Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.
This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections like Gameday threads, Rumors and Trades, and more. Use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free to be part of the most knowledgeable Islander fan base there is. Hockey novices and Ranger fans need not apply.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bringing in Reasoner to teach is like bringing in Jeff Tambellini to hold a seminar on "Sniping" or the 'better' Lindros to teach the kids how to play tough and take a hit.
FREE AGENCY BEGINS (and the Isles get ignored)

Easter Epic - 24 years ago, oh what a game
stevedepot
Posted: Apr 18 2011, 08:48 PM

WISENHEIMER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 25

Today marks 24 years since Pat Lafontaine scored in quadruple OT to beat the Caps.
Remember where you were?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Showing zero tolerance for koolaiders and SnoWang apologists since 2007.
This lifelong Islanders fan is sick and tired of pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.

I long for the day when I can show up to Charles Wang's wake with a shovel and
patiently wait for everyone to pay their respects so I can pay mine by burying the bastid.
19!
Posted: Apr 18 2011, 09:23 PM

1st line

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,163

They mentioned this during the Sabres-Flyers game tonight. You hear it there too?

I just felt OLD when I heard that. Remember it like it was yesterday.

--------------------
John Tavares was 2 years old the last time NYI won a playoff series
stevedepot
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 08:43 AM

WISENHEIMER

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (19! @ Apr 18 2011, 09:23 PM)
They mentioned this during the Sabres-Flyers game tonight. You hear it there too?

I just felt OLD when I heard that. Remember it like it was yesterday.

No, actually on facebook. NY Isles admin posted a frozen in time, this date in isles history.

I get a tear in my eye each time I think of that.
Was with my fellow buddies at my friends house watching it. It was around 2 in the morning and we were so amped up we almost wrecked the house.
Could not fall a asleep after that.
Amazing goaltending by Hrudey and Mason in them OT's.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Showing zero tolerance for koolaiders and SnoWang apologists since 2007.
This lifelong Islanders fan is sick and tired of pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.

I long for the day when I can show up to Charles Wang's wake with a shovel and
patiently wait for everyone to pay their respects so I can pay mine by burying the bastid.
4CUPZ
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 02:59 PM

HEAD OF SECURITY

Member No.: 3

WAS SITTING AT THE CHERRYWOOD CAFE FROM 5PM TILL 3AM
SAMBUCA-HEINEKINS-SILVERBULLETS cheers.gif
EASTER WAS VERY QUIET

--------------------
user posted image

查尔斯: 死漫长而痛苦的死亡,并采取加思与你

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXt5NWY5Ay0
3POTI
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 06:16 PM

Bring back...PRIDE OF THE ISLAND

Member No.: 553

QUOTE (stevedepot @ Apr 19 2011, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (19! @ Apr 18 2011, 09:23 PM)
They mentioned this during the Sabres-Flyers game tonight.  You hear it there too?

I just felt OLD when I heard that.  Remember it like it was yesterday.

No, actually on facebook. NY Isles admin posted a frozen in time, this date in isles history.

I get a tear in my eye each time I think of that.
Was with my fellow buddies at my friends house watching it. It was around 2 in the morning and we were so amped up we almost wrecked the house.
Could not fall a asleep after that.
Amazing goaltending by Hrudey and Mason in them OT's.

could not sleep after that?! laugh.gif I was trying to stay awake..at home, alone in front of the tv, drifting..then patty scores and I wake the whole house.. lmao.gif

--------------------
Today Is A Great Day To Be An Islander Fan!
Live For The Moment!

stoutofheart
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 01:01 PM

4th line

Member No.: 4,066

I was in the TV room wearing my hockey gloves (as I always did back then when watching the game, for luck! Cut me some slack, I was only 16! LOL!) and nearly broke a hole in the ceiling when I threw them off into the air to celebrate the lamp-lighting.

That was the single greatest game I was ever witness to, even better than the Al Arbour 1500 game, even better than the Smith 31 jersey retirement game. (I never got to watch any of the Dynasty Cup games, we didn't have more than one TV and I was too young to argue with my Mom over what to watch.) I would meet Pat LaFontaine the next year as the Special Surprise guest for our hockey Awards dinner. I couldn't even get out more than an "Honored to meet you, Sir.", I was so nervous. Worship.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Reggie Dunlop: I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Sean Avery. He's the head-giver and chief punk on that Rags team.
Jim Carr: A bounty?
Reggie Dunlop: Yeah, a hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my guys who really nails that creep. Double if he makes him bleed!

WAY TO GO, HALEY!!!
sybo
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 01:18 PM

Resident Wiseass, Neighborhood Candyman, Master Drunkard

Group: Neighorbood Watch
Member No.: 14

I was in Canada of all places watching it on TV. Whatta night !!!

--------------------
Garth Snow circa 2006:
but how can you not be excited about DiPietro…Robert Nilsson…Ryan O'Marra…Petteri Nokelainen…Jeremy Colliton…Kyle Okposo…Blake Comeau…Sean Bergenheim…Chris Campoli…and so many others.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | A Look Back | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0983 seconds | Archive