Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Jewish Attachment Parenting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

scheduling naps/feedings
Chavelamomela
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 06:58 AM

Attached to my computer...is this AP?

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I am sorry for being so blunt, but your pediatrician sounds like an idiot who knows nothing about breastfeeding. The worst thing to do to a breastfeeding baby with a sensitive gut is to stop breastfeeding. Modifications can be made to the mom's diet, but the baby needs breastmilk. No formula is better or healthier.

Please find yourself a pediatrician who has some knowledge and experience with breastfeeding (or at least be prepared to ignore everything the doc says about it...)

Zephyr
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:15 AM

Clearly neglecting my kids to be here this much

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 3

Lactation consultants know a lot more about this than MD's. If your MD pressures you (and I concur with Chavi; your pediatrician's knowledge of breastfeeding is grossly insufficient) then tell her that you are working with a Lactation Consultant. You can get more information on who to go to (they aren't all created equal) from your local La Leche League. You might want to connect with your local La Leche just to meet other moms in real life who practice mindful attachment. I think we're a pretty great community, too, but real life support is better, if you can get it.
motzishor
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:26 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 314

I would not discount any of your advice: moms know best. If I'd listen to the doctors I should not even have this baby: my Fallopian tubes were both blocked and could not get pregnant by myself. Guess what? G-d laughed at all of them and He gave us this baby without any treatment, surgery or doctor's intervention.

What I am wandering, though, is if milk allergy can come suddenly after three months with me having yogurt each morning. Why would now be any different?

I will not get my baby on formula; I do not even consider it. As long as I have milk and he is getting enough weight out of it, then I will not change it. I do not see anything more beautiful than one baby's head against his mom's breast, nursing... I don't know when I am supposed to start him on solids (some say 4 months, other 6) but for now I enjoy breastfeeding as much as possible. I will seek other opinion(s) if my pediatrician insists on formula.

I totally understand that baby's needs change with time and all I do is follow his cue. I do not complain. I wanted to see that he is ok and then to see if there would be any hope that he'd get more settled over time.
Chavelamomela
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 01:42 PM

Attached to my computer...is this AP?

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Don't worry about solids for a while. Follow your baby's lead. When he shows signs of interest in your food, grabs, has teeth, can sit up, and is not pacified by a spoon, and "mooches" off your plate, you'll know he's ready. This can happen anywhere from 6-10 months or so - and remember, the eating experience during a baby's first year of life is purely experiential, not nutritional - breastmilk should remain his primary source of nutrition for at least the first year, and you can add in more solids as he shows more interest.

But don't worry more about it now. Just nurse. And definitely find a LLL in your area and a highly recommended LC. When your baby is ready for solids, you can post a new thread here and we'll answer your questions in detail then grin.gif
LearningFromExperience
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:21 PM

Clearly neglecting my kids to be here this much

Member No.: 26

What I am wandering, though, is if milk allergy can come suddenly after three months with me having yogurt each morning. Why would now be any different?
Allergies are cumulative.

Stop the yogurt, see what happens.

How's the sling working out?
motzishor
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 05:37 PM

Member No.: 314

I really like the sling but I still need to practice more to see what is more comfy for my baby. My husband had a great experience while carrying the baby in the sling and the baby fell asleep. He was thrilled! Since I am significantly smaller than my husband and the baby is quite big, I need to play around more to find what works best for the baby and myself.

Thank you Chavelamomela, now I know what the signs are for solid food introduction to my baby. I had no idea! I definitely continue BF-ing my baby and watch my diet closely to see what the problem might be. headscratch.gif
« Next Oldest | Breastfeeding | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6139 seconds | Archive