zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.
This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections like Gameday threads, Rumors and Trades, and more. Use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free to be part of the most knowledgeable Islander fan base there is. Hockey novices and Ranger fans need not apply.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

''We knew what to expect with their speed. They were as advertised."
-Steve Mason, Flyers goalie
THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE in...

Yup....5 Years Ago...., Isles 3 Sabres 2
Sab31
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 04:24 AM

4th line

Group: Members
Member No.: 123

Apologies if this has been brought up today....but after catching up to all the excitement, OT's and yes, even fisticuffs and cheap shots from an already intriguing round of playoffs, I found myself with a couple hours of energy left and a light bulb went off.....wasn't it around this time 5 years ago that we last won a playoff game?

Sure enough I pulled out my dvd of our last playoff win and it was exactly 5 years ago!!!

As sad as that is I try to pull the positives of course and I watched the game and it was DP's finest moment as an Islander (yup...when you have TSN commentators like Maguire and Miller drooling over you for one night in this country it's a highlight too hehe) after not playing for 3 weeks due to his concussion and come back and play his best playoff game ever....

But of course you get to see other stuff like Yashin being benched down to 6 minutes of play by Nolan as well as other soft play....

But when you see the hard work of Sillinger and clan you would think that with a few different bounces on the Island the '07 playoffs could have been a bit different...

But anyway...I thought I'd share that with ya cause it is an anniversary of sorts...

SAB

P.S. Here are the only clips on youtube I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMe82h2EXWU

--------------------
user posted image
Webb20
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 10:48 AM

Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

and play his best playoff game ever....
So few playoff games to choose from, it's easy a victory is his best.

--------------------
user posted image
5/24/1980=Greatest Day in NY Islanders history. 10/24/2012=Darkest Day in NY Islanders history

We're all Islanders Some of us are Islanders, others are city dwellers
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | A Look Back | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0600 seconds | Archive