This skin was created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Modified by SK

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The FS2 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

New Venues - Validation Etc
SimmersDad
Posted: May 16 2018, 08:00 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

Ok guys, I have spoken with Jase and he is not too worried about validation now. However, it should be remembered that years ago we had some very unscrupulous people around and they set out to deliberately ruin FS2 as a genuine simulator plus even worse they released venues that caused FS2 to no longer function once the new rogue venue was added. Jase is prepared to create a new user who would be responsible for uploading to the official downloader but I will not be volunteering to do this. What I am thinking of doing though is to allow non-validated venues on the SD Downer.
This is how this would work - creators would need to pm or email me and ask for a login on the SD Downer. Once access is setup, the creator would be able to upload a venue to a folder on my server but the venue would not be immediately available. I would then install this venue into a temporary installation of FS2 to ensure that it will load properly. Note, the venue will not be validated or tested in any other way. I would then make the venue public in a new section of the downloader with a warning that these venue are installed at the users own risk.
How does this sound to everyone?
cliff
Posted: May 17 2018, 09:24 AM

King Carp

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

that's great news
clap1
Android
Posted: May 17 2018, 05:44 PM

Crucian Carp

Group: Members
Member No.: 539

Just out of interest..

If you tested the venue for a safe installation but saw the weights of species were unrealistic, would the venue still be accepted?

I appreciate you said that you would not validate as such, but where would this type of issue stand if it occurred ?
SimmersDad
Posted: May 17 2018, 05:57 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 45

This is a "valid" (lol) point.

I really haven't got time to look too closely but I could appoint a couple of real life testers that would be able to download and test before public release.

If you fancy being one of these type of testers, let me know and I'll see what I can set up.

Example:
1. Creator uploads to my server, public can see this listed but can't download.
2. Appointed testers can download, send me an email to confirm ok or not within a couple of days.
3. I transfer the venue to public release.

SD
tubadave
Posted: May 19 2018, 10:44 AM

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Hi SD

I've emailed you but forgot to put the .txt on the attached file.

Dave
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0245 seconds · Archive