InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Jewish Attachment Parenting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Baby Sling Warning!!!!
The Foxx
Posted: Mar 12 2010, 03:04 PM

Clearly neglecting my kids to be here this much

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11

Chavelamomela
Posted: Mar 12 2010, 05:43 PM

Attached to my computer...is this AP?

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

No, No, No!!!

The CPSC got it wrong! Slings in general are safe. Bag-type carrier slings (like the infantino sling-rider are dangerous for several reasons.

I will post more after shabbat. This irks me because it gives all slings a bad name, while its just a few poorly designed products that are lousy and in the babywearing community these products are known for being ones to avoid.

More later...
npl
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 07:23 PM

Clearly neglecting my kids to be here this much

Group: Members
Member No.: 146

The first link Foxx posted is great - so good to see the decent manufacturers giving solid information about safe and unsafe babywearing practices. Was refreshing to read an empowering press release (and it reminded me of a few key points after having not worn a newborn in so many years!).
Haven't read the second one, yet.
Chavelamomela
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 08:54 PM

Attached to my computer...is this AP?

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I thought this link was pretty decent:

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03...fe-baby-slings/
« Next Oldest | Beyond the Sling | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2206 seconds | Archive