues released now will not be on the records etc. as they will not be properly validated.

Personally I will have 2 installs, one for venues now & any new venues will be in their own install. That way I have a choice of which I use and nothing gets ruined.

In a way it's like having 2 different versions of the sim.

Dave
Mattia
Posted: May 21 2018, 06:46 PM

Rudd

Member No.: 3,578

I totally agree with you, Simmersdad. But, since I have more than one venue to send you, do I have to send one at a time or all together?

Mattia ;)
SimmersDad
Posted: May 21 2018, 09:43 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 45

Hi Mattia

You need to email me on robin@simmersdad.net and I will reply with login details for the SD Downer.
You can then upload the venues and the testers will be able to download them.
As soon as the venues are tested and passed, they will be moved to the public download page.
If possible venues should be in zip files not rars although I can convert them if I have to.

Cheers

SD

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1921 seconds · Archive